Alex Marrow

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The main issue, I'm told, wasn't so much the drinking but that he got concussion in the fight which ruled him out for 7 days (football league ruling with concussion) and thus missing a game. I think it was Hartlepool away.

Edited by boundaryblue80

The main issue, I'm told, wasn't so much the drinking but that he got concussion in the fight which ruled him out for 7 days (football league ruling with concussion) and thus missing a game. I think it was Hartlepool away.

Was on the bench that day, spoke with him, and said he had been dropped not injured.

Was on the bench that day, spoke with him, and said he had been dropped not injured.

May have been the Monday it was meant to be played that he would've missed then before it was called off and by the Saturday he was past the 7-days...but I trust what I was told about the concussion and that he was going to miss a game due to it - the person that told me has no reason to lie about it.

Edited by boundaryblue80

May have been the Monday it was meant to be played that he would've missed then before it was called off and by the Saturday he was past the 7-days...but I trust what I was told about the concussion and that he was going to miss a game due to it - the person that told me has no reason to lie about it.

Fair enough, still doesn't explain the reason our tactical genius decided to drop him for the next 3452534 games though!

Fair enough, still doesn't explain the reason our tactical genius decided to drop him for the next 3452534 games though!

In fairness; if he was dropped for a breach of DP imposed club discipline; then I have no problems with that at all.

I’d have imagined that as punishment; being omitted from the match day squads for 2 or 3 games would be about right (coupled with the reported concussion to boot)

Quite why it has taken till 10th April for him to be brought back into the side is another matter entirely.

In fairness; if he was dropped for a breach of DP imposed club discipline; then I have no problems with that at all.

I’d have imagined that as punishment; being omitted from the match day squads for 2 or 3 games would be about right (coupled with the reported concussion to boot)

Quite why it has taken till 10th April for him to be brought back into the side is another matter entirely.

To be honest, looking at when he has played, he has only been brought back into the side through necessity rather than choice. He played at Stockport too when Stephens was injured etc. Lee being suspended saw him return on Saturday (he could've played Lomax but after the other wk, probably doesn't rate him).

I think DP has made his mind up that necessity is the only way he will play him. That's a shame as I rate the lad....but he's been a bit of a tool and has potentially hurt his own career through it.

I doubt if your prayers will be answered, Worthington and the equally ineffective Guy (on what basis does he qualify as a striker) will start again on Saturday.

the basis of him being a good striker, and the fact hes working his socks off and scored two goals in a time space most strikers have struggled to score one in for us

the basis of him being a good striker, and the fact hes working his socks off and scored two goals in a time space most strikers have struggled to score one in for us

He is similar to Paul Warne in that his goal scoring record speaks for itself, but he is not the long term prolific goal scoring striker answer IMO.

Changed our season around. One of the main reasons we're staying up. Cheers Mr :censored:.

Our Saturday away record with him in the team is Played 12 Won 5 Drawn 4 Lost 3. Without him it is Played 3 Won 0 Drawn 1 Lost 2.

Our Saturday home record with him in the team is Played 9 Won 3 Drawn 5 Lost 1. Without him it is Played 6 Won 2 Drawn 1 Lost 3.

So in simple terms:

WITH :censored: IN THE TEAM PLAYED 21 WON 8 DRAWN 9 LOST 4.

WITHOUT :censored: IN THE TEAM PLAYED 9 WON 2 DRAWN 2 LOST 5

JUST FOUR DEFEATS IN 21 GAMES WITH THE GOD IN THE TEAM. ABSOLUTE FIGHTER. TEAM FULL OF :censored:'S AND WE'D BE CELEBRATING PROMOTION THIS YEAR.

If you want to expand it to all games that :censored: has played in.

With :censored:

Played 29 Won 10 Drawn 9 Lost 10 - Points 39/87 - 44.8% of points available taken.

Without :censored:

Played 13 Won 3 Drawn 1 Lost 9 - Points 10/39 - 25.6% of points available taken.

Face it, this team is a different team completely without Mr :censored:.

Never won an away game with :censored: not appearing on the pitch.

I seem to remember the Lee Croft figures that way.

With him we'd have been promoted.

Without him we'd have finished bottom.

Personally I think :censored: would be a very good player to have in the side, but there is little in the way of context to the statistics supplied.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Stats dont lie. With him in the team we've got 44% of points. Without him we've got 25% of points.

What about the 2 minutes he played at Huddersfield. That is included as well, stats for the season are averaged out. The best teams go up (Norwich) and the worst go down (Stockport), stats over a season don't lie.

4 defeats in 21 Saturday games with :censored: in the team is remarkable.

Hmm, as a statistician, I beg to differ.

If Pele was in a side and got injured at the same time as Steve Whitehall for the same length of time, would we be harking at the loss of Whitehall?

Well now...if we're playing that game, I'd love to see which player we'dve missed more if we could've paired them this season...Keigan Parker or Robinho??? :wink: