It's ok...

We're down now, so he may as well go.

trouble is..there now caught up in different minds....they openly admit sacking moore was wrong....they bowed to fan pressure

they got stick for getting rid of shez...the club legend with only 9 games to go,even though it was a waste of 2 and a half years

so what do they do now????

the only thing i cant understand,is why the silence from them....they need to either back him or sack him

trouble is..there now caught up in different minds....they openly admit sacking moore was wrong....they bowed to fan pressure

they got stick for getting rid of shez...the club legend with only 9 games to go,even though it was a waste of 2 and a half years

the only thing i cant understand,is why the silence from them....they need to either back him or sack him

The difference between this and Moore, is that we were tenth under Ronnie even though it was terrible to watch we were comfy. If they sacked Penney it wouldn't be purely down to fan pressure it would be sacking a manager incapable of doing his job as results and performances have shown all season long.

It was different with Moore though. We wern't in the position we are now. And the crowds were still well over 4000 not less than 3000! I cant see how he can stay if they want the stayaways back and the existing ST holders to purchase next year....... although it could be too late!

"it's not a must win game" - DP

How the f*** can he say that it isn't a must win game?! Most definitly every match that he should be going into must be a 'must win' game especially given the position we are in, I have never heard a manager come out with gash to the words the effect that he does, Dave- What is the :censored:in point of playing competitive football if you aren't going to go for the win, the only team that should be saying that is Norwich is they get 6 points out of the next 6 then I expect Lambert to come out and say' go out there, enjoy yourselves it doesn't matter what the result is, Dave we aren't Norwich, too late now, inevitably those players will go out there and still put 100% in and probably win, when you are sat just above the relegation zone you don't come out with drivel like he does!!! If I showed the same enthusiasm and got the same targets as he has done this season there would be the disciplinary code just waiting to be read out to me, 3 strikes and you are out pal! What a bad recomendation this has been turned out to be.

How the f*** can he say that it isn't a must win game?! Most definitly every match that he should be going into must be a 'must win' game especially given the position we are in, I have never heard a manager come out with gash to the words the effect that he does, Dave- What is the :censored:in point of playing competitive football if you aren't going to go for the win, the only team that should be saying that is Norwich is they get 6 points out of the next 6 then I expect Lambert to come out and say' go out there, enjoy yourselves it doesn't matter what the result is, Dave we aren't Norwich, too late now, inevitably those players will go out there and still put 100% in and probably win, when you are sat just above the relegation zone you don't come out with drivel like he does!!! If I showed the same enthusiasm and got the same targets as he has done this season there would be the disciplinary code just waiting to be read out to me, 3 strikes and you are out pal! What a bad recomendation this has been turned out to be.

He did not ay that, he said a must win game is one that is when we need the 3 pts to stay up. He said it is important we win. However, we may yet see a must win game before the season is out, never mind the last game.

Whats worrying to me now is the fact that he seems happy at this stage of the season to be losing against teams like this at home, whilst others seem to be going all out for 3 points every game, even teams above us, he seems to be just happy to have no pressure whatsoever,

it seems to me that hes waiting to be in the relegation zone before hes saying its a must win game, by then though it could be too late to turn it around and we will look back at these fixtures and say "why was there not as much pressure back then?"

I hate saying a manager should be sacked after such a short period of time, but i think at the end of the season for me he must go,

not because of our position, that doesnt matter, its his lack of ambition and the fact that he seems to be content with the club possibly dropping down a division, he seems to be treating oldham the same as his darlington squad, he wants them to be a good league 2 team, possible league 1 team, he seems to have lower ambitions than the clubs current position

for me TTA are doing everything right, they are looking into ensuring the clubs long term future, clearing off debts and aiming for the club to be as succesful as possible,

I even think they did right when they brought dave penney in because his track record at the time was very good, and he had the added bonus of being able to spot non league talents and bargains in the transfer market,

they did their research with him and it was the right decision at the time, unfortunately like everything in business, no matter how much research and work you do, everything comes with a risk and you are not guaranteed success,

which is what happened with dave penney, for me he started well with high hopes but somewhere along the lines he has given up on being competitive in this division,

I think TTA will be definately looking at their options at the moment, looking at what is the best way forward, i.e. should we get rid of DP? can we afford to? if so who do we bring in?

I would hope if they are thinking of replacing him it will take longer than just a week to sack him and look for a replacement, I would hope they would be doing some research and work into the situation, which is what I think they will do.

I would hope they already have done their research into the situation and have a list of candidates to talk to, should they decide to act. I think Penney has reached the point of no return. What worries me is whether anyone likely to replace him would get a fair chance themselves. I think TTA will be looking at our overall situation and preparing for another enforced downscaling of ambition - and that means a young, probably rookie, manager who will be given the chance to cut his teeth on Latics in League Two, and hopefully do well enough to stay long enough to build some kind of longer term momentum.

I would hope they already have done their research into the situation and have a list of candidates to talk to, should they decide to act. I think Penney has reached the point of no return. What worries me is whether anyone likely to replace him would get a fair chance themselves. I think TTA will be looking at our overall situation and preparing for another enforced downscaling of ambition - and that means a young, probably rookie, manager who will be given the chance to cut his teeth on Latics in League Two, and hopefully do well enough to stay long enough to build some kind of longer term momentum.

I agree, hes at a point now where even if we were to win all our remaining games, the majority of latics fans still wont want him here next season, that and the fact that he doesnt seem to care wether we are relegated or not, or if the fans are happy with the team, has made a real dent in the club with numbers falling and people disheartened with the goings on of the club

I honestly cant think of anything he can do or say to win back the latics faithful now, and when you get to that point it really is time to be on your way, I think the board will probably be researching the possibility of bringing someone else in now, as it has come to a point where it makes no sense in football terms or financial terms to keep him on because;

in football terms he has turned us into a struggling league one side worrying about where our next win comes from,

in financial terms we have seen a decline in numbers attending matches due to the poor quality of football on display and the apparant lack of empaphy from DP

I wonder if there is a clause in his contract stating that he must reach a certain amount of points or reach a certain position in the league or face being sacked?