Radical Plan for tonight

I'm not sure what people think, but it crossed my mind that we could try and support our team tonight in what is a crucial game as we try to avoid relegation.

I realise that there is a lot of dissatisfaction about the management team and certain palyers, but can we not leave that aside for 90 minutes. If you want to call for the manager's head or give your opinion on our strikeforce, feel free but leave it until after the final whistle.

We need to win games like tonight and to do that we need to get behind the team.

I'm not claiming that it's the fans fault when we lose or that the players and management have done anything to deserve our support, but we all support Oldham Athletic. Lets show that tonight.

What would be even more radical would be if the players on the pitch looked like they actually gave a damn about the team, club, or fans.

Unfortunately lower league football seems to be getting worse each year with players attitudes getting worse and at the price on the gate it is no wonder so many don't think it is worth it anymore. I know I get alot more enjoyment watching my lads footy team than latics and have for the last couple of seasons.

Edited by Max Damage

I think people still attending matches despite the dross served up so far shows commitment.

It does make me laugh when people, especially managers, claim that the support of the fans is crucial. These are grown men who get paid more than the average weekly wage to play football, which 99% of us would love to do for free. I'd be interested what my colleagues would say if I suggested that I needed my wife, kids and mother in attendance in order for me to succeed in my career.

Max Damage hit the nail on the head - it would be more radical if the players actually showed the same commitment as the fans.

It's funny that it's only ex-professional footballers who claim it's stupid to suggest that players don't actually care and are 100% committed to succeeding for their club. If they were committed then they would deliver on the pitch rather than looking like headless chickens in the majority of the games, totally inconsistent in playing at the top of their game and appearing not to listen to the manager.

I'm not sure what people think, but it crossed my mind that we could try and support our team tonight in what is a crucial game as we try to avoid relegation.

I realise that there is a lot of dissatisfaction about the management team and certain palyers, but can we not leave that aside for 90 minutes. If you want to call for the manager's head or give your opinion on our strikeforce, feel free but leave it until after the final whistle.

We need to win games like tonight and to do that we need to get behind the team.

I'm not claiming that it's the fans fault when we lose or that the players and management have done anything to deserve our support, but we all support Oldham Athletic. Lets show that tonight.

I totally agree with all of that and for 90 minutes tonight I will be 100% supportive. However if we dont show any shape or will to attack again (like Saturday or most of the season) Penney will be getting my full wrath. We need 3 points (or aiming for)tonight simple as!

Even more radical, we go out against the worst team in the league on paper, and attempt to win the game by more than 2 goals???

But DP I fear isn't likely to ditch his defensive & negative tactics away from home again. Remember; the point in Devon was a good result according to the manager. I'd expect a draw tonight to be proclaimed as a another good point again.

PLay for a draw from the start and the slipperly slope to a loss becomes increasingly likely.

Heart wants the 'must have' 3 points.

Head says we're onto a horrible result tonight :disappointed:

My radical plan is that we just beat Stockport and pick up three points. It doesn't come much more radical than that.

My radical plan is that we...

don't give the ball away cheaply

the wingers have a go at the opposition defenders

our fullbacks occasionally overlap

we have a few shots

these shots are on target

these shots are struck cleanly and not scuffed or screwed wide

we attack the ball at corners

Brill has a decent game...

I'll get me coat :huh:

Edited by TheBigDog

I think people still attending matches despite the dross served up so far shows commitment.

It does make me laugh when people, especially managers, claim that the support of the fans is crucial. These are grown men who get paid more than the average weekly wage to play football, which 99% of us would love to do for free. I'd be interested what my colleagues would say if I suggested that I needed my wife, kids and mother in attendance in order for me to succeed in my career.

Max Damage hit the nail on the head - it would be more radical if the players actually showed the same commitment as the fans.

It's funny that it's only ex-professional footballers who claim it's stupid to suggest that players don't actually care and are 100% committed to succeeding for their club. If they were committed then they would deliver on the pitch rather than looking like headless chickens in the majority of the games, totally inconsistent in playing at the top of their game and appearing not to listen to the manager.

I'm really not trying to pick an argument here but that's complete and utter bullsh*t. Not many if any on here would do it for free. I can imagine it now:

"Screw the job, I don't need money, I'm just going to play football". It's hardly a go-er is it. What you may mean is that you would play for Oldham for nowt if you could have another job as well OR you would play for Oldham for less than they do. However, for the majority of players, this is a job like mine and yours. They don't follow the club and are not passionate about it. Some who have been around for a while may generate a passion for the club over time. Whilst you say you would do it for free, would you go and play for Yeovil for free? Thought not...

Edited by latic12345

unless I am mistaken , that was your prediction for Wycombe (h), Leyton Orient (h) and Exeter (a)... :huh:

He'll be right one day. Maybe not tonight. Or this season. Or even next. One day though...

Whilst you say you would do it for free, would you go and play for Yeovil for free?

I would sort of. They could pay me in cider. :grin:

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

But DP I fear isn't likely to ditch his defensive & negative tactics away from home again. Remember; the point in Devon was a good result according to the manager. I'd expect a draw tonight to be proclaimed as a another good point again.

PLay for a draw from the start and the slipperly slope to a loss becomes increasingly likely.

Heart wants the 'must have' 3 points.

Head says we're onto a horrible result tonight :disappointed:

So 0-0 borefest or another 1-0 defeat