Post Game Thread: Gillingham

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

great result with others getting results makes all the difference. not safe but on the road....

Swindon will have a big part to play with who they play. Well done on the clean sheet and guy on his goal. What happened to Flahaven and Kelvin?

i heard flans was ill

Desperately needed 3 points today.Its bloody annoying that Exeter,Tranmere and Hartlepool have all picked up victories and not allowed us a bit of a buffer.

Looking at the fixtures Bristol R and Southend at home look absolute must wins,hopefully a couple of draws on the road to give us 8 points meaning a total of 51.For me that will be just enough.

Stats from today suggest we were a tad fortunate?

Desperately needed 3 points today.Its bloody annoying that Exeter,Tranmere and Hartlepool have all picked up victories and not allowed us a bit of a buffer.

Looking at the fixtures Bristol R and Southend at home look absolute must wins,hopefully a couple of draws on the road to give us 8 points meaning a total of 51.For me that will be just enough.

Stats from today suggest we were a tad fortunate?

Sounded like Gillingham hardly had a sniff until the end. I think Southend is a mustn't lose game, we need to get the points from the other games.

1 Norwich 39 15 2 2 43 18 10 5 5 36 23 38 82

2 Swindon 39 11 6 2 34 21 9 7 4 27 24 16 73

3 Millwall 39 14 5 1 39 12 6 7 6 25 24 28 72

4 Leeds United 39 11 6 3 33 17 9 5 5 29 19 26 71 :thumbsdown:

5 Charlton 39 11 6 2 38 21 8 8 4 27 24 20 71

6 Huddersfield 39 10 8 1 43 18 8 3 9 23 29 19 65

7 Colchester 39 13 4 2 31 18 5 7 8 25 25 13 65

8 Bristol Rovers 39 12 2 5 30 22 6 2 12 24 34 -2 58

9 MK Dons 39 10 3 7 29 25 7 3 9 26 32 -2 57

10 Southampton 38 11 4 3 39 17 6 9 5 30 23 29 54

11 Brentford 38 7 9 2 28 19 5 6 9 17 26 0 51

12 Carlisle 39 10 3 7 31 22 3 9 7 23 33 -1 51

13 Brighton 39 5 4 11 22 27 7 8 4 28 27 -4 48

14 Walsall 39 6 8 5 27 22 6 4 10 19 31 -7 48

15 Yeovil 39 8 6 5 31 22 3 6 11 15 30 -6 45

16 Exeter 39 8 8 4 27 18 2 5 12 15 35 -11 43

17 Oldham 38 6 6 8 19 23 5 4 9 14 23 -13 43 :)

18 Hartlepool 39 7 5 7 24 24 4 4 12 25 36 -11 42

19 Leyton Orient 39 7 6 7 29 24 3 5 11 16 33 -12 41

20 Tranmere 38 9 3 8 25 28 2 5 11 9 32 -26 41

21 Gillingham 39 9 7 3 26 11 0 6 14 13 40 -12 40

22 Southend 39 6 9 5 25 23 3 2 14 19 35 -14 38

23 Wycombe 39 4 6 10 19 29 2 8 9 23 39 -26 32

24 Stockport 39 2 6 12 20 39 3 4 12 12 35 -42 25

Edited by boboafc

Tense game today, both teams played like dogs fighting over a bicycle, neither knows why they want it or what to do with it if they get it.

Brill pulled of a couple of saves, good to see the lad bounce back.

Glad Black played, a few crap balls but he has a left foot which isn't a bad starting point for a left full back. I hope he keeps his place.

Gregan - do I need to say anything?

Rubes was back to the Rubes we know and love.

Lee played well

Millar, not as bright as Tuesday but linked up well with Lee, a good performance.

<space purposely left blank>

Stephens was quiet, did what he needed to do and set our goal up.

Taylor, the boy looks wrong, something is the matter, injury, booze, flu or whatever but this is not Chris Taylor

Abbott good to see him put a shift in. Also good to see him telling their bloke to pick on someone their own size after Millar had flattened them.

Guy was lively and got the goal.

Whitaker, but than Worthington, nearly got one himself.

Eaves, would like to see him given a chance but maybe now isn't the right time, does ok when he comes on but does need a goal.

3 points in the bag, did what we had to do, confidence looks shot but hopefully today goes some way to getting some back. The crowd was small but got behind the lads, a few boos at half-time, perhaps Ferney kicks out early these days?

Edited by beag_teeets

First half today was a non-event, there was no tempo or desire and i was genuinely worried. The team and the fans were both flat and i remarked to my son that we were a side going down.

The substitution of whitts for worthington gave us more attacking intent and fortunately we made the breakthrough. Once more though we didn't kill the game off.

Towards the end we sat so deep it was untrue and added to a nervy ending.

At the end of the day though we got the much needed 3pts which is all that matters really.

Some much tougher games coming up though. The rollercoaster rides on!

Sounded like Gillingham hardly had a sniff until the end. I think Southend is a mustn't lose game, we need to get the points from the other games.

Southend is a must win game. All the rest are musn't lose. It's that tight. Especially given the way that all around us seem to be pulling their puds out at the moment.

The result today was massive. The performance was the usual :censored:e however. I could cut and paste match reports from virtually every home game this season and they would cover today's performance. Gregan was MOTM yet again. Everyone else pretty anonymous. Special mentions must go to Worthington and Taylor for being head and shoulders below the rest. Absolute garbage in every department. How :censored: can't start ahead of JW is beyond me.

We only won because Gillingham were even worse than we were. Possibly the worst side to visit BP all season.

It's still Penney out. And 90% of the first team players can go with him.

But as I've already said a massive result regardless.

We're going to be VERY lucky if we stay up this season.

Southend is a must win game. All the rest are musn't lose. It's that tight. Especially given the way that all around us seem to be pulling their puds out at the moment.

The result today was massive. The performance was the usual :censored:e however. I could cut and paste match reports from virtually every home game this season and they would cover today's performance. Gregan was MOTM yet again. Everyone else pretty anonymous. Special mentions must go to Worthington and Taylor for being head and shoulders below the rest. Absolute garbage in every department. How :censored: can't start ahead of JW is beyond me.

We only won because Gillingham were even worse than we were. Possibly the worst side to visit BP all season.

It's still Penney out. And 90% of the first team players can go with him.

But as I've already said a massive result regardless.

We're going to be VERY lucky if we stay up this season.

thought we dug out the points today,in patches we played very well,strung some good passes together and looked quite threatening going forward....however that was punctuated with the inevitable nervousness,players didnt want the ball...then just got rid asap....taylor again showed a couple of times he can do it,but im getting fed up of his lazt halfhearted attempts now.doesnt want the ball,always cuts inside...gives away possession too easily and goes down like a fairy....any other player would have been dropped ages ago.think it might just do him good to do it now...

greegs...had a tough game today with there big forward,handled it well,got a couple of knocks but his usual self

lewis guy ran his socks off again...great loan signing,well taken goal..

special mention goes to worthington though...you should have carried on up the tunnell out the door down to motorway and up the m62 you useless waste of a wgae...if hes a footballer im going to the world cup instead of rooney!!!

thought we dug out the points today,in patches we played very well,strung some good passes together and looked quite threatening going forward....however that was punctuated with the inevitable nervousness,players didnt want the ball...then just got rid asap....taylor again showed a couple of times he can do it,but im getting fed up of his lazt halfhearted attempts now.doesnt want the ball,always cuts inside...gives away possession too easily and goes down like a fairy....any other player would have been dropped ages ago.think it might just do him good to do it now...

greegs...had a tough game today with there big forward,handled it well,got a couple of knocks but his usual self

lewis guy ran his socks off again...great loan signing,well taken goal..

special mention goes to worthington though...you should have carried on up the tunnell out the door down to motorway and up the m62 you useless waste of a wgae...if hes a footballer im going to the world cup instead of rooney!!!

Yes, but he's Penney's mate, isn't he?

I thought he'd done enough since coming back into the line-up to be dropped completely for today's game.

Well done lads.

As a Latics fan from afar so I can't possibly feel as frustrated as you guys going down BP every home game. But I will be in the UK for next season and the thought of going down to league 2 horrifies me. Especially since we will be waving at the Dale on the the way down as they come up. What the hell happened? How did things get this bad?

I Haven't seen any of the performances but Penney must go. Not now but at the end of the season if we're up or down.

Gunnar Halle's no 1 fan :grin:

Tense game today, both teams played like dogs fighting over a bicycle, neither knows why they want it or what to do with it if they get it.

Brill pulled of a couple of saves, good to see the lad bounce back.

Glad Black played, a few crap balls but he has a left foot which isn't a bad starting point for a left full back. I hope he keeps his place.

Gregan - do I need to say anything?

Rubes was back to the Rubes we know and love.

Lee played well

Millar, not as bright as Tuesday but linked up well with Lee, a good performance.

<space purposely left blank>

Stephens was quiet, did what he needed to do and set our goal up.

Taylor, the boy looks wrong, something is the matter, injury, booze, flu or whatever but this is not Chris Taylor

Abbott good to see him put a shift in. Also good to see him telling their bloke to pick on someone their own size after Millar had flattened them.

Guy was lively and got the goal.

Whitaker, but than Worthington, nearly got one himself.

Eaves, would like to see him given a chance but maybe now isn't the right time, does ok when he comes on but does need a goal.

3 points in the bag, did what we had to do, confidence looks shot but hopefully today goes some way to getting some back. The crowd was small but got behind the lads, a few boos at half-time, perhaps Ferney kicks out early these days?

"both teams played like dogs fighting over a bicycle" love it

Yep Whittaker seemed to change things today.

is that being sarcastic??? you didnt go so you cant possibly know...

when he came on at half time he at least was prepared to tackle,and he had one cracking shot which wasnt far off....but i wouldnt go as far to say he changed thw whole game...

is that being sarcastic??? you didnt go so you cant possibly know...

when he came on at half time he at least was prepared to tackle,and he had one cracking shot which wasnt far off....but i wouldnt go as far to say he changed thw whole game...

I never said he changed the whole game? Read what you want to read.

First half was very poor, whittaker comes on and we start attacking, has a cracking shot and a few other chances that weren't far off. Only going off the commentar unless they were well wide of the mark?