Reserves win 2-0 to make the Final

Thought Taylor was out for the season ? Interesting!

Radical thought but start Brooke and Eaves against Yeovil they seem to work very well together!

It was almost a year ago that Brooke scored the winner at Warsaw in the final game of the season - thought then we might have seen more from him this season but not so - slow progress or careful nurturing? :unsure:

Is this the same competition that we won against Preston a few years ago that has the biggest trophy in the world?

I've got a picture of Chris Hall with it, now we all know he was a big lad but the trophy makes his him look small!

yep, your right I was stood near you at the final at Leyland that day.

Trophy is as big as Man City.... Its Maaasssive :wink:

we made the final

Congrat's to Dux and some of the 'fringe' players. Exceptionally hard working squad with a great ethic about them. They deserve something for their efforts.

+1

Who'd have thought it at the start of the season; Hungarians-ahoy as we were at Reserve level.......

Top Stuff to all concerned; esp Dux

You knwn, it is easy to forget that could have been virtually the first team at points this season.

And may form a major part of the first team next seaon too!

Athletic reserves: Brill, Goodwin (Rose 46), Lomax, Rowney, Johnson, Aljofree, Colbeck, Worthington (Bembo-Leta 82), Eaves, Brooke, Taylor (Crompton 68). Subs not used: White, Alessandra.

Edited by singe

Oddcomment by Dux in the Chron:

“I expect an exceptional work rate and level of ferocity in the performances of my teams, and got that,” he told the club website.

“The referee spoilt the game by not booking Jim Goodwin in the opening 10 minutes.”