"Project Runaway"

Without doubt their inability to create a success on the field will be replaced by upgrading the club off the field and then selling us and leaving with some sort of credibility. I'd rather the club be sold now so that a new owner may see a challenge and develop a different vision.

Without doubt their inability to create a success on the field will be replaced by upgrading the club off the field and then selling us and leaving with some sort of credibility. I'd rather the club be sold now so that a new owner may see a challenge and develop a different vision.

TTA have said that they will sell to anyone who will move the club forward and upwards. Granted their plans have not come to fruition as expected, but I don't think you can claim it is not from lack of trying. What I cannot understand is how some people can lambast them for running out of big money. What they could easily do is just give up and leave now, and that would recover far more money than any stadium plan ever will. THAT would be Project Runaway, this most certainly is not.

TTA have said that they will sell to anyone who will move the club forward and upwards. Granted their plans have not come to fruition as expected, but I don't think you can claim it is not from lack of trying. What I cannot understand is how some people can lambast them for running out of big money. What they could easily do is just give up and leave now, and that would recover far more money than any stadium plan ever will. THAT would be Project Runaway, this most certainly is not.

Here here!!

ACTIVELY looking to sell now or waiting till the failsworth move has been completed then actively trying?

in the meantime,we could be a very average 4th division club with 3,000 on the gate.

This keeps cropping up on here but it's just not gonna happen. The only chance is a "fan" invests big, as no businessman is going to bother investing money into something where you can pretty much guarantee you won't get your money back never mind make any profit!!

This keeps cropping up on here but it's just not gonna happen. The only chance is a "fan" invests big, as no businessman is going to bother investing money into something where you can pretty much guarantee you won't get your money back never mind make any profit!!

which club has ever shown a TRUE profit in the last 10 years?

you don't enter into being a football club owner for profit...

ACTIVELY looking to sell now or waiting till the failsworth move has been completed then actively trying?

in the meantime,we could be a very average 4th division club with 3,000 on the gate.

Obviously, just how active they are in looking is something that only they can answer, but we can presume a couple of things;

a. They do not want to shaft us, or they would have done so already

b. They don't want to just pour money down the drain, as it has been made abundantly clear that they are not going to leave BP having made anything out of their time here.

so...

c. Either there is a firm resolve and expectation that moving to Failsworth will make us able to stand on our own two feet, or as near as dammit.

or

d. They are trying darn hard to get someone in to add money to the club, and stop them needing to fund the club.

or.

e. Any mix of the two above.

And before anyone says about what level we will be self-suffiecient at, you only needed to see the enthusiasm in Alan Hardy's eyes at the consultation to realise that this is meant as a good thing for the club.

when i asked barry whether they were ACTIVELY seeking help with investment/seeking partners etc he said ..

"If you were to ask Simon B he would always tell you they would never turn anyone away with cash. However that party would need to show that they have something to offer and it was in the best interests of the club. The owners have ridden some difficult times at the club and will not just let fans down. It is sad that people do not see the commitment they have. They are true fans and wholly committed. What successful business men would carry such loses if they had no interest in football and lets face it they are successful businessmen.

The owners don't activiely seek anyone to sell the club too. In life anything is for sale if people offer enough money."

to which i replied...

"you can't buy meat from the butchers if he doesn't have a stall."

in other words,though in theory it may be up for sale for the right price, to the right type of owner, they aren't ACTIVELY doing it... bit like saying my business at the moment is up for sale and i don't understand why no one has made me an offer..though i don't want to tell anyone its for sale and i've not advertised the fact.

As Corney said at the second Forum:

"£5m on land

£6m on club and interest

£3m on Lancaster Club land

Assume a new stadium costs £15m

Making around £30m - the latest offer for Boundary Park was a value of £18m two years ago about half that now at £9m.

I don’t ever see us taking money out of the club. The club doesn’t have a burden of debt. It’s all personal debt and that’s a pretty good safeguard to have .

Without making this a sob story - we are never going to get our money back. It’s bizarre how anyone can come up with figures to suggest we can make money.

The only way to break even would be to sell Boundary Park and go back to America. We stay because we like it.

If we wanted we could walk away, sell Boundary Park and there’s nothing could be done to stop us. And if we’re supposedly trying to make money from this why would we not do that now and walk away?"

Given all of the above-especially the expendiute already highlighted by Diego, the plans for the new stadium, the fact they could have bailed out a long time ago, the time invested so far we need another name.

PErhaps we should rename it as Project Exit In a Nice Orderly Fashion.

nope..

their debt says otherwise.

Manchester United were debt free pre Glaizer's and actually turned a profit of ovr £40M in the last financial year in their P&L account, Arsenal also recorded a profit in there P&L account last year after the move to The Emirates (but are still repaying the building loan on the stadium) and Tottenham did it continually under Alan Sugar's stewardship (although this may well have been over 10 years ago now I think about it).

Don't confuse debt with a business turning a profit. If a business is turning a profit a bank will usually still lend money to it as long as the debt can still be serviced, in the case of United and Liverpool they are getting close to the point where that is not the case!

in my eyes,making a profit to pay your debt isn't profit.

however much they paint it.

But just about every business has debt. The worlds economy is built on it.

And that is why the Government was is such a deep hole with the recession. There was no money to give to business to service the debt.

Otherwise those in difficultly would have gone under and the Recession would have been worse than th Great Depression, and literally 100,000's would have been chucked out of their home.

glad i don't have a single penny debt on my business then..and never have done.

yes we all have debt (eg mortgages) but to re-mortgage,re-mortgage,re-mortgage isn't doing anything but plunging into a darker abyss...it catches up in the end.

manu are not even making enough to pay off their interest on their debt each year...even when they won champs league 2008.

so..is that a profit making company ?

yes we all have debt (eg mortgages) but to re-mortgage,re-mortgage,re-mortgage isn't doing anything but plunging into a darker abyss...it catches up in the end.

manu are not even making enough to pay off their interest on their debt each year...even when they won champs league 2008.

I ahve to ask JP, I am not cricising you, or being nosy.

a) you are rare

B) did you buy every single record after you set up the business or did start usig the ones you already had?

Edited by singe

As long as they have enough money to pay the debt repayments, then yes.

The difficulty in their case is if the payments go up

At the moment they willb e OK, but as the economy gets better, and interest rates go uo they will struggle.

And if Sky donlt pay as much next time, then they are in deep stuff.

and if it were now, the Glazers would not be able to buy them. Simple as. That time will return, when the memory of this receession fades, but I would gues it will be 10 years before banks give out money so easily. and it should be never.

Edited by singe

I ahve to ask JP, I am not cricising you

a) you are rare

B) did you buy every single record after you set up the business or did start usig the ones you already had?

lol...i was in debt when buying my first ever bit of stock...but it was recovered within weeks(?).. definitely not more than 4 weeks.

used ebay to get a stepping stone,then invested on the website from my own money saved.

i have built it up purely on re-investing profit to expand.

now i'm reaping more than investing.

year 3 into a 10 year plan-ahead already.

not bragging ,its all about forward thinking and a few sacrifices...its seen dead on its arse moments and i can't keep up moments,but in the end its all about keeping the big bad wolf away from the door.