Google Streetview

I just noticed today that Oldham is just about fully covered with Google Streetview. And they went down my street just when I happened to not put my paper recycling bag outside and everyone else on my street did, thus shaming me as someone who doesn't recycle when he should.

I just noticed today that Oldham is just about fully covered with Google Streetview. And they went down my street just when I happened to not put my paper recycling bag outside and everyone else on my street did, thus shaming me as someone who doesn't recycle when he should.

Yep 95% of the UK is covered now apparently!

Just done my street it was a very sunny day !

Not only that but they have done saddleworth.... I tried to explain to my parents that their house was on t'interweb - the mixture of bemusement, anxiousness, and wonderment that this statement caused was quite impressive. Dark magic. Dark.

They updated ours over here recently:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...,215.85,,0,4.74

The garden doesn't look great but since then I put 60 bags of dark mulch/bark over it. Obviously, I want them to retake the photos - does anyone know how to get them to do that? :wink:

Heh. My dad spotted himself twice on Street View today. Once captured leaving his house, in his driveway, and then again walking down the next street. It's clearly him even with the face blurred out.

I've just been down my old man's street and he's there, as clear as day, walking in through his front gate :grin: