Team for Tranmere game

Apart from the keeper that is...

Brill

Back Four from: Lee, :censored:, Timar, Hazell, Gregan, Jacobson

Midfield from: Colbeck, Stephens, Goodwin, Whittaker, Furman, Taylor

Strikers from: Abbott, Brooke, Parker, Smalley... Heffernan?

Who to pick, who to pick? Over to you DP :grin:

For once we have a big squad to choose from (and no sign of any random Hungarians! (forgot the Beast of Budapest for a second)

I'd stick Rueben at right back, Timar at centre back and put :censored: in centre mid with Stephens. Smalley and Taylor on the wings.

Not sure about up front - maybe worth reintroducing the Parker/Abbott combination - there were a couple of games way back when (Carlisle and MK Dons) where it worked pretty well...

Edited by Fan up the ladder

For once we have a big squad to choose from (and no sign of any Hungarians!)

I'd stick Rueben at right back, Timar at centre back and put :censored: in centre mid with Stephens. Smalley and Taylor on the wings.

Not sure about up front - maybe worth reintroducing the Parker/Abbott combination - there were a couple of games way back when (Carlisle and MK Dons) where it worked pretty well...

I suppose that was the point I was making - a big squad - lot's of options - not an easy decision - if I was the boss though:

Brill

:censored:, Timar, Gregan, Jacobson

Colbeck, Stephens, Furman, Taylor

Abbott, Heffernan?

Ollerenshaw, Hazell, Goodwin, Whittaker, Parker, Brooke, Smalley :lol:

Brill

Out of those players you've listed, I'd go for:-

Brill (only because he is the only option)

:censored:, Hazell, Gregan, Jacobsen

Stephens, Goodwin, Furman, Taylor

Abbott, Heffernan (hope we can get him back)

Subs Timar, Whittaker, Brooke, Smalley, Ollerenshaw, Parker

TBH I wouldn't even put Lee or Colbeck on the bench as I couldn't envisage any scenario that would tempt me to want either of them to take the field.

i think Lee is a decent player but Colbeck no thanks, i think we should ship him out on loan!

I'd rather have colbeck in the team than smalley. At least colbeck has shown that he can put a decent cross in. All we need is for him to do it more often and for someone to get on the end of them eg. Pav!!

i think Lee is a decent player but Colbeck no thanks, i think we should ship him out on loan!

id have colbeck over lee. lee has been here for three seasons and hasnt shown anything promising. colbeck has at least shown he has something. anyway, his inconcsistency keeps things interesting...

I'd rather have colbeck in the team than smalley. At least colbeck has shown that he can put a decent cross in. All we need is for him to do it more often and for someone to get on the end of them eg. Pav!!

That's what makes the difference between Smalley & Colbeck - the crossing.

I saw Colbeck have his best game of the season at Wycombe (only for DP to sub him..doh) - he is far more of a threat than Dean imho.

Brill

I think :censored: is wasted at cb or fb. He's very capable of playing either position but for me he's been our best midfielder this season so we should keep him there. I'd go for;

Brill

Rubes Greegs Timar JJ

Smalley :censored: Furman Taylor

Abbott Parker (Heffernan if we get him in time)

I wouldn't consider Colbeck when we have a full squad to pick from despite his brief renaissance, just not good enough (yet at least). Parker and Abbott have created some chances between them, it's just a case of whether Parker can actually finish them or not and Brooke still looks a little lightweight. I actually still think Lee could be a decent player for us despite at full back looking a little dodgy, but was that just lack of match practice? Might be tempted to stick him in instead of Rubes at right back, clearly offers something going forward and he certainly knows how to play the game. We don't have a bad side when everyone is fit, certainly not relegation material, i'm far from worried especially if we can get Heffernan in.

Ollerenshaw (cant do much worse than brill)

Lee Timar/Hazell Gregan Jacobsen

:censored:/Goodwin Stephens

Smalley Whittaker Taylor

Abbott

Give whits, taylor and smalley licence to get forward to support abbott and as we are at home, attacking fullbacks in Lee and Jacobson should be used.

The Italian 4-2-3-1.........

Brill

Hazell Timar Gregan Jacobsen

:censored: Furman

Smalley Stephens Taylor

Abbott

Give Smalley & Taylor license to roam and play off Abbott and run past him. Stephens gets the space to pick his passes especially through balls which he is deadly at. Furman gets to do what he does best which is harry and tackle. Him and :censored: sat in front of the defence is very formidable.

We always seem rigid, this would give us more fluidity i think. Could also play Taylor on the right and Parker on the left.......give him a chance to play like he did at Blackpool.

The Italian 4-2-3-1.........

Brill

Hazell Timar Gregan Jacobsen

:censored: Furman

Smalley Stephens Taylor

Abbott

Give Smalley & Taylor license to roam and play off Abbott and run past him. Stephens gets the space to pick his passes especially through balls which he is deadly at. Furman gets to do what he does best which is harry and tackle. Him and :censored: sat in front of the defence is very formidable.

We always seem rigid, this would give us more fluidity i think. Could also play Taylor on the right and Parker on the left.......give him a chance to play like he did at Blackpool.

You know - I like this formation a lot - if we don't get Heffernan before Wednesday then swap Colbeck for Smalley and I would pay to watch this lot :wink:

I'm hoping we bring a striker in before wednesday whether it be heffernan or not, We need someone decent to play alongside pav and i'm not convinced we possess such a player at the moment.

I think a striker is a must. Need someone else rather than relying on just Pav to get the goals.

I think a striker is a must. Need someone else rather than relying on just Pav to get the goals.

That's been one of our problems......We're far too reliant on him to get our goals, If we can bring someone in to share the burden and get taylor, furman etc. chipping in then things could look far rosier.

Hopefully then we could enter games with a much more positive approach.