Will the real chris taylor please stand up!

Just what has happened to the flying winger of the not too distant past?

This imposter we've got this season is almost unrecognisable from the player who used to skin defenders for fun.He's turned into another crab-like player.....if in doubt..sideways.

He seems to have lost all confidence and his contribution is minimal in most games.It's only our lack of cover on the left that keeps him in the side IMO.

I know he was injured but surely he should be close to firing on all cylinders by now.

We're approaching a crucial stage in the season and can't afford to carry any passengers.

When I've seen Taylor this season he's been about as marauding as a 35 year old Andy Liddell. Unfortunately he has but a fraction of Liddell's quality on the ball.

To further my agenda for the day (:wink:), could it be that Shez's departure has played a role in Taylor's form collapse? How much value has Chris Taylor lost during the last 12 months?

I think maybe a little sports psychology needs working on him....unfortunately I don't think the club has the resources available to them.

True, but OWTB can do it on the cheap.

<ChrisTaylorsPsychologist sat at a chair>

<Chris Taylor lying on couch>

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: Chris, I want you to talk about what it feelings like if a gentle tackle comes your way

Chris: It hurts so much, it is very sensitive, nad I am writing on the floor in pain and agony.

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: Pull yourself together, are oyu a man or a mouse. Gett ing flaming grip.

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: Lets move on

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: Now when playing on the wing,w hat are your thought going forward wit the ball

Chris: How those big horrible bullies are going to hack me down and hurt me again

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: :ranting: Get a grip, run flaming well past them and put a decent cross in man

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: :blush: OK Chris lets move on

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: Chris, how does it feel to get beaten

Chris: I dunno, I just go out and get bladdered

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: :ranting: Get a bloody grip, feel the pain of the fans, sit at home morosely for 3 days

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: Chris,why are you alwways staring fights, ounching your team mates. :wink:

Chris: IThey keep calling me names, saying I have ginger hair, am on my own a lot, and cannot pass for toffee

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: :ranting::ranting: Stop being mardy

My fee is

I am going to change my username: ChrisTaylorsPsychologist

True, but OWTB can do it on the cheap.

<ChrisTaylorsPsychologist sat at a chair>

<Chris Taylor lying on couch>

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: Chris, I want you to talk about what it feelings like if a gentle tackle comes your way

Chris: It hurts so much, it is very sensitive, nad I am writing on the floor in pain and agony.

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: Pull yourself together, are oyu a man or a mouse. Gett ing flaming grip.

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: Lets move on

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: Now when playing on the wing,w hat are your thought going forward wit the ball

Chris: How those big horrible bullies are going to hack me down and hurt me again

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: :ranting: Get a grip, run flaming well past them and put a decent cross in man

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: :blush: OK Chris lets move on

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: Chris, how does it feel to get beaten

Chris: I dunno, I just go out and get bladdered

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: :ranting: Get a bloody grip, feel the pain of the fans, sit at home morosely for 3 days

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: Chris,why are you alwways staring fights, ounching your team mates. :wink:

Chris: IThey keep calling me names, saying I have ginger hair, am on my own a lot, and cannot pass for toffee

ChrisTaylorsPsychologist: :ranting::ranting: Stop being mardy

My fee is

I am going to change my username: ChrisTaylorsPsychologist

To be fair to Chris he's been injured for a large part of the season and has come back into a team very low on confidence as opposed to a team playing well. In addition Penny's system clearly doesn't suit him - he's having to beat two players every time he has the ball just to create enough space for a cross etc - last season he had a full back overlapping him taking a defender away, and giving him a bit more space to exploit. This seaon, it's rare to see either fullback past the halfway line.

Nonetheless, he still isn't playing anywhere near last seasons standard, and you do have to wonder if all is well off the pitch with him.

Right wing right wing right wing right wing.

Thats where he needs to be make it easy for him his confidence is low - get him on the right hand side where he can get a ball in first time if needs to and let him go past people - altho has he lost a little bit of pace or is that just me? maybe still not totally match fit but every team in the division knows how to mark him now, he isnt doing anything with his left foot unlike last season when he got of to a great start with some left footed goals and crosses to put doubt in the defenders minds, now they just force him inside or sideways.

To be fair to Chris he's been injured for a large part of the season and has come back into a team very low on confidence as opposed to a team playing well. In addition Penny's system clearly doesn't suit him - he's having to beat two players every time he has the ball just to create enough space for a cross etc - last season he had a full back overlapping him taking a defender away, and giving him a bit more space to exploit. This seaon, it's rare to see either fullback past the halfway line.

Nonetheless, he still isn't playing anywhere near last seasons standard, and you do have to wonder if all is well off the pitch with him.

we dont know what instructions penny gives him in his pre match chat...he might be saying dont try to take em on get the ball,narrow the play come inside etc etc.

i do think he is playing very under par this season,taking injurys into consideration he just doesnt seem arsed...hardly tackles back,looks more likely to cry than cross...considering he keeps saying he is a lifelong latics fan and wants to play in a higher division with us..he isnt showing any real passion desire or hunger to help get us out of this mess we are in....surely he knows if he puts in the effort and gives it a go nobody will complain.

both him and smalley are going backwards this season...at least young dales kicking on a bit now.

Buck lies with Penney imo maybe his softly softly approach doesnt work with Taylor and he needs a rocket up his arse to get him into gear alla Sheridan.

Penney : 'Don't worry Chris you have been injured for a long time and you are bound to take a while to get back into the game, take as long as you need you will start performing soon'

Chris: ' Ok Gaffer' (easy day at the office)

Sheridan: 'CHRIS ANOTHER PERFORMANCE LIKE THAT AND I WILL GET GREGAN TO COME OVER THERE AND PUNCH YOUR LIGHTS OUT IN TRAINING NOW GET ON THAT PITCH AND RUN YOU BITCH!'

I know which would get my kids into shape quickest!

Just what has happened to the flying winger of the not too distant past?

This imposter we've got this season is almost unrecognisable from the player who used to skin defenders for fun.He's turned into another crab-like player.....if in doubt..sideways.

He seems to have lost all confidence and his contribution is minimal in most games.It's only our lack of cover on the left that keeps him in the side IMO.

I know he was injured but surely he should be close to firing on all cylinders by now.

We're approaching a crucial stage in the season and can't afford to carry any passengers.

When he is good, he is very good - unplayable at times - it's the confidence factor that is holding him back this season.

If it were up to me I would simply tell him to attack the defenders as often as possible - eventually something will happen. Before it's too late.