Latics fans 100% behind Dave Penney

One bloke spent the whole of the game on Saturday sticking up for Dave Penney and saying that he is the right manager for Oldham. Two or three of his mates agreed with him and also were firmly behind our beleagured manager. Well done. <_<

I'm afraid they're well and truly in the minority.....

Given our position in the league, the loses endured and some very very below average performances it's little wonder many fans have misgivings regarding Penney. This is not unique and not surmountable yet should we survive the drop and a good start to the next season.

Given our position in the league, the loses endured and some very very below average performances it's little wonder many fans have misgivings regarding Penney. This is not unique and not surmountable yet should we survive the drop and a good start to the next season.

If low ST sales 'forced TTA's hand' re RM's sacking, I dread to think what will happen if DP is still in charge, regardless of the division we are in.

I have posted a number of times over the last few months in support of giving Dave Penny time.

Not because I am pleased with the performances / results generally this season, or pleased with the players he has signed, but because we have to draw a line somewhere and back a manager for a period of time (through thick and thin) and see what he can achieve.

The last 2 home performances have given me hope - whilst not great, they did have the team trying to play football and creating chances. However from the reports from Exeter and Elland Road, this has not been seen away from home.

The Oldham crowd has made their mind up against Dave P - 6 points out of the next 2 games will not change it. This anti-feeling will undoutedly result in his departure before the start of next season irrespective of the league we are playing in.

I believe we will not be relegated this season, but then we'll have another 're-building' phase with yet another new manager. Who, unless he has us in the top half immediately will be under pressure by Christmas.

I have posted a number of times over the last few months in support of giving Dave Penny time.

Not because I am pleased with the performances / results generally this season, or pleased with the players he has signed, but because we have to draw a line somewhere and back a manager for a period of time (through thick and thin) and see what he can achieve.

The last 2 home performances have given me hope - whilst not great, they did have the team trying to play football and creating chances. However from the reports from Exeter and Elland Road, this has not been seen away from home.

The Oldham crowd has made their mind up against Dave P - 6 points out of the next 2 games will not change it. This anti-feeling will undoutedly result in his departure before the start of next season irrespective of the league we are playing in.

I believe we will not be relegated this season, but then we'll have another 're-building' phase with yet another new manager. Who, unless he has us in the top half immediately will be under pressure by Christmas.

My own reservations about penney are obviously the dire football we've had to endure this season coupled with over-negativity,but mainly his inability or reluctance to identify and act on what has been bleedingly obvious to the majority of us for the whole of the season....that we don't have the personnel to get the goals to keep us in this division!

He has allowed the situation to drift on until we find ourselves where we are now.....In a battle royale to avoid the drop!

He's got a massive job on his hands to convince me that he's the right man to take our club forward.

One bloke spent the whole of the game on Saturday sticking up for Dave Penney and saying that he is the right manager for Oldham. Two or three of his mates agreed with him and also were firmly behind our beleagured manager. Well done. <_<

How very dare they take a view that differs from your own.

im clinging to the hope that under Penney, its a case of it being a balancing act

this season tight at the back, good defensive record

next season same defensive record, but more impetus put into attack

thats my feeling with Penney

im clinging to the hope that under Penney, its a case of it being a balancing act

I hope you're right. I never want any latics manager to fail and i would love to champion penney but i'm really struggling with this guy...Just the whole package.

They do say that men can’t multi-task, but I would have liked to think that an experienced manager could get the team to try and score the odd goal in the same season as not letting many in! Anyway, whilst we have hardly ever got a tonking under Penny the way we play makes it pretty likely that we will let the odd one or two in, and that is generally enough to beat us.

Should now be a must win against orient - 4 points should have been the MINIMUM target from exeter and tomorrows game.

The football has been dire for years at Boundary Park, a part from brief spells under Sheridan and Dowie. I agree with Scapegoat, we won't be relegated this season but I have no doubt that we'll end up sacking Penney at the end of the season, then go through the same stuff next season with a new victim.

It'll be happening by Christmas, there will be a race to see who can be the first to say that the new manager is a duckegg.

Lets see where we are after playing the bottom clubs, people are ready to jump on the team for "underperforming" but after this spell we could well and truly get rid of relegation fears,

if we would have played these games throughout the season rather than all at once we would be well away now i think and there will be a lot less "penney out"