Big thanks to Flahaven

I think his display on Saturday alone puts the whole Flav v Brill debate to bed....no f****** contest between the two!

yeah, i hope next time brill plays the striker runs through in the last minute and slams the ball straight at him as well :lol:

yeah, i hope next time brill plays the striker runs through in the last minute and slams the ball straight at him as well :lol:

If that's how you want to spin it...I'm guessing your rose-tinted glass also missed the freekick he saved in the 1st half aswell then??? Something Brill's had copious amount of trouble with this season!

If that's how you want to spin it...I'm guessing your rose-tinted glass also missed the freekick he saved in the 1st half aswell then??? Something Brill's had copious amount of trouble with this season!

i don't wear rose tinted glasses mate, i may see things differently to you on occasion, hope that's OK?

saw the free kick and saw the save from the header in the second half but that does not put any debate to bed as i am not overly impressed with either goalkeeper this season and don't think either will be here next season.

he did ok at weekend but nowt special (did what he should have done) if the last minute effort was hit at that pace was put a foot either side of him he wouldn't have stopped it, got a bit of luck and that's great....another things brills missed this season.

i don't wear rose tinted glasses mate, i may see things differently to you on occasion, hope that's OK?

saw the free kick and saw the save from the header in the second half but that does not put any debate to bed as i am not overly impressed with either goalkeeper this season and don't think either will be here next season.

he did ok at weekend but nowt special (did what he should have done) if the last minute effort was hit at that pace was put a foot either side of him he wouldn't have stopped it, got a bit of luck and that's great....another things brills missed this season.

This is the 3rd tier of football and whereas Brill has been more non-league, Flav is far more capable than most keepers at this level. Always has been at this level. I hope we do sign him up and have a back up keeper for him. Opinions.

This is the 3rd tier of football and whereas Brill has been more non-league, Flav is far more capable than most keepers at this level. Always has been at this level. I hope we do sign him up and have a back up keeper for him. Opinions.

Totally agree.

Flavs is class at this level, not put a foot wrong compared to dean 'brill' who is absolute crap.

The defence look assured with a damn good keeper behind them in Flavs, and hes just saved our season after another :censored:e player hazell's shocking defending (their free kick that he saved again came from hazell's mandatory needless free kick on the edge of the D that he gives teams every game - watch out for it the next home game).

Get him as number one with fleming/another as number 2, ship brill out back to luton.

Flahavan = best keeper at the club since Gary Kelly (just pipping pogs who was a great shot stopper but a tad eratic)

Edited by shefflatic

Flahavan = best keeper at the club since Gary Kelly (just pipping pogs who was a great shot stopper but a tad eratic)

Ha ha ha ha. Lee Grant? Pogs? Crossley?

Nicky Banger was the best striker since Pele until we signed him full time.

Edited by ritchie82

Ha ha ha ha. Lee Grant? Pogs? Crossley?

Nicky Banger was the best striker since Pele until we signed him full time.

lee grant by far the best since disco pants (in fact better) but flav looks as good as pogs if not better and far better than brill/or the crossley we had.

Totally agree.

Flavs is class at this level, not put a foot wrong compared to dean 'brill' who is absolute crap.

The defence look assured with a damn good keeper behind them in Flavs, and hes just saved our season after another :censored:e player hazell's shocking defending (their free kick that he saved again came from hazell's mandatory needless free kick on the edge of the D that he gives teams every game - watch out for it the next home game).

Get him as number one with fleming/another as number 2, ship brill out back to luton.

Behave! On both quotes….

Hazell is a L1 defender; Ronseal Wood Stain sums it up perfectly – Hazell is a L1 CB; he does exactly what it said on the tin when we signed him. He will give free-kicks away and he will make mistakes from time to time; but he will also be a pretty steady performer for the rest of the time. Along with his central defensive partner; he has had a major hand in keeping us from bottom place this season; and has been a dam good singing all told for someone we picked up for free.

DF is far from the best ‘keeper we’ve had since Gary Kelly. Far from it. I’d have Lee Grant; Pogs and Mark Crossely to name 3 ahead of him. He is by far a better option to Dean Brill though; so for that reason alone I am happy he is currently between the sticks for us. Whether it was Lucky or not for Flav in the last minute; I’m sure with Brill they would have scored to level up.

We go through so many players these days that I can't even remember Lee Grant. When did he play for us?

Tall & Skinny Half-Cast 'Keeper who we got from Derby; but is now at Sheff Weds. Great command of his box and a top draw shot stopper; had a massive kick too IIRC. Gutted at the time we couldn't push the boat out to sign him up. Think it was under Ronnie Moore; but may have been under the back end of Talborts reign - sure someone a la prozac will have the exact dates.

Edited by slystallone

Tall & Skinny Half-Cast 'Keeper who we got from Derby; but is now at Sheff Weds. Great command of his box and a top draw shot stopper; had a massive kick too IIRC. Gutted at the time we couldn't push the boat out to sign him up. Think it was under Ronnie Moore; but may have been under the back end of Talborts reign - sure someone a la prozac will have the exact dates.

Arrrgh - it's top "drawer" not top "draw".

Anyway - he was with us from 31/1/06 to 07/05/06, playing 16 games for Uncle Ronnie.

Arrrgh - it's top "drawer" not top "draw".

Anyway - he was with us from 31/1/06 to 07/05/06, playing 16 games for Uncle Ronnie.

Ignoring your spelling police 1st sentence…….

16 games; you know I thought he had more games than that? Well, certainly made a big impression in those 16 outings. My Sheff Weds supporting mate says he’s been the sides’ stand-out performer again this season; just as he was the last one.

Just as with Westwood after City released him; we again missed out with Grant in not signing him up I feel…

Possible, I seem to think he completed a full pre-season with us under Ronnie?

He was on IOM tournament too. Wasn't massively impressed at the time. Just one of those things. We let him go, he turned into a good 'un.

Edited by RoytonBlueLad