Still in search for a striker

Just seen on SSN that warren feeney is available on loan from cardiff.....Worth a punt?

I must admit i'm not upto speed on his recent form but he used to be a reasonable player.

Heard he is going to Stockport if no one signs him on a new deal.

I believe so when his current Cardiff manager was boss. Still a good player at this level, we need someone badly Heffernan, would be good but he is prone to injuries and never appears to have played a lot of consecutive games which would worry me at this stage of the season

Edited by penrhyn

Whats really the difference in getting a player in on loan or a permanent signing until the end of the season?

Not much.

I don't care how they come to Latics (apart from prison) or what team they come from, they can come from the same team if they like, they also don't have to have played for Oldham before.

So long as they are an improvement on what we already have or will be in the future then I am very happy with that.

So it looks like another game will come and go and still no sign of an incoming striker. I think we've established that only pav knows where the net is and so its imperative that we remedy this debacle ASAP!

Irons in the fire? ..........They need taking out!

If we need a striker, TTA need to drop 100k at the door of cash strapped Notts County and get our top goal scorer back.

I don't think they'd need to, If i hadn't been paid up for a few weeks and were prepared to ask my previous club if their former offer was still on the table then TTA could well save 100K :curtains: **

** Not suggesting in the slightest that this may happen.!

Edited by futchers briefs

Sod the striker... were almost back on track there, defence is pretty solid too.

Lets get a grip in midfield please. Someone with a bit of bite, not afraid to tackle and can think about "where" to place the bloody ball - get it out to the wingers for chuffs sake and lets get some crosses in. We are more dangerous getting those crosses in and lets face it - more likely to score as we have no-one outside the box who even is brave enough to have a pop these days.

Can we get Nicky henry and Mike Milligan back in the squad???........

I am desperate to see someone with a bit of passion to fight for that spherical object........ :ranting:

Midfield?

On top of:

Stephens

:censored:

Goodwin

Furman

Whittaker

Taylor

Holdsworth

Worthington

Colbeck

Parker

Smalley

Lee

Purdie

All on the wage bill.....................

Rowney & Steer would be worth a go. Take your point about passion but what chance on the field with Penney in charge?