Just heard tom has signed a new contract with us dont know how long just yet will let you know soon hopefully

It'll be his first pro-deal he's signed Blue Army, well done Tom, please don't go down the Smalley and Alessandra route - the hard work begins now son!

Oviously he is still a nipper, but IMO he is still miles off even our first team.

He looked utterly out of his depth again when he came on against 'udders. I'm still awaiting to see any of these signs that have people anticipating greatness, however I've only been to away games in the last coule of months.

Good luck to him. Hope I'm proved utterly wrong in a couple of years. I just hope he isnt destroyed by fans expectations and crap management.

Gives him an extra two years before he ends up at Stalybridge, I suppose.

That's the spirit, screw up the kid's career before the ink dries on his contract. :petesake: He's nowhere near the finished article, I agree, but he has got something. Needs nurturing and shaping, not chucking on the scrap heap before he's played an hour's football.

Oviously he is still a nipper, but IMO he is still miles off even our first team.

He looked utterly out of his depth again when he came on against 'udders. I'm still awaiting to see any of these signs that have people anticipating greatness, however I've only been to away games in the last coule of months.

Good luck to him. Hope I'm proved utterly wrong in a couple of years. I just hope he isnt destroyed by fans expectations and crap management.

Didn't do anything against Huddersfield or Gills (although got very little time), but I think he's made an impact in all his other appearances, seems to unsettle defenders with his size and strength and looks to get the ball down and play, could be a really good player in a few years.

There are some bizarre folk who support this club...

He's got a great physique for a footballer, because from what I've seen he looks quite quick for a tall lad. Still got a long way to go but then at 17 he's got an awfully long time to make it! Next year him and Brooke need to be providing back up for the first team with a couple of starts each. We definitely need a good goalscorer though.

Confirmed on OS.

Eaves, Millar and Bembo-Leta offered two year deals, McGrath offered a one year deal (with the implication it's because of his injury record).

White, Rose, Cowan, Esdaile-Biney, Zaicevs, McCall and Ramsey to be released.

If I'm being honest I'd only have offered DJ a one year deal to prove himself, not two. McGrath I can understand as he does have a worrying injury record so far.

I'd also have offered Laquan Esdaile-Biney a one year deal to see if he can improve, as he's proven reasonably effective at the back for the Ressies, even when coming up against some better players.

Certainly not the best you'll see but I think perhaps worth a punt given that we don't look likely to have the finances to invest in season pro's next year. He's also a big threat in the air going forward for corners.

Good luck to any young player coming theough the ranks at OAFC - as Big Joe stated in the rarely wrong last night and has done on other occasions - the youth is going to be our future again, due to the financial climate of the game and we must give these lads an opportunity of making it.

Well done TP and DP for nurturing, watching and giving these lads an opportunity - something which, due to our lowly position, has been overlooked in all of the negative aspects. Credit where credit is due.

There are some bizarre folk who support this club...

He's got a great physique for a footballer, because from what I've seen he looks quite quick for a tall lad. Still got a long way to go but then at 17 he's got an awfully long time to make it! Next year him and Brooke need to be providing back up for the first team with a couple of starts each. We definitely need a good goalscorer though.

There sure are.....

Top stuff by the way Mr. Sinnott; nothing like writing a player off before he's even made his full debut is there?

IMO & that of a lot of others; TE has a chance to make it at our level; he has all the attributes; its just a question of nurturing and application; he’s only a mere pup at 17 years old remember.

Pleased about the deals to Millar, Bemba-Lita & McGrath too – especially McGrath as I was worried that his recent unlucky spate of injuries might have put his deal in jeopardy. I really think that of the 4; Phil McGrath has the most potential; even considering how much Millar has impressed me since his break into the 1st XI.

With the season ticket announcement and these 4 deals; it’s a good news day for the club & its fans; and it makes a welcome change.

Edited by slystallone