Just got back from Stockport

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an Oldham official should have been more aware and organised and got the pitch inspection moved, or at worst launch an official complaint.

Sorry, I didn't realise that you know the club officals that well. Maybe next time you can have a little word in their ear and let them know what they should be doing.

Ive answered twice, but ill answer again, an Oldham official should have been more aware and organised and got the pitch inspection moved, or at worst launch an official complaint.

Sorry, I didn't realise that you know the club officals that well. Maybe next time you can have a little word in their ear and let them know what they should be doing.

Calm down ladies ..........

How do we know the club havent put in a complaint ??? :unsure:

Ive answered twice, but ill answer again, an Oldham official should have been more aware and organised and got the pitch inspection moved, or at worst launch an official complaint.

how exactly could the club have changed it???

stockport asked the football league to get the pitch inspected on friday morning as all week it has been minus 6 and 7 and frozen solid in most parts,yes friday may have been mild and friday evening and today raining,but they wanted it inspected friday.

penny has been on the os complaining saying its ridiculas,we are 20 mins away so an inspoection should have been done today at 11am.with that in mind i think a complaint will be made regarding the game not being played.

this has nothing to do with the conditions,but smacks of county delaying the game because of inadequate squad and available players and on an 11 games losing streak...

any other club in that position would have done exactly the same and used the flimsyiest excuse not to play and get battered.

how exactly could the club have changed it???

stockport asked the football league to get the pitch inspected on friday morning as all week it has been minus 6 and 7 and frozen solid in most parts,yes friday may have been mild and friday evening and today raining,but they wanted it inspected friday.

penny has been on the os complaining saying its ridiculas,we are 20 mins away so an inspoection should have been done today at 11am.with that in mind i think a complaint will be made regarding the game not being played.

this has nothing to do with the conditions,but smacks of county delaying the game because of inadequate squad and available players and on an 11 games losing streak...

any other club in that position would have done exactly the same and used the flimsyiest excuse not to play and get battered.

Definitely. Any other club who only has 7 fit professionals available would try get the game called off if they had the opportunity due to poor weather.

I live 200 metres from the ground and my street is completely free of snow and ice and there is not a hint of frost. The night was mild and I have freely walked into Edgeley and past the ground a couple of times in the last 24 hours without any chance of a slip.

The officials at Stockport simply didn't want the game to go ahead, end of story. I think an investigation would be called for here.

Obviously they wanted it called off, a team in administration desperate for cash, they wont want a local derby on on a saturday afternoon where it would generate a lot of cash, instead they'll rather have it on a midweek night meaning less fans meaning less money.

Obviously they wanted it called off, a team in administration desperate for cash, they wont want a local derby on on a saturday afternoon where it would generate a lot of cash, instead they'll rather have it on a midweek night meaning less fans meaning less money.

Stockport's problems go much deeper than can possibly hinge on whether they have a home derby on a Saturday.

The relatively small difference in revenue isn't going to make or break them. If only it could. The fact that their squad was massively depleted for such an important game would be seen as the bigger issue. This is why I am questioning the choices they have made.

Thought id have a drive over this morning and check out the surrounding areas. All snow has obviously gone and i didn't feel any ice in a good 10 minute walk around the roads, surrounding the stadium. The pitch looked clear of snow, and with no obvious signs of flooding, given an inspection this morning i saw no reason why it would fail one. This is a shambles, and could be huge in our relegation/promotion push as at the moment Stockport have lost 11? in a row? and have very poor players, come the re arrangement they could be on a decent run with a better side. Pure sham, personally our club should have done more to get this game on, yet again it shows how bad we're missing our "funny little bald man" step forward super Alan Hardy. Dave Penney should have demanded the inspection to be moved forward to today, or at least some club official should have.

Ha ha, oh dear, not got much going on outside of football by the sound of it!

Stockport's problems go much deeper than can possibly hinge on whether they have a home derby on a Saturday.

The relatively small difference in revenue isn't going to make or break them. If only it could. The fact that their squad was massively depleted for such an important game would be seen as the bigger issue. This is why I am questioning the choices they have made.

A home derby on a saturday will bring in more revenue to help them than on a mid week night. FACT.

Relativly small difference? I'd imagine it would be slightly bigger.

Why is it such an important game for them? Every game is important for them.

A home derby on a saturday will bring in more revenue to help them than on a mid week night. FACT.

I didn't dispute this did I?

Relativly small difference? I'd imagine it would be slightly bigger.

You'd imagine, eh? But the point I am making is that the difference in the revenue between a Saturday and a weekday match is but a blip in the ocean of the huge debt and cashflow problems this club is suffering from (which require substantial intervention). Like I said, it will not make or break them one way or the other.

Why is it such an important game for them? Every game is important for them.

A local derby against a fellow relegation threatened club following a horrendous run of form. They might all be big games, but this is one of the bigger ones, lets face it.

I didn't dispute this did I?

Never said you did

You'd imagine, eh? But the point I am making is that the difference in the revenue between a Saturday and a weekday match is but a blip in the ocean of the huge debt and cashflow problems this club is suffering from (which require substantial intervention). Like I said, it will not make or break them one way or the other.

But it will bring in thousands of pounds more than a midweek night which will help them massively..

A local derby against a fellow relegation threatened club following a horrendous run of form. They might all be big games, but this is one of the bigger ones, lets face it.

Which would make more sense to have played on a saturday as both sets of fans will be hoping for a change in teams form

Thought id have a drive over this morning and check out the surrounding areas. All snow has obviously gone and i didn't feel any ice in a good 10 minute walk around the roads, surrounding the stadium. The pitch looked clear of snow, and with no obvious signs of flooding, given an inspection this morning i saw no reason why it would fail one. This is a shambles, and could be huge in our relegation/promotion push as at the moment Stockport have lost 11? in a row? and have very poor players, come the re arrangement they could be on a decent run with a better side. Pure sham, personally our club should have done more to get this game on, yet again it shows how bad we're missing our "funny little bald man" step forward super Alan Hardy. Dave Penney should have demanded the inspection to be moved forward to today, or at least some club official should have.

Given our history over the years, any other team in this division that had lost 11 in a row would have been looking at the fixture list and thinking for Christ's sake when do we play Oldham?

Dropped bollock me thinks County.

Given our history over the years, any other team in this division that had lost 11 in a row would have been looking at the fixture list and thinking for Christ's sake when do we play Oldham?

Dropped bollock me thinks County.

Agreed, I think they missed a trick there.

Playing us would have been their best chance to end that wretched run.

Really, nobody ever needs to be :censored:ting themselves at the prospect of playing us.

Edited by Hometownclub

According to the Metro, the game on Saturday was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

After seeing some of the highlights on the League Show after match of the day I am fairly relieved that I didn't pay £20 to watch a game where the ball got stuck in the mud every few minutes.o

Was their shop open?