Do you agree with the "team unchanged" theme?

I wouldn’t change it tomorrow. Smalley was part of the side that played very well last week and won 2 out of the last 3. I know he’s short of form but he’s not playing in front of all our vultures tomorrow.

To throw Colbeck in now and to see us lose would only likely make Colbeck a possible scapegoat for it amongst the fans.

He can always be brought on should it not be working with Smalley on the right.

I wouldnt change it tomorrow. Smalley was part of the side that played very well last week and won 2 out of the last 3. I know hes short of form but hes not playing in front of all our vultures tomorrow.

To throw Colbeck in now and to see us lose would only likely make Colbeck a possible scapegoat for it amongst the fans.

He can always be brought on should it not be working with Smalley on the right.

You're probably right to be honest.

Personally I'd play neither. I like Colbeck but given the assumed state of the pitch I'd rather have an extra scrapper in the middle of the park, it's not really going to be a game suited for running at people.

Yeah that pitch is awful, maybe time to bring :censored: back?

I like to see an unchanged team as having a settled team is vital, however i would be ever so tempted to drop smalley and replace him with colbeck.

+1 i think colbeck should be given a chance. smalley will drop lower in confidence with us playing the top three teams in three games.

given the state of the pitch, possibly :censored: should come in/on for stephens. stephens has been playing really well and it wouldnt be a deserved rest but he prefers to pass the ball properly and it wouldnt be very possible on a bad pitch.

I'd prefer Colbeck (as I said above) but wouldn't cry if Smalley kept his place — if it boosts his confidence getting a run then fair enough.

I think dropping him solely because we're playing three top teams would be a mistake — being dropped as not good enough would surely destroy his confidence more than playing against them and not winning.

Edited by Crusoe

I'd prefer Colbeck (as I said above) but wouldn't cry if Smalley kept his place — if it boosts his confidence getting a run then fair enough.

I think dropping him solely because we're playing three top teams would be a mistake — being dropped as not good enough would surely destroy his confidence more than playing against them and not winning.

isn't Smalley's confidence already shattered? - why did Penny allegedly pay 60k for a winger who appears to have had a clause written into his contract saying "Sorry, but you shall not play if Smalley is fit regardless of his form, attitude or application". This attitude smacks of an absolute waste of money when priorities did lay elswhere, - central defensive cover and a STRIKER.

I have no idea what Smalley's confidence is like - was just responding to the post above that suggested he should be dropped so as not to lose confidence in the three games against top teams (my view is that dropping him would hurt his confidence even more, since it would just be saying he's not good enough).

That said, I agree with the substance of what you're saying - I'd rather see Colbeck play, get a decent run, develop into the player we hope he can be, and justify his fee.