Pizza's Oz Open Official Betting Thread

Blue_Pizza

Not yet

Is the Australian Open over yet?

No but it is strange how you're showing off about how many have won when overall you're down.

It's like if Colchester were to brag about how they had more shots than Norwich did on Saturday. Little insignificant 'victories', but still getting hammered.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i backed Baltacha at 9/2 and also had this 12fold come up. Anyone want a screenshot feel free to PM me for my msn.

I would have posted them all on here, but unfortunatley i was on mod preview ....

1 Feliciano Lopez @ 2/5 WON

2 Ivo Karlovic @ 8/15 WON

3 Justine Henin @ 1/1 WON

4 John Isner @ 1/9 WON

5 Andy Roddick @ 1/20 WON

6 Fernando Gonzalez @ 1/50 WON

7 Andrew Murray @ 1/100 WON

8 Shahar Peer @ 1/9 WON

9 Dinara Safina @ 1/12 WON

10 Marin Cilic @ 1/10 WON

11 Daniela Hantuchova @ 1/10 WON

12 Marion Bartoli @ 1/20 WON

Backing Baltacha seems to be the most sensible decision you have made (although coming second is not putting any money on Sharapova which sums it up really). Having said that she was playing a Bondarenko and they are weirdly notoriously flaky and seem to be ranked so high because of the disproportionate number of clay court games in a season.

Are you making a profit yet?

I would have posted them all on here, but unfortunatley i was on mod preview ....

You wouldn't have known.

It wouldn't stop you from posting either, plus although you can't see a post in preview - the mods can, it would've been approved as soon as one of the team had reviewed it - still with the time it was posted. So it would've still been valid; it seems strange then that a winning 12-fold wasn't declared until after the results came in.

Everything points to you not making a massive song and dance in order to tell us about some "quality" tip you've got your hands on, this contradicts your messageboard persona.

Well i backed Baltacha at 9/2 and also had this 12fold come up. Anyone want a screenshot feel free to PM me for my msn.

1 Feliciano Lopez @ 2/5 WON

2 Ivo Karlovic @ 8/15 WON

3 Justine Henin @ 1/1 WON

4 John Isner @ 1/9 WON

5 Andy Roddick @ 1/20 WON

6 Fernando Gonzalez @ 1/50 WON

7 Andrew Murray @ 1/100 WON

8 Shahar Peer @ 1/9 WON

9 Dinara Safina @ 1/12 WON

10 Marin Cilic @ 1/10 WON

11 Daniela Hantuchova @ 1/10 WON

12 Marion Bartoli @ 1/20 WON

Sure. Thanks, Derren.

26 January 10

00:00 Andy Roddick vs Marin Cilic

£750 Andy Roddick (To Win Match) @ 1.80

Boylesports.

Just wow! Expected nothing more than 1.4!

Oh dear- FAIL. If you are to be believed that's £750 down the drain, its going to be hard to recoup a loss like that even for an "expert" such as yourself. Oh and can I ask was anyone else cheering for Cilic because of this bold prediction?

Oh dear- FAIL. If you are to be believed that's £750 down the drain, its going to be hard to recoup a loss like that even for an "expert" such as yourself. Oh and can I ask was anyone else cheering for Cilic because of this bold prediction?

He's like a one man advert against:

(a) Gambling;

(b ) Trying to big yourself up under a pseudonym on the internet.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

I won't be on suicidal watch, i don't bet what i can't afford to lose.

My theory about the price was proved to be correct as best price pre match was around 8/13, when i took 4/5 a couple of days. It was too big, carry on taking the value and you will end up in a profit.

Unlucky with the game itself as Roddick struggled through injury "as Roddick struggled to cope with a shoulder problem"

Its not over yet within this thread im around £1050 down, so i still have £950 left to recoup the losses and show a profit.

I won't be on suicidal watch, i don't bet what i can't afford to lose.

My theory about the price was proved to be correct as best price pre match was around 8/13, when i took 4/5 a couple of days. It was too big, carry on taking the value and you will end up in a profit.

Unlucky with the game itself as Roddick struggled through injury "as Roddick struggled to cope with a shoulder problem"

Its not over yet within this thread im around £1050 down, so i still have £950 left to recoup the losses and show a profit.

Bloody hell, good luck with that, but please excuse me if I don't follow you in.

Regarding value or perceived value in prices, its a very subjective thing, what you see as a good price I might see as a bad price depending on your judgement of the match.

I understand what you are saying regarding Roddick if 5 bookmakers are 8/13 and one bookmaker is 4/5 then you can say he is overpriced with that bookmaker, however its all down to judgement, you have to call the result right in the first place to realise that value, he could have been 10/1 but you will still win the same amount -£750.

But in the long run backing 8/13 prices at 10/1 would see you easily in profit. It was only 2 days later he was backed into 8/13 from 4/5 which was more his perceived price.

While i am here.

£100 double on Henin (2/1) & Djokovic (7/1) to win there events. Potential returns £2400.

But in the long run backing 8/13 prices at 10/1 would see you easily in profit. It was only 2 days later he was backed into 8/13 from 4/5 which was more his perceived price.

I was only using 10/1 as an obviously greatly exagerated example to make the point, clearly backing 8/13 shots at 10/1 would be profitable in the long run.

I like a bet on the horses, greyhounds, football etc so I understand were you are coming from with your bets.

The one thing that never ceases to amaze me with some punters is there unwillingness to take odds on, a horse being 4/5 would never ever put me off backing it if I thought it was going to win.

As professional punter and part owner of Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Denman, Harry Findlay once said about odds on betting, if Denman was 4/5 in a novice chase would you not think that the 4/5 was a good price?

The one thing that never ceases to amaze me with some punters is there unwillingness to take odds on, a horse being 4/5 would never ever put me off backing it if I thought it was going to win.

Totally agree if you are confident in your assessment of the horse's form and that odds on is merited.

I'm only an occasional gambler, usually on course the one or two times a year I go. I can kind of understand the form guides and so on, but I'm no expert. So at any meeting of say 8 races I'll tend to go for 2nd or 3rd favourites at no shorter than around 5/2 on the basis that a couple of lucky wins on the day will see me straight or slightly up. Over the years I'd say that has panned out quite reasonably.