• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

250k on killen

200k on clint hill

10k for wayne andrews

The likes of Wijnhard and Matty Appleby and Dean Holden on a :censored: ing mint

Just out of curiosity did you hate him so much when we where playing QPR in the play-offs? or did your anger for him come when he left and we couldnt find a replacement to match him?

Just out of curiosity did you hate him so much when we where playing QPR in the play-offs? or did your anger for him come when he left and we couldnt find a replacement to match him?

???? I never said I hated him?

It was stated that he didnt have much money, so I ran off some of his signings off the top of my head.

so by your thinking we should only have 11 players on the wage bill that show effort and comitment?

No, that's you putting words in my mouth. You simply won't get 11 players on a wage bill like that no matter how much you want it. If you did, you'd have 11 Gregans. If you can find that, you'll be spending a :censored:load of money for them which we haven't got. I'd ask what Penneys starting XI would've been...answer is Brill, Gregan, Hazell, Holdsworth, JJ, Taylor, Worthington, :censored: (ok, came on loan after season started), Purdie, Abbott, Parker. Out of that, 3 (4 if ya included JJ for a bit) have been out most of the season, 2 more key players have been out after a run of us winning. Parker...he's just a useless waste of skin!

The rest in that XI are running through brick walls....and being held back by testicle-less players like Furman, Parker, Whits, Smalley etc when being called upon to fill in. We've no cover coz TTA have emptied the pot and told DP to live with it. Only recently, we've had Heffernan in and Timar in but few games to play them in. we need more of that type of player in the side....and farm out the others on loan. Furman can go plough a field in Botswana for all I care. Really annoyed at his performance yesterday....along with Parkers! If DP starts either next Sat (if he's still here) and leaves :censored: on the bench for 90, I'll be gravely concerned. Unless of course, we get the right result.

Edited by boundaryblue80

???? I never said I hated him?

It was stated that he didnt have much money, so I ran off some of his signings off the top of my head.

ok the word hate never came up, but you did say you'd never want to see that prick anywhere near latics again! I sorry, I mistook that for a dis-liking, in hindsight I guess you could have just been expressing your love towards him!

thats pretty irrelevant the facts are still that he had money to spend. more money than a latics manager has had to spend probably since royle*

*thats a guess

ok the word hate never came up, but you did say you'd never want to see that prick anywhere near latics again! I sorry, I mistook that for a dis-liking, in hindsight I guess you could have just been expressing your love towards him!

Wasnt me who said that, think you need to recheck who posted it.

Not happening and wouldnt want the backstabbing arrogant prick anywhere near here again!! You forgot he tried to sue the owners for outstanding wages of 100k dating back to the Moore era??

He soon dropped his case when he realised his beef lay with Moore and had nothing to do with the TTA

Everywhere he has been he has had money and been sacked for various reasons, left Palace having verbally told Jordan he was only leaving to go back north then a week later joins Charlton!!

Self righteous tw*t

ahmmm *clears throat*

You mean this?

mastap, as I've posted on another thread, anyone suggesting Dowie can forget it.

I can't see how he'd ever feel the need to drop to League One again, and besides, he well and truly burnt his bridges when (and after) he left last time. TTA are on record as saying he would never be welcome back while they remain owners.

And apart from all that, all he has done since his relative success with us in his first management role is turn out very ordinary teams and then fall out with his chairman - and in the process had it proved more than once that he is not a man of his word.

Wasnt me who said that, think you need to recheck who posted it.

You mean this?

yeah sorry, wasnt paying attention, nievely assumed same person had replied to me! Anyways, jus sayin my thoughts are that dowie would be a good manager, and remember he also brought it bargains like fitz!

I'm off now anyways, got a press conference to get up for tomorrow haha!

No, that's you putting words in my mouth. You simply won't get 11 players on a wage bill like that no matter how much you want it. If you did, you'd have 11 Gregans. If you can find that, you'll be spending a :censored:load of money for them which we haven't got. I'd ask what Penneys starting XI would've been...answer is Brill, Gregan, Hazell, Holdsworth, JJ, Taylor, Worthington, :censored: (ok, came on loan after season started), Purdie, Abbott, Parker. Out of that, 3 (4 if ya included JJ for a bit) have been out most of the season, 2 more key players have been out after a run of us winning. Parker...he's just a useless waste of skin!

The rest in that XI are running through brick walls....and being held back by testicle-less players like Furman, Parker, Whits, Smalley etc when being called upon to fill in. We've no cover coz TTA have emptied the pot and told DP to live with it. Only recently, we've had Heffernan in and Timar in but few games to play them in. we need more of that type of player in the side....and farm out the others on loan. Furman can go plough a field in Botswana for all I care. Really annoyed at his performance yesterday....along with Parkers! If DP starts either next Sat (if he's still here) and leaves :censored: on the bench for 90, I'll be gravely concerned. Unless of course, we get the right result.

agree :censored: should definatly start ahead of furman. and ye i agree theres a type of player like worthington or :censored: that will run through brick walls but thats not the only way to show passion and commitment. chasing every ball lost cause or not sprintin back 50 yards to try an win the ball back bustin a gut to get on the end of a cross or a through ball. a good manager can get that out of a team and get the players wanting to play and earning there shirt

Tell you what, I wasn't a big fan of Wayno, but give me a manager who could bring a player like that for £10k, and I'll happily climb aboard the Penney Out bandwagon.

Whilst I am a fan of Dowie, bringing in Fitz and Wayno on the cheap was hardly outstanding management, bearing in mind his brother was manager of Chesham at the time and tipped him off about them.

compared to what Penney has brought in? come on eh!

its a scouting issue, not a management one!

i thought Bob Dowie was a scout and not Chesham's manager?

compared to what Penney has brought in? come on eh!

its a scouting issue, not a management one!

i thought Bob Dowie was a scout and not Chesham's manager?

It's not a scouting issue, his brother was manager and told Dowie about them. Surely even the most ardent DP-outer can't hold the fact that he hasn't got a brother managing a crappy non-league team with a couple of gems in their ranks against him?!