franny ward sacked?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot believe no one mentioned after the last home game how :censored: Broady is at the PA job. Or where was Franny?

Agreed, he is nowhere near as good as Franny.

Seems a bit strange this, Franny has been at the club for decades and is a proper Latics fan, if this is true then I am very surprised.

You know what? I couldn't give a toss about the cringeworthy announcers at BP anymore - no matter how much they do for nothing.

I'd like the club to concentrate on the more pressing issues of avoiding relegation, scoring goals, trying to achieve more than 1000 season tickets through entertainment value rather than gimmicky world cup gambles, coming to their senses over the new ground issues, and ensuring there are enough pies to go round at half time.

That's enough to be going on with.

The club's relationship with Franny as become strained due to the running of the Lotto. In a nutshell, the club believe they are not making enough out of it and could enjoy much more cash certainly short term and possibly long term by moving it to join another. Franny and his team took it over when it was brought back in house from Stockport. They believe they've got the numbers up and wanted to continue, believing they could raise the numbers still further whilst making it a community lotto as opposed solely Latics. From this impasse other happenings have occured making the strain greater. It's a sad affair really when some of the main parties involved have been part of this club for such a long time.

Now for clarity of position and not one to hide nor being to big when an apology is due I'll share with the board that I have on this occassion. Broady as PM 'd me regarding my above post claiming he is :censored: at the PA job, asking me for some constructive views on how to improve the PA job and match day experience.

I have apologised for the ':censored:' remark as with hindsight it's perhaps the wrong word to use on the forum and most likely offensive to him. However I stand by my view he's not very good at the job.

Now for clarity of position and not one to hide nor being to big when an apology is due I'll share with the board that I have on this occassion. Broady as PM 'd me regarding my above post claiming he is :censored: at the PA job, asking me for some constructive views on how to improve the PA job and match day experience.

I have apologised for the ':censored:' remark as with hindsight it's perhaps the wrong word to use on the forum and most likely offensive to him. However I stand by my view he's not very good at the job.

:lol:

Dummy Spat and Out

:lol:

and ensuring there are enough pies to go round at half time.

I haven't known the pies to run out since the days of the Lookers (speaking of which - bring back Yecil :wub: ). My beef these days is that they're 'angin, those cottage pies aside of course, which do run out. :coffee1:

How much can they really make out of this lotto ? Is it enough to be falling out with long term friends ?

It would seem it is (question 2). I would say certainly short term money wise yes(question 1).

Edited by Lags

I think a good start would be to take the microphone out of his mouth, I couldn't tell a single word he was saying and I'm in the Main Stand quite close to were he is stood on the pitch.

Broady as PM 'd me regarding my above post claiming he is :censored: at the PA job, asking me for some constructive views on how to improve the PA job and match day experience.

For what it is worth here are my views.

1, Look at the target audience - Primarily men who have their better days behind them and have no interest in jokey radio breakfast show type banta oi oi!!

2, The "music played at Boundary Park has been supplied by hmv" - can we please dip in to the bargain bucket and get something with a tune rather than insipid modern pop rubbish? Inspiral Carpets - This is How it Feels was a welcome addition to the playlist on Saturday and by jingo a few of them are from Oldham too! Was also good to hear Dominos by The Big Pink - Velvet is a better track though but Dominos is a step in the right direction. I don't see many people dressed like Lady Gaga at Boundary Park but I see a lot of people who are probably into boys with guitars, at the end of the day it is only background music but Rochdale manage to get it right. Indie and rock classics, a bit of Madchester and maybe even the odd new one by some young lads with daft haircuts but have managed to write a tune that makes you tap your foot when you're one nil up at half time.

3, A few of the people in the ground have a passing interest in sport, some even like football so score updates are a must.

4, Never, ever play the "Let's get ready to grumble" clip at the start of the second half again.

5, If we are the 12th man god help the other 11. Encouraging us to make some noise for our boys seems to have the adverse effect and is very 90s.

6, Do not let that woman from the Christie near a microphone again. Ever.

7, If one of the Latics legends comes out to do the half time draw it would be good to spend a bit of time asking him a few questions beyond what is currently asked. What are his favourite memories of his time spent here? Favourite games or any funny stories would kill a bit of time at half time.

8, Kids taking penalties at half time is always worth a watch.

9, Mouldy Old Dough has to played at some point.

10, Could get some of the youth team on the pitch doing keepie-uppies or ball skills. Maradona used to do this as a kid, we could even open it up so that if local kids want to do it they get 5 mins on the pitch or so.. might even unearth a bit of talent this way?

1, Look at the target audience - Primarily men who have their better days behind them and have no interest in jokey radio breakfast show type banta oi oi!!

2, The "music played at Boundary Park has been supplied by hmv" - can we please dip in to the bargain bucket and get something with a tune rather than insipid modern pop rubbish? Inspiral Carpets - This is How it Feels was a welcome addition to the playlist on Saturday and by jingo a few of them are from Oldham too! Was also good to hear Dominos by The Big Pink - Velvet is a better track though but Dominos is a step in the right direction. I don't see many people dressed like Lady Gaga at Boundary Park but I see a lot of people who are probably into boys with guitars, at the end of the day it is only background music but Rochdale manage to get it right. Indie and rock classics, a bit of Madchester and maybe even the odd new one by some young lads with daft haircuts but have managed to write a tune that makes you tap your foot when you're one nil up at half time.

3, A few of the people in the ground have a passing interest in sport, some even like football so score updates are a must.

4, Never, ever play the "Let's get ready to grumble" clip at the start of the second half again.

5, If we are the 12th man god help the other 11. Encouraging us to make some noise for our boys seems to have the adverse effect and is very 90s.

7, If one of the Latics legends comes out to do the half time draw it would be good to spend a bit of time asking him a few questions beyond what is currently asked. What are his favourite memories of his time spent here? Favourite games or any funny stories would kill a bit of time at half time.

10, Could get some of the youth team on the pitch doing keepie-uppies or ball skills. Maradona used to do this as a kid, we could even open it up so that if local kids want to do it they get 5 mins on the pitch or so.. might even unearth a bit of talent this way?

I agree with every single one of these points. And I think Broady is the man for the job.

I agree with all of your post, but first things first there is no point even having a PA announcer at the moment as i can't hear a single word of what is said or any of the music that is played because the bloody speakers don't work in the chaddy end! Or is it the same in all of the stands?

Beag,

Thanks for this, I think that is a superb post and will be taken on board, constructive and helpful

Cheers

Beag,

Thanks for this, I think that is a superb post and will be taken on board, constructive and helpful

Cheers

i think it was good to hear the team coming out to fanfare for the common man again....

but i have to say,please plase please...no more lets get ready to rumble..its so cheesey and tacky