Perfect Partner

Jacobson and taylor dont even compare to taylor and jones/bertrand, He needs to help him out.

Same goes for smalley and goodwin vs eardley.

Its our two full backs that are defensive, maybe this is penney or are they not confident enough?

too defensive?! jacobson played well today i thought and he was overlapping and actually crossed the ball unlike smalley/taylor. take on the fullback and cross or win a corner. our fullbacks were solid for me and linked with the rest of the team

taylor should have been helping jacobson out more like, everytime jacobson had the ball, taylor went hiding in central midfield, leavin him to beat 2 or 3 players on his own

he must have been goven a 'free role' becuase everytime jacobson got into an attacking position, he went into central mid and got lost.

Completely got the wrong idea about this thread. My answer was going to be 'Nymphomaniac Megan Fox lookalike football fan that lived in a pub and liked snowboarding and bumfun'. But since i was mislead I'll settle with Price looks good.

I thought Jacobson and Goodwin supported the wingers well. Fair enough, they weren't overlapping every single time we got the ball out wide, but there were still numerous occasions when they were there as an outlet.

Yeah, me too. I thought they got forward quite well, and far more crosses went into the back than usual. Think the problem today was not enough shots at goal. We never really made the keeper work a bit.

I thought Jacobson and Goodwin supported the wingers well. Fair enough, they weren't overlapping every single time we got the ball out wide, but there were still numerous occasions when they were there as an outlet.

It's all about opinions, but how anyone can question Jacobson's performance is beyond me. I thought he did very well, and puts in some great balls from deeper positions.

Jacobson and taylor dont even compare to taylor and jones/bertrand, He needs to help him out.

Same goes for smalley and goodwin vs eardley.

Its our two full backs that are defensive, maybe this is penney or are they not confident enough?

I can agree with this.

Anyway, I thought you were a fully paid-up member of MCFC these days ?

It's all about opinions, but how anyone can question Jacobson's performance is beyond me. I thought he did very well, and puts in some great balls from deeper positions.

Jacobsen looks alright, but i would like him to attack more and stop lookin for the long ball forward, ano we have 2 big target men, but its annoying how often he looks for it long rather then short pass & move

Jacobsen looks alright, but i would like him to attack more and stop lookin for the long ball forward, ano we have 2 big target men, but its annoying how often he looks for it long rather then short pass & move

I think that could be said of more than just Jacobsen.

Too often, when jacobsen got to the halfway line with the ball, taylor was simply sat inside between JJ and the central mids, and often blocked out by the opposition players. It cried out for Tayls to make a run, but he rarely (never) did and jacobsen was left with a short sideways pass or a long ball into the box as his options. Overlapping never was an option due to the way Tayls cut inside.

Too often, when jacobsen got to the halfway line with the ball, taylor was simply sat inside between JJ and the central mids, and often blocked out by the opposition players. It cried out for Tayls to make a run, but he rarely (never) did and jacobsen was left with a short sideways pass or a long ball into the box as his options. Overlapping never was an option due to the way Tayls cut inside.

Yeh. Taylor was almost playing CAM or CF at times.

.. It cried out for Tayls to make a run, but he rarely (never) did and jacobsen was left with a short sideways pass or a long ball into the box as his options. Overlapping never was an option due to the way Tayls cut inside.

Taylor has lost his confidence to pass the full-back on the left-hand side.

Taylor has lost his confidence to pass the full-back on the left-hand side.

Agreed. Couple of occassions in the second half when he seemed to have got a pace on the defender and a chance to whip the ball back across goal from the touchline he turned back and laid it to Jacobson to put crosses in.

However, he got better throughout the game and I thought 2nd half was the best I've seen him this year.

As for not taking our chances. OK we only scored one goal, however we had chances that we did not take and looked likely to score. Before Price came I couldn't see us scoring if we played all week.

Hope we can keep him for the rest of the season - if we do, I believe we'll have no bother staying up.