Doubt it.

Still a long way to go in the season yet. I'm not a fan of teams chopping and changing managers, I know most fans are huge advocates of it, keeps things interesting. But I prefer to stick with one guy and back them through the good and the bad. How long did it take Royle to taste success with us?

Penney in. : )

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

Get Gannon and Peter Ward IN

Gannon might be a moody and stubborn guy but he demands respect from his players, 100% effort every week and DOES play attacking football as was shown at county when we lost 3-1 last season.

He will have more money wages wise to work with here than county and can no doubt ship a few people out. He gets young playes to play and likes energy.

I am a penney in guy and hate the constant chopping and changing but TTA appointed him and it clearly just isnt working. I think the players here arent the 21st worst bunch in the league, they need someone to believe in them and give them licence to get about the pitch and attack the opposition.

If the rumours of Gannon being in the box on wednesday are true then I think a defeat against brentford, 4 points adrift and DP is gone.

Get Gannon and Peter Ward IN

Gannon might be a moody and stubborn guy but he demands respect from his players, 100% effort every week and DOES play attacking football as was shown at county when we lost 3-1 last season.

He will have more money wages wise to work with here than county and can no doubt ship a few people out. He gets young playes to play and likes energy.

I am a penney in guy and hate the constant chopping and changing but TTA appointed him and it clearly just isnt working. I think the players here arent the 21st worst bunch in the league, they need someone to believe in them and give them licence to get about the pitch and attack the opposition.

If the rumours of Gannon being in the box on wednesday are true then I think a defeat against brentford, 4 points adrift and DP is gone.

Its no rumor Gannon was here wednesday as was Ritchie - TTA are already sounding our replacements me thinks

Our main problem is that we dont set out to win games. Today we played a lot better in the first half, but there was no real attempt in the second half to get at them especially after they scored. I have never seen such negative tactics on such a regular basis. Anyone else would almost certainly set us up to play more attaccking football

I think its a 'confidence' thing with the players. Nobody seems to know what to do when they gat the ball. If it isn't a confidence problem then its a case of there not being enough quality in the side. Can't understand why managers are so reluctant to make substitutions though!!! We have two young strikers on the bench who are scoring regularly in the reserves and the youth team. He brings one on with 15 minutes to go and the other one with 5 minutes to go and expects them to make an impact. They should both have been on for the last 30 minutes. We never looked like scoring in the second half. Parker was totally ineffective, Abbott and Taylor don't look fit so why not change things earlier when we are already behind? What is there to lose? Take a chance Penney it might just save your job!!!! :ranting:

Because I need to convinced, and with a good enough argument I just might be, that sacking Penny and bringing an as yet unamed replecement will solve the problems we obviously have.

How about

- Average attendance so far of 5086, the lowest since 2000-2001 average of 4972

- In the relegation zone

- A record of W2 D4 L9 from the last 15 games.

Bringing in a replacement may not solve these problems but Penney has to be held responsible for much of the shambles we have seen on the field. Simon Corney stated in the MEN last night that the budget is in fact HIGHER than last season if you include what we have spent on players. Penney should have easilly been able to assemble a team more than capable of staying out of trouble.

Our main problem is that we dont set out to win games. Today we played a lot better in the first half, but there was no real attempt in the second half to get at them especially after they scored. I have never seen such negative tactics on such a regular basis. Anyone else would almost certainly set us up to play more attaccking football

Thats the point. Are we playing a) rubbish B) just with totally negative tactics or c) both.

Edited by Witty

Bringing in a replacement may not solve these problems but Penney has to be held responsible for much of the shambles we have seen on the field

Exactly my point. Would we not just end up having to make a pay off and still be in the same position.

OR could we get somebody in who would make the difference short term? I think we may find out.

TTA don't really mess around when sacking managers.

I reckon it's 50/50 on him making Monday.

If he manages to stay, anything other than win against Brentford'll do him.

They thought they made a mistake sacking Moore too soon.

That is the only thing that makes me think DP will be manager on Monday.

Because I need to convinced, and with a good enough argument I just might be, that sacking Penny and bringing an as yet unamed replecement will solve the problems we obviously have.

Mate, take your common sense and get out of here, it's not welcome. It stands out like the ugly ginger bint in Girls Aloud.