Ritchie and Gregan?

I'll give you Eyres and Sheridan as two of the most inspired signings the club has ever made. But Corazzin was gash.

Thank you. There seems to be some modern notion that he was quite good, but I confirm with you that he was in fact a right pile of toss.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. There seems to be some modern notion that he was quite good, but I confirm with you that he was in fact a right pile of toss.

He was amazing

22 goals in 120 odd appearances.....***

*** ok so I have a signed framed shirt with his name on he has to be good...

"Severely constrained by a budget pre-Chris Moore"

Can you tell me where info came from? I remember at the time this being said yet whilst AR didn't spend transfer fees he had a decent lump of money for salaries.

Whilst at uni I we went through the books and the clubs wage bill was quoted in the deloitte football year book for the 2000-01 season was over £2million. Last weeks visit to the accounts confirmed that the playing wage bill was £1.6million, when you take away the none footballing staff out of that £2million figure but factor in an inflation rise in players wages at this level then you can see that Ritchie was working with more or less the same type of budget that Penney is working with now. Thats why this season is mirroring Ritchies first in charge.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Whilst at uni I we went through the books and the clubs wage bill was quoted in the deloitte football year book for the 2000-01 season was over £2million. Last weeks visit to the accounts confirmed that the playing wage bill was £1.6million, when you take away the none footballing staff out of that £2million figure but factor in an inflation rise in players wages at this level then you can see that Ritchie was working with more or less the same type of budget that Penney is working with now. Thats why this season is mirroring Ritchies first in charge.

How much was the ITV Digital money supposed to be worth though? Plus a lot of clubs (don't know if we did) spent a lot of that in seasons before it was due.

Carlo was awesome, gave everything, played through injury, never gave up. My favourite player of the Ritchie era.

Carlo did put effort in but he was still :censored:e.

So you're saying you prefer Carlo to Eyresy or Sheridan? Two players who also gave everything and never gave up, and also had something Carlo never had.... genuine quality.

How much was the ITV Digital money supposed to be worth though? Plus a lot of clubs (don't know if we did) spent a lot of that in seasons before it was due.

The ITV digital money came in 2001-02 it was significant more at championship level though from what I can gather becasue the contract ITV digital offered to the football league was £300million Didn't see the full details of the break down of income is although the revenue in 2000-01 was around £2.5mill certainly remember the wage bill being of the £2million figure we made a loss of £900k aswell.

Carlo did put effort in but he was still :censored:e.

So you're saying you prefer Carlo to Eyresy or Sheridan? Two players who also gave everything and never gave up, and also had something Carlo never had.... genuine quality.

Favourite, not best. Distinct difference. Carlo contributed greatly in his three seasons with us, tracked back for than any other centre forward I've ever seen, tackled well, won a lot of headers; he had genuine quality IMO.