Is Parker Actually A Footballer?

Useless again yesterday, his complete inability and lack of desire to go and chace the ball meant that Pav was having to go out wide time and time again, putting the crosses into the areas where he should have been!

We ended up with 3 men within about 5 yards of each over about 30 odd times down the left wing whilst attacking, so nobody could actually run with the thing!

I don't know why Penney won't just start Eaves, he was "a different class" apparently (I didn't see him do an awful lot to be honest, but then he was attacking the Chaddy, and I was in the RRE!)

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Rant over, decent point in the end after being 2-1 down.

Useless again yesterday, his complete inability and lack of desire to go and chace the ball meant that Pav was having to go out wide time and time again, putting the crosses into the areas where he should have been!

We ended up with 3 men within about 5 yards of each over about 30 odd times down the left wing whilst attacking, so nobody could actually run with the thing!

I don't know why Penney won't just start Eaves, he was "a different class" apparently (I didn't see him do an awful lot to be honest, but then he was attacking the Chaddy, and I was in the RRE!)

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Rant over, decent point in the end after being 2-1 down.

Hardly. did ok for a lad but.....

Parker is not good enough - as well as delivering very little himself the "drag effect" he has on Pav is noticeable as well. Price; Nardiello; Eaves all seem to result in better play from Pav.

re- the actual question. didnt he used to be a chauffer to a lady penelope. :grin:

I'm surprised it took until today for an anti-Parker thread to emerge.

He was crap yesterday...had little or no movement, looked completely uninterested and unarsed, and his fastest run was when he was subbed!

Personally speaking, unless injured a professional footballer should hate being subbed (a la Wayne Rooney) - However Parker looked relieved to be going off.

Waste of space IMHO and I'd be happy if he was never picked again....PS his strike rate is 1 goal per 14.5 games, great record, eh! (Hazell's is 1:11 this season)

Am i the only one who thought Parker did ok today? ok he wasn't outstanding but he made several good runs (which weren't seen by his team mates) and played several good passes. He may not be out best player (and his record when through one on one with the keeper isn't exactly something to brag about) but we have far worse players in our squad; he may not chase lost causes all afternoon and has been known to back out of 50/50 challenges but that doesn't make him an awful player. And until Nardiello is fit again we dont' have anyone else anyway

Am i the only one who thought Parker did ok today? ok he wasn't outstanding but he made several good runs (which weren't seen by his team mates) and played several good passes. He may not be out best player (and his record when through one on one with the keeper isn't exactly something to brag about) but we have far worse players in our squad; he may not chase lost causes all afternoon and has been known to back out of 50/50 challenges but that doesn't make him an awful player. And until Nardiello is fit again we dont' have anyone else anyway

Smalley. Alessandra. Brooke. Eaves. The next journeyman loanee. 4-5-1.

Always choices! Just not great ones.

As for Parker - he's got talent and doesn't appear to give a toss. That is the worst crime a professional football can commit against those who pay to see his side play.

Edited by opinions4u

Yes Gemma, you appear to be the only one!

He was crap and he isn't fit to wear the shirt!

Yes, yes you are.

Funny this thread appeared because i took a mate to the game yesterday and it was about the 4th or 5th game he's seen this season and he was saying how in those games he's yet to see anything special from Pav and that he looks very average. I don't like getting on players backs and i believe that this season Pav is definatley our best chance of scoring but having said that i don't believe he is as good as some people seem to believe.

Parker does not link up well with Abbott, they are too far apart and he often drifts, especially into the wide areas. It just doesn't work.

In the brief time Nardiello was playing he played close to Abbott and they linked up well and we looked very good.

I thought Eaves linked up much better with Abbott and I can see him maybe starting on Tuesday.

Funny this thread appeared because i took a mate to the game yesterday and it was about the 4th or 5th game he's seen this season and he was saying how in those games he's yet to see anything special from Pav and that he looks very average. I don't like getting on players backs and i believe that this season Pav is definatley our best chance of scoring but having said that i don't believe he is as good as some people seem to believe.

big fish in a small pond.

He does do a bit more than I would admit to in my more twisted moments (I freely admit that he is one player I really have struggled to take an objective view of). He makes the odd very good run most games. He tracked back and made a good tackle in the LB positionin the second half. But if the main thing he offers, goals and attacking threat, isn't working for him, I really would like to at least see him working his arse off for the team. Just run quickly, Keigan. In any direction. Towards the ball at all times if nothing else.