Match OFF

Surely this could wait till tomorrow morning?!

its 18 miles ffs!!

What a joke!

Sensible decision in my opinion, I have just got back from manchester and the walk from my bus stop to my house, which normally takes 2 mins tops, took a good 15 mins.

Conditions are really really poor on foot.

Sensible decision in my opinion, I have just got back from manchester and the walk from my bus stop to my house, which normally takes 2 mins tops, took a good 15 mins.

Im missing football badly

There best be some premiership games on this weekend :disappointed:

That is due to the drizzle settling on the ice though surely... Which will lead to that ice melting...

Indeed.

I understand people are frustrated because of our lack of football, but public safety comes first. It's really bad out there, especially on the pavements, I slipped on my arse already this morning! I ended up walking on the road to avoid the ice. Not to mention black ice on the roads and motorways.

Likewise this benefits us, there's no point in playing on a hardened surface and risking further injury, and this time off allows us more time to sign players and for other players to return from injury, we'll be stronger and fitter when we return.

This ice will be gone by next Saturday, it's going to be raining with spells of sunshine, it'll clear it right up. One more week without football, but the pros out weighs the cons.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

It's also a complete fallacy that conditions would improve by tomorrow. A days worth of mild-medium rain (which we've got) isn't going to melt a whole lot of ice, it will just make it a hell'a lot more slippy. We're not talking about a bit of overnight snow. It's bad everywhere. We've had a month of this bastard weather and it's only just beginning to stop snowing.

The conditions are improving over the long term; 4 or 5 days of this rain and the bouts of sunshine will have melted most of the ice, but one further day of rain won't, as I said it will just make the ice more slippy and more dangerous. It's case of it gets slightly worse before it gets much better.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

right... i live and work in stockport. we've had no snow fall now for over a week. the ice/snow left is melting rapidly as suprisingly its not that cold now!?

I used to live a stone's throw from Edgeley Park (and am actually park next to the ground every day for work) so I know for a fact that there is little snow or ice around there. What County have been doing with their pitch I don't know, but I bet Sale Sharks have had a big hand in dictating we won't be playing there tomorrow!!! :ranting:

And to say we have torrential rain is a joke!!! its barely drizzling at the moment!!

Edited by fogeats

right... i live and work in stockport. we've had no snow fall now for over a week. the ice/snow left is melting rapidly as suprisingly its not that cold now!?

I used to live a stone's throw from Edgeley Park (and am actually park next to the ground every day for work) so I know for a fact that there is little snow or ice around there. What County have been doing with their pitch I don't know, but I bet Sale Sharks have had a big hand in dictating we won't be playing there tomorrow!!! :ranting:

And to say we have torrential rain is a joke!!! its barely drizzling at the moment!!

Heineken cup game against Toulouse next week

:lol: I did the usual quick look around to see if anyone had seen me , luckily they hadnt :grin:

Ours is perv-ayed by CCTV and a security man who apparently likes to zoom in on women getting out of their cars. He sniggered at me as I walked past his office, so I may have been watched.

Ours is perv-ayed by CCTV and a security man who apparently likes to zoom in on women getting out of their cars. He sniggered at me as I walked past his office, so I may have been watched.

I kicked a massive (what I thought was a snowball) piece of ice outside the pub near work and got a shock when it hurt so much , I really hope that wasnt on cctv :unsure: