Pizza's Oz Open Official Betting Thread

Blue_Pizza

The key to gambling is not to bet anymore than you can afford to loose- I wonder what Pizza man does for a living if he can afford to loose £2000 in 2 weeks, and still be posting at 2pm and 12midnight and do the authorities know? :grin: I'm also a bit skeptical as to how a 2/1 and a 7/1 double nets you £2400 from a £100 stake- the odds don't quite stack up.

Yes you can say such and such a bet is too high a price I'm having that but bookies don't set the odds at a level at random they will judge on how likely it is to come in, what sort of odds they need to get people interested and how many bets they are likely to get. For example I know that you should never bet on anything to do with England at sport in England because the odds you are going to get won't be as good as say betting on England in Germany or France. I'm not a mathematician but there is something about odds, likelihood, probability that says the difference between 4/5 and 3/5 is not that significant and the difference may just be down to the personal choice of someone at that particular betting company which would be like taking the advice of self-appointed experts.

I do like this thread though as aside from the Brits and the attractive women I've not a big interest in Tennis and don't really care as to who wins between say Roddick and Cilic, now I actually cared slightly.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key to gambling is not to bet anymore than you can afford to loose- I wonder what Pizza man does for a living if he can afford to loose £2000 in 2 weeks, and still be posting at 2pm and 12midnight and do the authorities know? :grin:I'm also a bit skeptical as to how a 2/1 and a 7/1 double nets you £2400 from a £100 stake- the odds don't quite stack up.

The bets right medic £100 @ 2/1 - £200 winnings + £100 stake = £300 @ 7/1 - £2100 winnings + £300 stake =£2400 thats if they both win of coarse. :wink:

The bets right medic £100 @ 2/1 - £200 winnings + £100 stake = £300 @ 7/1 - £2100 winnings + £300 stake =£2400 thats if they both win of coarse. :wink:

OK I was under the impression that a double was when you put money on them both happening so essentially £100 on a (2x7)/ 1 shot which would mean £1500 back (although that still only makes him £1400)

OK I was under the impression that a double was when you put money on them both happening so essentially £100 on a (2x7)/ 1 shot which would mean £1500 back (although that still only makes him £1400)

No, you've got to add in the stake when you double i'e not 2 x 7 but 3 x 8 = 24 (1 + 2 = 3 x 7 = 21 + 3 = 24).

£100 @ 2/1 = £200 winnings + £100 stake = £300

£300 @ 7/1 = £2100 winnings + £300 stake = £2400.

Edited by Hometownclub

Surely for the £2,000 that you're going to lose you could have actually flown out and gone to the tournament, rather than watching it at home and giving all your money away.

I made ten million quid in the first round. I was going to throw it into the club, but I spent it all betting on Roddick. Ah, well. Maybe next time.

But in the long run backing 8/13 prices at 10/1 would see you easily in profit. It was only 2 days later he was backed into 8/13 from 4/5 which was more his perceived price.

While i am here.

£100 double on Henin (2/1) & Djokovic (7/1) to win there events. Potential returns £2400.

Oh dear. I really hope you're joking with all these. If that is the case then given your knack of picking losers then you should have made a bit on betting against your 'tips'...

I won't be on suicidal watch, i don't bet what i can't afford to lose.

My theory about the price was proved to be correct as best price pre match was around 8/13, when i took 4/5 a couple of days. It was too big, carry on taking the value and you will end up in a profit.

Unlucky with the game itself as Roddick struggled through injury "as Roddick struggled to cope with a shoulder problem"

Its not over yet within this thread im around £1050 down, so i still have £950 left to recoup the losses and show a profit.

Rodney we are going to be Millionaires

Ha, I like how Mr Patel probably got off better in the tournament from betting on the bleeding obvious in the final than Pizza and all his expertise did in the final.

How much did you lose in the end? Or let us guess...you made a profit right?

Ha, I like how Mr Patel probably got off better in the tournament from betting on the bleeding obvious in the final than Pizza and all his expertise did in the final.

How much did you lose in the end? Or let us guess...you made a profit right?

The whole process was messed up by me being placed on mod preview. Don't worry i'll be back for the french. If you want a good bet, get on the Redwings for Sir Stanley, they'll make the play-offs, and be shorter just before them. Might not win it, but nice to have a free bet on them due to the trade.

The whole process was messed up by me being placed on mod preview. Don't worry i'll be back for the french. If you want a good bet, get on the Redwings for Sir Stanley, they'll make the play-offs, and be shorter just before them. Might not win it, but nice to have a free bet on them due to the trade.

How does being on mod preview affect your betting? All it does is affect your ability to post your "tips" which most sensible ignore. I'm amazed that a man who supposedly has time to waste by going to Stockport to check on the pitch status in the middle of a Monday can afford to bet- nevermind loose- the money who claim to have betted.

Plus if I remember rightly the last time you posted an Ice Hockey tip it turned out the be naff and JSS (who knows a bit about the game) was one of the first to call you on it. If he has a tip for the Stanley Cup I might listen you I would ignore, although I'm aware that the Redwings are a little bit like the Yankees of NHL.

• 4 months later...