Post Game Thread: Norwich City

Played well today and bossed the game for the majority of it, but another loss and another blank.

We created very few clear cut chances when you consider how much of the ball we had.

I know everyone said we expect 0 points from these 3 games but we couldn't of asked to play these 3 at a better time Leeds 1 win in 8, Colchester were poor and we should of won the game if we had a forward who could score, and Norwich have been playing very poor aswell over the last month and required late goals to get results and I thought apart from Holt they were as :censored: as us.

Still I expect our lack of goals and negative tactics for the 1st 25 games or so to be very costly come the end of the season.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Played well today and bossed the game for the majority of it, but another loss and another blank.

We created very few clear cut chances when you consider how much of the ball we had.

I know everyone said we expect 0 points from these 3 games but we couldn't of asked to play these 3 at a better time Leeds 1 win in 8, Colchester were poor and we should of won the game if we had a forward who could score, and Norwich have been playing very poor aswell over the last month and required late goals to get results and I thought apart from Holt they were as :censored: as us.

Still I expect our lack of goals and negative tactics for the 1st 25 games or so to be very costly come the end of the season.

Bossed the game?. Jesus what game did you watch??

We are a friggen shambles and our club has cancer.

Don't assume goals will be easier to come by at BP against team from the bottom half of the table, they will defend in numbers and look for a breakaway goal - or a Latics mistake leading to a goal.

The big problem is the lack of creativity from the wide men, IMO it's time to scrap that non productive failing system, but I doubt if the manager will, he seems blinkered to it.

Pretty much spent the last half an hour in their half of the pitch. Their to centre mids were crap unfortunatly we don't have the players to create clear cut chances Stephens apart, or anyone who can take a half chance.

But we have known this all season but our leader has continually failed to solve the problem.

It was all us 2nd half, their goal came when Pav tried a flick to Tayls which didn't come off and they broke at us.

I was quite heartened by the performance today, except for Furman only wanting to pass to his best mate Jacobsen who could only hoof the ball. The boy can tackle well but needs to carry the ball more.

Stephens now gets stuck in a lot more than he used to, shame he tired towards the end hence the couple of misplaced passes but at least he has the balls to try. If he stays in the team until the end of the season and gets a proper pre season with no injuries he will be some player.

Couldn't get why Price and Pav were going up for the same headers in the first half.

Kieran Lee played well and gave us a bit more guile and calmness on the ball.

Greegs was immense, Hazell did well too, Brill scares me to death, he doesnt move off his line.

Pav did ok against their 2 centre halves who were massive, Parker was the right type of striker to play against them but why he took a touch when through on goal i dont know, he should have hit it early.

Taylor seems to have poor fitness, hopefully he will come good.

NO WAY WE WILL GO DOWN!!!

Don't assume goals will be easier to come by at BP against team from the bottom half of the table, they will defend in numbers and look for a breakaway goal - or a Latics mistake leading to a goal.

The big problem is the lack of creativity from the wide men, IMO it's time to scrap that non productive failing system, but I doubt if the manager will, he seems blinkered to it.

This is sooo true.

Smalley is in a complete rut. Taylor is the only winger I've ever seen who can't or refuses to cross a ball. And Colbeck, whilst runs hard and gets stuck in, just isn't cutting it. He only had one opportunity to cross today, and failed miserably.

I can only assume that Simon Whaley was either a worse footy player than me, or that he'd been tapping up DP's Mrs. There can't surely be any other reason why we would turn away a half decent winger.....

This is sooo true.

Smalley is in a complete rut. Taylor is the only winger I've ever seen who can't or refuses to cross a ball. And Colbeck, whilst runs hard and gets stuck in, just isn't cutting it. He only had one opportunity to cross today, and failed miserably.

I can only assume that Simon Whaley was either a worse footy player than me, or that he'd been tapping up DP's Mrs. There can't surely be any other reason why we would turn away a half decent winger.....

It makes you wonder. The only other reason could of been financial and we would of had to get someone out before bringing him in, which will of been a tough job with the way some of them have performed this season. But then again I doubt he's on much at Chesterfield.

please inform us then of the game you watched then

more than matched them today,played some decent stuff every now and again,had a bit of bite in the tackle and didnt roll over and lay down for the league leaders,thought apart from there goal and the last attack they had they were pretty ordinary really...

we had 5 or 6 decent chances to score and we didnt take them,its as clear as the nose on pinnochios face we need a goal scorer,so wht the hell wont he get one in,keeps banging on about it but does feck all about it...had we had a decent scorer today we could of easily produced a shock and beat them.

only one moan,why the hell does taylor not stick to the wing and insist on coming inside...he is a winger not a central midfielder,useless lazy couldnt be arsed for the majority of the game,yet when he could be bothered he skinned em and crossed...sort your head out taylor or ask to be dropped,you showed no fight again

What annoyed me most today, was abbott trying fancy flicks and back heels, if he played a simple pass instead then we might have got a goal, instead of giving it away to norwich, and in result they scored from one of his 'fancy flicks'

His footballing brain is a division higher than the rest of the team.

The only player in our squad capable of cashing in on his skill is Abbott himself.

only one moan,why the hell does taylor not stick to the wing and insist on coming inside...he is a winger not a central midfielder,useless lazy couldnt be arsed for the majority of the game,yet when he could be bothered he skinned em and crossed...sort your head out taylor or ask to be dropped,you showed no fight again

First half he was playing in behind the front two - presumably at the instructions of DP. He was muscled off the ball every time. It was a shame, because there was a huge opportunity down their right side.

Seond half he was out wide. And played :censored:e.

Edited by opinions4u

please inform us then of the game you watched then

more than matched them today,played some decent stuff every now and again,had a bit of bite in the tackle and didnt roll over and lay down for the league leaders,thought apart from there goal and the last attack they had they were pretty ordinary really...

we had 5 or 6 decent chances to score and we didnt take them,its as clear as the nose on pinnochios face we need a goal scorer,so wht the hell wont he get one in,keeps banging on about it but does feck all about it...had we had a decent scorer today we could of easily produced a shock and beat them.

The main problems are Taylor and whoever plays on the right, until this lack of creativity is addressed goals will continue to be hard to come by - even against the poorer teams.

His footballing brain is a division higher than the rest of the team.http://www.owtb.co.uk/style_images/owtb09/folder_editor_images/rte-align-left.png

The only player in our squad capable of cashing in on his skill is Abbott himself.

It might be, but he kept trying fancy flicks and would have been better to play the simple ball, the flicks look good, but only use them when appropiate

It might be, but he kept trying fancy flicks and would have been better to play the simple ball, the flicks look good, but only use them when appropiate

90% of the flicks him and price did came off,and put us in a better position,its a shame the rest of the team cant read them and cash in,a decent striker like hughes would thrive playing off those two...when we did play a simple pass we cocked it up,like trying to walk it in the net instead of cracking it.

There's not a lot wrong with us at the moment. Seriously, don't need the smelling salts, but we more than matched them, bossed the middle and just got caught with a sucker punch.

Central defenders are pretty solid.

Central midfielders look strong and take hold of games

Front two can put it away usually when a chance falls to them.

The issue is out wide. No immediate threat on the flanks, no pace and not enough crosses coming in from them. More quality there and we'll be alright.

Nail on head!!!!

Discussing the match with mates on the way back to the car park, I happened to mention something about our ineffective wide play along the lines of "Taylor doesn't seem bothered and Colbeck is absolutely f##kin useless". A well-respected former Latics player from the early 2000's (who shall remain nameless) tapped me on the shoulder and with a wry grin said "you're not wrong mate".

I might be mistaken, but didn't Norwich have a left footed player looking rather effective on the right flank?

Taylor used to look effective on the left, however i think he should be switched to right mid for a game or two to see how he performs

Discussing the match with mates on the way back to the car park, I happened to mention something about our ineffective wide play along the lines of "Taylor doesn't seem bothered and Colbeck is absolutely f##kin useless". A well-respected former Latics player from the early 2000's (who shall remain nameless) tapped me on the shoulder and with a wry grin said "you're not wrong mate".

Oh FFS, you can't dangle that and not let on!!!! (something my missus says often, but that's another story...)

Come on man, give us a clue!!!

Alec, if that is your real name. This is the internet calling. This is called the match thread and we all post in it. What we don't do is create a thousand threads all aimed at the same topic, for the same community.

what do you mean creat a thousand threads about the same topic , would that be the topic about mr bad penney being a :censored: at being a supposed manager of our beloved club and prats who put misplaced trust in the plonker :ranting: