Happy St. George's Day

So us English should go out and celebrate St Georges day...

Should also be noted all of the following countries will also be celebrating with us :)

• Hungary (24th April)
  • Germany
  • the old kingdoms and counties of the Crown of Aragon in Spain—Aragon
  • Catalonia and Valencia
  • Portugal
  • Cyprus
  • Greece
  • Georgia
  • Serbia
  • Bulgaria
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • the Republic of Macedonia
  • Albania and Kosovo
  • cities of Moscow in Russia, Genova in Italy, Ljubljana in Slovenia, Beirut in Lebanon, Qormi and Victoria in Malta and many others.

True day of multiculturalism :):lol:

So us English should go out and celebrate St Georges day...

Should also be noted all of the following countries will also be celebrating with us :)

• Hungary (24th April)
  • Germany
  • the old kingdoms and counties of the Crown of Aragon in Spain—Aragon
  • Catalonia and Valencia
  • Portugal
  • Cyprus
  • Greece
  • Georgia
  • Serbia
  • Bulgaria
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • the Republic of Macedonia
  • Albania and Kosovo
  • cities of Moscow in Russia, Genova in Italy, Ljubljana in Slovenia, Beirut in Lebanon, Qormi and Victoria in Malta and many others.

True day of multiculturalism :):lol:

And George himself was a Turk, apparently!

I do favour cancelling the May Day Bank Holiday and moving it to St George's Day.

To celebrate St George's Day I used my Norwegian phone to book a Made in China table at an Italian restaurant, which I'll drive to in my German car having watched Neighbours on my Japanese television.

and then have sex in a swedish bed ?

To celebrate St George's Day I used my Norwegian phone to book a Made in China table at an Italian restaurant, which I'll drive to in my German car having watched Neighbours on my Japanese television.

Don't forget that the energy used to cook the food will be provided by a french or german owned company.

I do favour cancelling the May Day Bank Holiday and moving it to St George's Day.

I don't, I can see where you are coming from but I wouldn't cancel the May Day Bank holiday.

1.) As you know when it is (the first Monday in May- not May Day) and can plan stuff (like long weekends).

2.) Loads of other country in the world celebrates it, so if we cancelled it we would gain much by everyone being in work on that day.

3.) Plus considering it is now a holiday for workers/Labourers it defeats the object if we cancel it.

"Workers of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains." Karl Marx

Edited by rudemedic

1.) As you know when it is (the first Monday in May- not May Day) and can plan stuff (like long weekends).

Ok, Monday nearest 23rd April fits.

2.) Loads of other country in the world celebrates it, so if we cancelled it we would gain much by everyone being in work on that day.

Just because other countries do it doesn't mean we have to. Loads of other countries don't do a May Day bank holiday.

3.) Plus considering it is now a holiday for workers/Labourers it defeats the object if we cancel it.

Oh, I'd let the workers have 23rd April off too.