Ritchie and Gregan?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed

I think this guy has all the right attributes to be a great manager, but like you said, he doesnt want it

But he probably would, and has done so before, as an emergency. At least he is Oldham through and through. Wouldnt stand there with his hands in his pockets, saying that he doesnt give a :censored: about the fans. That really gets me going.

I cant believe this hasnt been posted

If it has or has previously been removed then sorry MODS

In one of the totally trust worthy papers on Sunday not sure if it was Sun or Mirror it said

Penney is to be sacked and Ritchie will take over with Gregan being promoted to assistant,

This isnt a fishing thread I will scan the article in later today

If this is a titanic thread then so be it im late

Thoughts?

Jesus Christ Razza. Are you trying to give me the horn?

:pray:

Jesus Christ Razza. Are you trying to give me the horn?

:pray:

You're problem is you are too easily pleased, and not that "selective"..... :wink:

I have to say I don't think that is the answer.

But I despite my doubts about Gregan, I do think he will make a good manager.

Is the Ritchie/Gregan some sort of Good Cop/Bad cop-Dream Team!

You're problem is you are too easily pleased, and not that "selective"..... :wink:

But I despite my doubts about Gregan, I do think he will make a good manager.

Is the Ritchie/Gregan some sort of Good Cop/Bad cop-Dream Team!

Certainly isnt the answer long term in my opinion, but I dont think he could do any worse than penney

And yet I'm significantly more displeased with everything Latics than I ever have been? :wink:

Stitch and Gregan would see us cracking on in no time. I assure you all, and when am I ever wrong? ^_^

Infact, all things considered, I should be the manager.

But he probably would, and has done so before, as an emergency. At least he is Oldham through and through. Wouldnt stand there with his hands in his pockets, saying that he doesnt give a :censored: about the fans. That really gets me going.

the last thing we want is to give the job to someone who doesn't want it. The town hall cat is oldham through and through and is demonstrative. Doesnt mean it would make a good manager.

Guest FyldeBlue
Where does he rank on your all time favourite Managers list though?

Great players do not necessarily make great managers, see Bobby Charlton, Alan Shearer, Tony Adams as examples,

But you'll surely agree Carl that Andy never had a fair chance when Chris Moore was there, obviously he went on to Manage Barnsley and you know what he did there.

At this present time with everything down at rock bottom, I can't see anyone else who the public would get behind other than Stitch personally, I think he deserves another chance with the TTA now running things. :wink:

But you'll surely agree Carl that Andy never had a fair chance when Chris Moore was there, obviously he went on to Manage Barnsley and you know what he did there.

At this present time with everything down at rock bottom, I can't see anyone else who the public would get behind other than Stitch personally, I think he deserves another chance with the TTA now running things. :wink:

totally agree,

did it at barnsley having been shat on by Moore, then wasn't granted the patience by hudders fans when there and knows that he probably made mistkes signings wise whilst there as well.

Our squad isn't a BAD squad, it is how they play/perform on a saturday i.e. DON'T ATTACK that is the problem at the moment.

If ritchie wasnt given time by the huddersfield fans then why would he be given time here. Some fans wanted Penny out in October. If results are bad for whatever reason we want the manager sacked immediatly.

Agreed.

Stitch will get more time from the fans (who the TTA seem to take notice of), maybe stick 1k or so on the gate, he's got a team promoted out of this division and is available! Surely there can't be many more boxes to tick....

Ronnie Moore has also got a team out of this division, and look what happened there.

Will agree that he certainly kept a team of kids and journeymen in this division, whom would have probably been relegated under any other manager at the time.

But he has been out of management for approaching two years. Put club legend status aside, if we were talking about anyone else with the exact same record, I think the answer would be 'absolutely not'. If Ritchie was such a fantastic manager he would not have been out of management for going on two years.

As was said elsewhere, its time to let someone else have a go at becoming a legend, rather than keep turning to old ones when the going gets tough. What if Ritchie does come in and doesn't work out, who we going to turn to next, Eyresy? Liddell? Crossley? Gregan?

Stand by what I said, maybe ok as a short term solution but we need to look elsewhere long term.

Ronnie Moore has also got a team out of this division, and look what happened there.

Will agree that he certainly kept a team of kids and journeymen in this division, whom would have probably been relegated under any other manager at the time.

But he has been out of management for approaching two years. Put club legend status aside, if we were talking about anyone else with the exact same record, I think the answer would be 'absolutely not'. If Ritchie was such a fantastic manager he would not have been out of management for going on two years.

As was said elsewhere, its time to let someone else have a go at becoming a legend, rather than keep turning to old ones when the going gets tough. What if Ritchie does come in and doesn't work out, who we going to turn to next, Eyresy? Liddell? Crossley? Gregan?

Stand by what I said, maybe ok as a short term solution but we need to look elsewhere long term.

We need a totally new approach, this team is so predictable and boring, even if we retain our status in division 1 the damage has been done.

Penney is simply unpopular with the fans and like Ronnie Moore just doesn't show enough passion for the club and the job......Season ticket sales will probably dip to under 2000 next season and we'll be lucky to average 3500, especially if we go down.

Ritchie may or may not be the long term answer but we need a quick fix now and he's Oldham through and through.... if he could keep us up this season and improve the entertainment on the pitch I'm sure, at the very least, it would impact on season ticket sales.

While being a club legend shouldn't be an essential piece of criteria for a management candidate, neither should it be completely ignored. Surely someone who's stayed in touch with the club, knows how the club operates and could keep the fans onside might just be the answer?

Does anyone remember how utterly :censored:e we were between 98-2001?

All seems to be forgotten at the minute!! (Awaits responses of how young, hungry and homegrown the players were then, rather than the overpaid, couldn't care less, journeymen we currently have on board!)

You're right though we were :lol:

All seems to be forgotten at the minute!! (Awaits responses of how young, hungry and homegrown the players were then, rather than the overpaid, couldn't care less, journeymen we currently have on board!)

You're right though we were :lol:

Young, hungry, homegrown and in the best part :censored:e!!!!

Phil Salt, Mark Innes, Ratboy as a Striker, Ryan Sugden, Danny Boshell, Paul Rickers, *shudders*