Good news from within the club

"Oldham Athletic are at the heart of the local community"

Is it really ? 3,500 attendance to show for it... Is it worth it ?

the club does a lot of good work and we all know it

can we stop trying to bury it in every thread..its not needed

the club does a lot of good work and we all know it

can we stop trying to bury it in every thread..its not needed

Questions like ... How much do these community activities cost and are the showing a return of interest in the club are pretty valid...

A opened ended statement aimed at all league clubs is hardly a great return on the time and money invested I would suggest. The whole club needs a rethink...

Sorry if you think I am trying to "bury" the club. Was not my aim.

Questions like ... How much do these community activities cost and are the showing a return of interest in the club are pretty valid...

A opened ended statement aimed at all league clubs is hardly a great return on the time and money invested I would suggest. The whole club needs a rethink...

Damn that club, working with schools and children in the town.

"Oldham Athletic are at the heart of the local community"

Is it really ? 3,500 attendance to show for it... Is it worth it ?

Its a start the Oldham Community Trust bring poeple to EVERY game that would have never stepped foot in the ground on match days otherwise

£0.01 paid by the club... by the figure I mean minimal, Colin Moore who is the Oldham Community Trust Manager works tiredlessly with others to approve grants, loans and other funding to pay for EVERYTHING. OCT has employed staff of it own and is managed seperately to the club

That wasn't what I was getting at. I was questioning how much that kind gesture was really worth the return ? I am also prepared to accept that it is...

:wink:

I appolgise... I am being overly negative...

You ??? Never !! :grin:

Oldham Community Trust works with OAFC, Trust Oldham, PCT (Primary Care Trust) and other organisations to spread the latic word in the wider community for Health, sports and recreation..

OTC and Trust Oldham are currently looking at purchasing a NEW mini Bus after the last one was stolen and burnt out !

More to follow on that