Alex Marrow

You god

Where are you?

Why isn't he being played, surely if it has anything to do with this xmas incident he'd of been sent back or not in the squad at all. But equally i can't understand how Penney can drop him, as he was one of the best players this season by far.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly,

I am sick to the back teeth of saying it, as all the things wrong have been analysed time and again.

We have a brickie who has paid for some coaching badges, like anyone can do, as manager.

We need GANNON IN - HE HAS THE BALLS AND FIGHT TO WANT TO BE SUCCESSFUL!!

DO IT TTA!!!

You god

Where are you?

Why isn't he being played, surely if it has anything to do with this xmas incident he'd of been sent back or not in the squad at all. But equally i can't understand how Penney can drop him, as he was one of the best players this season by far.

Been told by a few people that we tried to send him back but Allardyce refused to accept him returning. Agree though, very disappointed in this saga. One of my main gripes with Penney (I have them, even though I'm not an outer)....however though, again, this is a player letting himself down and causing a problem for the manager. A bit like has happened all season with the players.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I dont understand it though .... if its something so serious we can terminate the loan contract surely and send him back regardless of what the want. If we tried to send him back, why is he still on the bench when others can be there instead of him.

Regardless of that i'd like to know the truth of what he has supposed to have done, still don't agree with him being dropped with something from outside of work.

And if all of the above if bull, then i despair if Penney has just dropped him. Head and shoulders above nearly all in the first half of this season. Be a breath of fresh air having him back in the side.

It's mad that :censored: doesn't figure. He always looked exactly the sort of player you want in a fight, especially in conditions like tonight.

:censored: in for Worthington on Saturday, please Dave. :pray:

I doubt if your prayers will be answered, Worthington and the equally ineffective Guy (on what basis does he qualify as a striker) will start again on Saturday.

:censored: is not the saviour being painted here though I will conceed he'll have a career in the lower leagues of football. Control wise of the football he's a little rough but does have heart and energy. I'd have him in place of sideways and backwards Worthington who can't even get himself booked every game these days which was his trademark. It's not down to one man this season, we have a bad crop of players in the main that don't join up together in any formation.

The whole :censored: situation really sums up Penney's failings for me.

:censored: was one of our most effective players (in a variety of positions) he put a shift in, wasn't afraid to put his foot in and made intelligent runs into the box from midfield, when he was playing regularly he was one of our best players.

He now cannot get a minute of game time, I don't know what he has done or what has gone on, but whatever it is it needs to be put aside for the sake of the team.

:censored: is a better option in midfield than either Worthington or Whittaker and should start on Saturday.

I fear that Penney is either so pig headed or so stupid that he will be on the bench again, he really does need to pull his head out of his arse and get the team selection right.

:censored: is not the saviour being painted here though I will conceed he'll have a career in the lower leagues of football. Control wise of the football he's a little rough but does have heart and energy. I'd have him in place of sideways and backwards Worthington who can't even get himself booked every game these days which was his trademark. It's not down to one man this season, we have a bad crop of players in the main that don't join up together in any formation.

Agree with that Lags.

Am I right in thinking we haven't yet seen him and Stephens together yet as the CM pairing? I thought with Furman being suspended, these 2 games provided the perfect opportunity.

:lol:

Massively strange this :censored: situation - as has been said; if its a falling out; then surely for the sake of the side he should be being considered.

I was happy to hear that Worthy was back from injury as I felt we'd missed his energy and bite in midfield in his absence - but last night; well, he ran Lomax close for most ineffective player IMO.

Stephens has; by a run of injuries; found his way into the side and now looks to be a fixture on merit. So; its 1 from the others to partner him; and that for me; on earlier season form would be :censored:.

We're crying out for a spark from midfield; particularly from the centre. With :censored:'s all action and high energy style in there; I'd say that Dale would be able to operate higher up and try to pick the killer passes he's shown he is capable of making. Also; Furman may just be able to play in the favoured position he was signed to play in; albeit; that would be from the bench once his ban is up.

I heard from a friend of Alex's that it was the whole "went out at Christmas, got pissed and injured by being kicked in the head" incident which caused the initial bust up with Penney.

If that was the case, which it appears to be, I accept that he deserved to be disciplined and maybe even dropped for a couple of games for being so daft.

However, that was in December and it is now 1 day short of April and we are on the verge of ending up in League 2 so surely it's time to forgive and forget for the sake of the team. He may not be The Messiah but he's streets above the current shower in midfield, Dale Stephens aside.

Come on Penney, unless you caught him in bed with Mrs Penney, give the lad a chance...

I heard from a friend of Alex's that it was the whole "went out at Christmas, got pissed and injured by being kicked in the head" incident which caused the initial bust up with Penney.

If that was the case, which it appears to be, I accept that he deserved to be disciplined and maybe even dropped for a couple of games for being so daft.

However, that was in December and it is now 1 day short of April and we are on the verge of ending up in League 2 so surely it's time to forgive and forget for the sake of the team. He may not be The Messiah but he's streets above the current shower in midfield, Dale Stephens aside.

Come on Penney, unless you caught him in bed with Mrs Penney, give the lad a chance...

He most definitely isn't! He is a very naughty boy.

Edited by beag_teeets

I don't want to hitch hike the thread but I felt allowing Sheehan to move on was a major bollock dropped.

Definately. You've been more than correct on both your posts this thread (if that is possible).

The players Penney has brought in other than Abbott who is if we're honest just doing 'alright' have been terrible. We all knew this before he signed them though.

We signed a lot of players that were deemed surplus to a team we have been better than for the past five years.

Awful.

• 2 weeks later...
hes our best central midfielder by far. he must sit on that bench at times thinkin why am i here

I thought it was common knowledge that :censored: has had off the field personal problems thats effected his game and for that reason he's not played?

I know something was mentioned around New Year on here about him having a few issues. :unsure:

I thought it was common knowledge that :censored: has had off the field personal problems thats effected his game and for that reason he's not played?

I know something was mentioned around New Year on here about him having a few issues. :unsure:

like what? :unsure:

Like he said........ like what?

:censored: was dropped for fightin at xmas in a club/pub when the squad was on a drinks ban ! penney lost it and dropped him rightly so!!

quoted from another thread..the Chris taylor one

:censored: was dropped for fightin at xmas in a club/pub when the squad was on a drinks ban ! penney lost it and dropped him rightly so!!

quoted from another thread..the Chris taylor one

so exactly what did he do then??/ get bladdered and made a prick of himself???? got bladdered and had a go at penney???? or just got bladdered

yes the manager was right to punish a player for breaking club rules,but not to the extent of ostracising :censored: like he has....its clear to see we have missed him from his last two appearances...cutting ya nose off to spite your face isnt always the right option,especially in a dog fight situation that we have and still are in