Ritchie and Gregan?

I cant believe this hasnt been posted

If it has or has previously been removed then sorry MODS

In one of the totally trust worthy papers on Sunday not sure if it was Sun or Mirror it said

Penney is to be sacked and Ritchie will take over with Gregan being promoted to assistant,

This isnt a fishing thread I will scan the article in later today

If this is a titanic thread then so be it im late

Thoughts?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In one of the totally trust worthy papers on Sunday not sure if it was Sun or Mirror it said

Penney is to be sacked and Ritchie will take over with Gregan being promoted to assistant,

Thoughts?

heard it today....bit bemused really.

im sure greegs would make a very good assistant,i doubt many would argue with him..but ritchie???

Thoughts?

It was in the Sunday People.

Thoughts?

:pray:

heard it today....bit bemused really.

im sure greegs would make a very good assistant,i doubt many would argue with him..but ritchie???

I agree.

I really cannot believe the TTA will repeat what they did last year, almost exactly. When it so clearly did not work.

Just a lazy journo, with no realy idea what goes on at OAFC IMHO.

PS I agree about greegs, he has the makings. but so far as Captain cast doubts as a amanger, in my eyes.

THat said if we have a good March!

PPS Did soemone not suggest this on here. Have they copied it from OWTB?

Edited by singe

Thoughts?

I heard this about three weeks ago! Still nothing...

I'm willing to give Penney until after the Wycombe game, although it wouldn't surprise me if he was gone after Exeter if we lose.

As far as the OP is concerned, I guess after Joe we should be wary of re-visiting the past.

However, Ritchie is my all-time favourite player and Gregan is my current favourite player so what could go wrong?!

However, Ritchie is my all-time favourite player and Gregan is my current favourite player so what could go wrong?!

A JR esq return which sees us go down and you develop a hatred for both your favourite players in the space of six weeks...? :blush:

I'm willing to give Penney until after the Wycombe game, although it wouldn't surprise me if he was gone after Exeter if we lose.

As far as the OP is concerned, I guess after Joe we should be wary of re-visiting the past.

Where does he rank on your all time favourite Managers list though?

Great players do not necessarily make great managers, see Bobby Charlton, Alan Shearer, Tony Adams as examples,

Where does he rank on your all time favourite Managers list though?

Great players do not necessarily make great managers, see Bobby Charlton, Alan Shearer, Tony Adams as examples,

john sheridan,john barnes, are two more examples :o)

What could Gregan do, that he's not already doing? I dont think giving him the title of 'assistant manager' would change much, not in the short term anyway (until end of season)

He's already a leader on the pitch, and we cant afford to have him on the touch line.

And i think Ritchie would just end up like the Royle situation last season, only worse as theres a chance we'd be relegated.

I don't think we should get rid of DP, however if we do make that decision then I'd look no further than Tony P.

I agree

Said that last season before Royle was appointed. Most seemed to think he'd turn the job down tho!

I think he said he had no interest the job publicly...

He's said it to me personally a dozen times (in terms of a 'first team' job - not specifically Latics), but I maintain he'd be a fantastic manager.

I know he doesn't want it, but I'd love to see him give it a go, should DP be sent on his way.

He's said it to me personally a dozen times (in terms of a 'first team' job - not specifically Latics), but I maintain he'd be a fantastic manager.

I know he doesn't want it, but I'd love to see him give it a go, should DP be sent on his way.

Agreed

I think this guy has all the right attributes to be a great manager, but like you said, he doesnt want it