Polls on new stadium

The new stadium:  

237 members have voted

1. 1. The new plans for the stadium

• Like the look
    • Don't like the look
    • I'd like some refinement
  2. 2. Overall, what do you think of the plans of the deveolpment as a whole.. so far

• Happy with the plans overall
    • Unhappy with the plans
    • Unsure, want to see more detail
  3. 3. Having seen the plans

• Always supported the move, and still support the move
    • Always supported the move, but now don't support the move now
    • Have you always opposed the move, and still oppose the move
    • Have you always opposed the move, but are more supportive/support the move now
    • Not previosuly commited about the move, and still need more detail to decide
  4. 4. Do you trust the TTA to deliver the plans?

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure/Maybe

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not from royton/shaw areas...

traditional latics supporting areas..

I don't consider myself a die hard fan. I've not owned a season ticket since I was a teenager and I've not seen more than half the games in a season since that time.

This has been for various financial and social reasons. I do love the club however and I've always tried to support it in any way I can, without blind faith.

That said, whilst living and working in Sale I used to get a Met, an 82/83 and then a 409 to get to Boundary Park... all from someone openly admitting of the fact that the club is not the most important thing in my life.

If these so called die hards (and I'm not talking about you JP, just those you reference) are not willing to make what is frankly a minuscule amount of effort to watch the club then at some point they'd have stopped coming anyway. If you lose them but retain/gain others by offering better facilities which in turn leads to a better on field product then you're in a stronger position.

i think i didn't fully explain myself there..

creatures of habit are the fans from royton and shaw.

never bused it to a home game.in the pub before the game,in after.

if they are moaning about the expense to get in NOW wait in 2+ years when its average £22+ to get in AND bus fares.

cost already up...those season tickets holders become every other game..

latics need to be thinking ahead here.:censored: football at the moment is turning off the regulars,never mind the drifters.

TTA need to start pro actively be on everyones side here...i hear corney wasn't there yesterday-well unless it was a family thing,i feel thats a real bad setting.

damage today means a bigger price if left for another day to repair.

not from royton/shaw areas...

traditional latics supporting areas..

But they are served by:

East dual carriage way links x 2

181 & 182, about every 20 mins

7 stops on the tram from Shaw and Crompton

It's 5 miels rather tan 2.5.

Though I grant you some will fall by the wayside, but we may pick up more from Ashton, for example

But they are served by:

East dual carriage way links x 2

181 & 182, about every 20 mins

7 stops on the tram from Shaw and Crompton

It's 5 miels rather tan 2.5.

Though I grant you some will fall by the wayside, but we may pick up more from Ashton, for example

some don't drive/prefer a beer and choose to be rat arsed before the game(can't blame em!)

explained re:extra cost to supporters on bus in above post.

some will take the hit,some won't.

i really hope though that the club doesn't have the same thought as your last quote though ....its far easier to lose a customer/fan than gain a new one.

Ackey

Less than scientific, but a good indicator.

If a newsagent will tell you, ask how many Chrons and how many Manc Evening News they sell

That should give an indication of what allegienace they feel.

Considering the M.E.N is given away for free in the centre of Manchester, I'd guess that this massively impacts on sales of it.

some don't drive/prefer a beer and choose to be rat arsed before the game(can't blame em!)

explained re:extra cost to supporters on bus in above post.

some will take the hit,some won't.

i really hope though that the club doesn't have the same thought as your last quote though ....its far easier to lose a customer/fan than gain a new one.

So do I , and defaintely true about losing and gaing fans, but it is just being realistic that some will decide not to come.

I just hope that is a very small number and your doddering 85 year that is fair enough rather and a mustard keen 17 year old giving up that easily,

Let's put it this way - the club is being realistic and showing ambition for the future by promoting a stadium that has the potential to increase capacity by +33%. Let's just hope that OLDHAM fans can fill it!

This is very positive news and I just don't understand why some fans don't see it this way nor do I understand why some fans think TTA lack ambition - they have invested a lot of money in this club and above all else they saved it from doom. We are definateley moving in the right direction. Change is good imo.

I had to..!

Obviosuly it is going to be interesting if the plans have gained support.

I know it is tricky to split support for the 12,00 no ends filled in, lets be honest well want the ends filled in.

So lets assume the TTA can get the finances for the ends to be filled in

Let's put it this way - the club is being realistic and showing ambition for the future by promoting a stadium that has the potential to increase capacity by +33%. Let's just hope that OLDHAM fans can fill it!

This is very positive news and I just don't understand why some fans don't see it this way nor do I understand why some fans think TTA lack ambition - they have invested a lot of money in this club and above all else they saved it from doom. We are definateley moving in the right direction. Change is good imo.

100% PPB, The good news, according to this poll, is that the vast majority of agree with you. I have thought this site was a focus for the intensly pessimistic, so even I am a little taken aback about how positive.

I think it's the best we could have hoped for and TTA should be applauded, it is certainly not a run of the mill stadium. We would all like to have the corners filled in but realistically we have to put a football team out on the pitch that is capable of championship football in order to progress further.

If we can get a successful side playing decent football in the division above then that for me will be success.......it may take 2,3,5 years, or even longer to achieve but if we can make steady progress on the field and build the fan base at least we know we have the potential to expand and unless we were to get in the premiership 16,000 will be more than enough.

If we can't get a team to deliver then non of the rest will really matter!!!!

i think i didn't fully explain myself there..

creatures of habit are the fans from royton and shaw.

never bused it to a home game.in the pub before the game,in after.

if they are moaning about the expense to get in NOW wait in 2+ years when its average £22+ to get in AND bus fares.

cost already up...those season tickets holders become every other game..

latics need to be thinking ahead here.:censored: football at the moment is turning off the regulars,never mind the drifters.

TTA need to start pro actively be on everyones side here...i hear corney wasn't there yesterday-well unless it was a family thing,i feel thats a real bad setting.

damage today means a bigger price if left for another day to repair.

So, all these other sites within oldham would have been out for these people too ? Can't really walk to Park Rd, Coal pit la, Hollinwood gasometer etc etc from royton or shaw can they?

Basically they will be fans as long as it's on the doorstep?

So, all these other sites within oldham would have been out for these people too ? Can't really walk to Park Rd, Coal pit la, Hollinwood gasometer etc etc from royton or shaw can they?

Basically they will be fans as long as it's on the doorstep?

i don't know?...ask em in the pubs of royton yourself next week.

I had to..!

Obviosuly it is going to be interesting if the plans have gained support.

I know it is tricky to split support for the 12,00 no ends filled in, lets be honest well want the ends filled in.

So lets assume the TTA can get the finances for the ends to be filled in

One thing that came across from Ian Hill last night was the striking honesty and openness (if that is a word) of everyone at Latics. Not sure why this isn't immediately visible to us, the public but it is surely our biggest asset as a football club. For what its worth I like them.

SUN BEAM...you thought what you want to think...

troll on.

"you thought what you want to think" - I said I think a lot of them have cars - Hey, if me wanting them to have cars is a bad/incorrect/inaccurate thing, they blimey I'm a bad 'un. But I bet I'm right.

The truth is YOU said what YOU want them to be thinking. Turning it back on me doesn't work. Now, you're not really adding to the debate with nonsense arguments that don't follow, and silly little names (sun-beam - jeez that cuts so deep). Cut out the personal and try to make a valid point on what I've said or just leave it out.

"you thought what you want to think" - I said I think a lot of them have cars - Hey, if me wanting them to have cars is a bad/incorrect/inaccurate thing, they blimey I'm a bad 'un. But I bet I'm right.

The truth is YOU said what YOU want them to be thinking. Turning it back on me doesn't work. Now, you're not really adding to the debate with nonsense arguments that don't follow, and silly little names (sun-beam - jeez that cuts so deep). Cut out the personal and try to make a valid point on what I've said or just leave it out.

yawn.