Latics fans disgrace themselves

One bloke spent the whole of the minutes ailence yesterday say, "black :censored: , got what he deserved," on repeat, which his mates thought was the funniest thing they had ever heard. Well done.

Not sure if it were because of the same people, but three fans relocated near to where i was stood (left of the goal looking at it from behind) and i overheard them say something aong the lines of 'im not putting up with what they were saying all afternoon'. Granted it could have been over something else, but i doubt it, we seem to still have this unwanted element of support.

Edited by Oafc88

One bloke spent the whole of the minutes ailence yesterday say, "black :censored: , got what he deserved," on repeat, which his mates thought was the funniest thing they had ever heard. Well done.

I thought that the minute's silence was impeccably observed by both sets of supporters - if there was a single individual who allegedly came out with racist comments then that is unacceptable.

However - your thread title is a little sensationalist - there will always be idiots like the aforementioned (for example the guys who thought it funny to bait Paul Jones for most of the first half) but there was 400 tics at the game and the behaviour was top class - it was just a shame that we had to witness another poor showing form the majority of the team.

:unsure:

I thought that the minute's silence was impeccably observed by both sets of supporters - if there was a single individual who allegedly came out with racist comments then that is unacceptable.

However - your thread title is a little sensationalist - there will always be idiots like the aforementioned (for example the guys who thought it funny to bait Paul Jones for most of the first half) but there was 400 tics at the game and the behaviour was top class - it was just a shame that we had to witness another poor showing form the majority of the team.

What exactly is wrong with that? And how the hell can shouting at the opposition goalie be comparable to racially abusing a dead bloke? :shock:

And I don't think the thread title is sensationalist at all. The people doing it are scum, nothing more.

I met Keith Alexander on several occasions when he was at Lincoln and also saw him play at Boston. He really was a top man. May he rest in peace. To any fools who express such ignorant views as stated here, you shame the whole of mankind.

What exactly is wrong with that? And how the hell can shouting at the opposition goalie be comparable to racially abusing a dead bloke? :shock:

And I don't think the thread title is sensationalist at all. The people doing it are scum, nothing more.

So did you hear what these (so called fans) were shouting at the keeper? - it was disgusting and totally uncalled for. I am not saying that it was comparable - where did you get that from?

The point I made was that a tiny (3 out of 400) minority should not detract from the majority. And as for the title - 'Latics fans disgrace themselves' again the vast majority did not just a tiny minority. That title is misleading. :huh:

So did you hear what these (so called fans) were shouting at the keeper? - it was disgusting and totally uncalled for. I am not saying that it was comparable - where did you get that from?

The point I made was that a tiny (3 out of 400) minority should not detract from the majority. And as for the title - 'Latics fans disgrace themselves' again the vast majority did not just a tiny minority. That title is misleading. :huh:

Of all the misleading titles people use on here to get a rise I think this is not one of them.

Fans (more than one) were seen either engaging in or condoning/encouraging despicable behaviour at a game.

If that doesn't disgrace them, then I honestly don't know what does!

Of all the misleading titles people use on here to get a rise I think this is not one of them.

Fans (more than one) were seen either engaging in or condoning/encouraging despicable behaviour at a game.

If that doesn't disgrace them, then I honestly don't know what does!

Glad I was stood over the other side, I may have took the Lags approach - we certainly have more than our fair share of pond life.

From where I was stood the shouting at the keeper was nothing more than you'd get at any match, light-hearted sledging that (unsuccessfully) attempts to put him off his game. I'd hardly have called it "disgusting and totally uncalled for", unless you can provide an example that I didn't hear? If you get offended by that you'd get offended by a lot of things.

As for the comparable comment. In your first post you said:

there will always be idiots like the aforementioned (for example the guys who thought it funny to bait Paul Jones for most of the first half)

Excuse me if I'm reading this wrong, but here you imply you'd put the "so called fans" who shouted at the keeper in the same bracket as the racist mutants that seem to attach themselves to our club.

Anyway, I agree that it was a minority who spoilt the minutes silence and the rest observed it impeccably. I don't think it was ever the original poster's intention to imply that all Latics fans had disgraced themselves.

I don't think it was ever the original poster's intention to imply that all Latics fans had disgraced themselves.

Nope, but what about those who drag the club's name through the mud by being done for possession on away days? Scum. :wink:

Unfortunately there are a lot of idiots in the world, I think Clarkspon sums it up today when he says you have 5% of people who are goodie-goodies and who become vicars and 5% who build exploding hiking shoes and starve their children. I just wish that none of the pondlife "oddball" 5% associated themselves with our club. BTW Lags I think you have the best response for dealing with these muppets, maybe they won't come back then!

Well let me clarify for you. One guy did it. His mates thought it was hilarious. As it happens, someone pointed him out to the stewards (it wasn't me, although I would have done), the stewards upgraded him and some of his mates to the seating area by way of punishment, and in the course of this pointed out to the offenders exactly who it was who had raised the concern. Consequently, a number of rather large aggressive looking gentlemen were making their presence known around the area where the person who had done the decent thing was, to the extent that we didn't fancy letting him go away for a piss on his own, or more than likely he would have had his head kicked in.

On the other hand, it was me who was shouting thing things like, "Jonesy, I like your kicking game, but are you playing for a contract in this game?" As I have done at various away games.

Should I feel deeply ashamed about myself, or were you actually being a bit of a tit?

Well let me clarify for you. One guy did it. His mates thought it was hilarious. As it happens, someone pointed him out to the stewards (it wasn't me, although I would have done), the stewards upgraded him and some of his mates to the seating area by way of punishment, and in the course of this pointed out to the offenders exactly who it was who had raised the concern. Consequently, a number of rather large aggressive looking gentlemen were making their presence known around the area where the person who had done the decent thing was, to the extent that we didn't fancy letting him go away for a piss on his own, or more than likely he would have had his head kicked in.

On the other hand, it was me who was shouting thing things like, "Jonesy, I like your kicking game, but are you playing for a contract in this game?" As I have done at various away games.Should I feel deeply ashamed about myself, or were you actually being a bit of a tit?

Were you also calling him a paedophile ad nauseam? No I think not. But the morons I was referring to were. Humour is more than welcome but not offensive vitriol.

So if anyone is 'being a bit of a tit' then I think it must be you. <_<

Were you also calling him a paedophile ad nauseam? No I think not. But the morons I was referring to were. Humour is more than welcome but not offensive vitriol.

So if anyone is 'being a bit of a tit' then I think it must be you. <_<

Well, no, I didn't call my mate Jonesy a paedophile. My technique is to undermine them on the basis of becoming their friend. Much as you didn't hear people glorying in the death of Keith Alexander on the basis that he was a black c**t who got what he deserved, I didn't hear people calling Jones a nonce. If they were it's uncalled for and just silly, but frankly I can't understand how you can contrast that with a group of bully-boys abusing a minute's silence in such a vile way. Personally I would rather have all sorts of childish abuse thrown at keepers than have large skinheaded blokes walking around the away end trying to intimidate Latics fans who don't like vicious hateful comments made during a minutes silence for a man who was very well respected in football. And to clarify, not that I need to, yes, it was only those fans who disgraced themselves, not all Latics fans. I mean, I was obviously there and wasn't calling myself a disgrace, was I?

Tit hat back over to you.

PS Swearing left in because it's what was said, and therefore relevant to the discussion

Edited by Zorrro
Edited due to complaint