Stockport pitch inspection

I doubt Stockport will be making much effort to clear a pitch or the surrounding area, potentially forcing the referee into his decision. Most clubs, with an inspection the following morning, would have put messages on their website asking fans to come down and help. They haven't.

11.30 for a derby game the following day is a joke. Hopefully the ref forces them to pull their finger out and re-inspect on Saturday. Maybe if they're threatened with some sort of fine from the FA they'll try and get the game on.

From the Stockport fans site:

It is in our interests, but the ground isn't frozen solid! It's thawing out everywhere. It's one thing to want the game off and to actively do very little to ensure it goes ahead (which we are doing and could get in trouble for) but lets not fib about it. This game could easily go ahead if we wanted it to. But it would show us up terribly if it did. We can thank the weather for the last few postponements, we won't have that excuse soon.

It did strike me as odd, but at least from our point of view it gives those still thinking of going and local to BP chance to wait for that inspection result before popping down to get a ticket.

It's a bit short-sighted of Stockport to want it off - there's no guarantee they'll be any better off squad-wise come the re-arranged date and we've all already got a ridiculous backlog.

I wouldn't beleive the conspiricy theories here. I was listening to our Groundsman on Radio Manchester on Saturday, he said the pitch at BP was frozen solid 2 inches down into from the surface. He added that it would take 4 or 5 days of 7 degree temperatures to thaw it out. I assume that County's pitch will be much the same..... so far we have had only a few days of 1 degree tremperatures, so I would say this is the reason the game will be off.

I wouldn't beleive the conspiricy theories here. I was listening to our Groundsman on Radio Manchester on Saturday, he said the pitch at BP was frozen solid 2 inches down into from the surface. He added that it would take 4 or 5 days of 7 degree temperatures to thaw it out. I assume that County's pitch will be much the same..... so far we have had only a few days of 1 degree tremperatures, so I would say this is the reason the game will be off.

Even if counties pitch did thaw out it will probably be called of due to a water logged pitch.

given the forecast today for stockport there is no way any respectable rational referee can call the game off, or for the pitch to not thaw. only as low as 4 tonight so it should thaw overnight, 6's tomorrow - no way can it be off. if it is then blatant cheating is at hand.

Could the pitch not get flooded with this rain forecast and the snow thawing?

"Water Hogs on the pitch"

given the forecast today for stockport there is no way any respectable rational referee can call the game off, or for the pitch to not thaw. only as low as 4 tonight so it should thaw overnight, 6's tomorrow - no way can it be off. if it is then blatant cheating is at hand.

yeah...

as its sale sharks who own the ground, their groundsmen will be looking after the pitch.

you seem pretty much an expert on this subject..why not give them some advise-i'm sure they need a giggle.

We'd better prepare ourselves for some blatent cheating then.