Why can other teams do this but we can't?

Sheff Wed offer 'Community' Season Tickets to Students/those on GovernmentApprenticeships/Forces and those in receipt of Working Tax Credit - given the Social problems blighting Oldham why isn't our club more in tune with the needs of its fanbase?

Oh and another club that lets Under 8's in for nowt.

Sheff Wed ST Prices and Perks

Not really a criticism of Latics but instead of the curt replies, why don't we pro-actively seek out those on very low-incomes. I know plenty of Latics fans that simply can't afford it and have therefore given up.

The Zebra Finance plan is simply not suitable for all.

The prices are cheap, with one or two half-decent perks but the club could be doing much, much more to attract those out of work and on very low incomes. There's a few clubs that do - Rochdale do, they offer cheaper tickets for Passport to Leisure Holders (cheaper leisure, Swimming etc for Students and the Unemployed - OMBC operate a similar scheme and have done since the mid-80s) but Latics again refuse.

Same with the 10 game ST, time to get their heads out of the sand and provide workable schemes that WILL have a good take up.

Edited by oafcprozac

Sheff Wed offer 'Community' Season Tickets to Students/those on GovernmentApprenticeships/Forces and those in receipt of Working Tax Credit - given the Social problems blighting Oldham why isn't our club more in tune with the needs of its fanbase?

They do a Student ticket (£10 :- level with Wednesday and no big upfront cost) - also makes more sense as they are more likely to miss games

They do a Forces ticket (£10 :- level with Wednesday and no big upfront cost) - same rational as students - they'll miss games too.

16-19 ST covers apprentices.

£50 a season for under 16s - that's hardly a big upfront payout.

They also do an OAP ticket.

That leaves Working Tax Credit as the only point left. WTC is supposed to give a financial leg up to the low paid, so why would they deserve a further discount? There are people who have lower income than some WTC recipients, but they have to pay full price.

As for Zebra not suiting all, well, hey, should they have 200 methods of buying a ticket?

At least 5 categories of non-standard discount, and a method to spread payments. Add to that personal loans, credit cards, overdrafts etc that you can arrange yourself.

They do a Student ticket (£10 :- level with Wednesday and no big upfront cost) - also makes more sense as they are more likely to miss games

They do a Forces ticket (£10 :- level with Wednesday and no big upfront cost) - same rational as students - they'll miss games too.

That leaves Working Tax Credit as the only point left. WTC is supposed to give a financial leg up to the low paid, so why would they deserve a further discount? There are people who have lower income than some WTC recipients, but they have to pay full price.

As for Zebra not suiting all, well, hey, should they have 200 methods of buying a ticket?

At least 5 categories of non-standard discount, and a method to spread payments. Add to that personal loans, credit cards, overdrafts etc that you can arrange yourself.

The reason why this couldn't be done some years ago was because the turnstiles didn't have the technology to keep track of a variety of admission prices and were therefore open to abuse. Unless some investment has taken place in the last seven or eight years then I imagine the same problem still exists.

The student admission price is only open to those in a certain age bracket is it not?

only open to those in Uni.

To get a student ticket, you need to fill in an application form every season providing 2 passport photographs along with a £13 admin 'fee' - all the ticket office staff need to do to put your name and a photo on a bit of card with a pritt stick and stick it into a laminate slip.

When handing in all this to the office, you need to bring with you proof of your university acceptance and length of course.

so the first game you attend in actual fact costs you £23, £10 thereafter.

There is no season ticket option or Student rate after leaving uni available for the 16-25 range, which is an area of fans the club are really missing out on.

I know many are put off the membership card for students based on the £13 fee and many who cant believe we dont operate a student season ticket.

Beg the fans to come, yet do little by way of organising it, sad times latics, sad times.

Edited by shefflatic

Oldham do offer members of the armed forces entry to the match at a concession price as long as there provide proof.

Do they? I thought it was just for one game, can't remember which but it was the help for heros game we had.

Hope they carry on with this next season, i've been missing out on these discounts! :angry:

Ok Let's try again:-

They (LATICS - OAFC - The Team at Boundary Park) do a Student ticket (£10 :- level with Wednesday and no big upfront cost) - also makes more sense as they are more likely to miss games

They "could" do a student ST, but won't most be away from Oldham for a lot of games? A ST for the 10 students that might be in Oldham and are also over 19? How about a ST for blokes in full time work with 2 kids and a car but no wife; Can we do a special rate for that?

You can only have so many options before it becomes a ridiculous admin game. I think there are enough options to cover most situations.

only open to those in Uni. - Yeah, students. 16-19s can get a reduced ST instead

so the first game you attend in actual fact costs you £23, £10 thereafter. Oh come on, they do something to let you have a £10 ticket, ok it's £13 membership, but that's what £1 a game if you get to 13. It's worthwhile for just 3 games (£18 x 3 = £54 or £10 x 3 + £13 = £43; for a full season it's £243, hardly a rip off at £10.50 a game

There is no season ticket option or Student rate after leaving uni available for the 16-25 range, which is an area of fans the club are really missing out on. A student rate for people who are not students? 25 year olds want a student reduced rate - they could be earning £25k or more and they want a bit of cash off? How about a rate for Tom, Dick and Harry , all set to their own personal circumstances? kids/ wife? dog? cat? bus pass? car?

I know many are put off the membership card for students based on the £13 fee and many who cant believe we dont operate a student season ticket. Eh? Some are put off by a MASSIVE £13 commitment, but "many" would be happy to make a £200 commitment - are you really trying to be self contradictory?

Beg the fans to come, yet do little by way of organising it Little other than a range of discouted STs, pay on the day tickets etc to cover loads of options, sad times latics, sad times.

The last 4 words are about right - people looking to shoot at things without looking, seeing or even accepting the actual facts.

The pricing structure is already getting quite complex, with discounts for existing season ticket holders renewing before some date in May, a different discount for non-season ticket holders renewing before some date in June and then a standard price that nobody will pay.

This is confused by different prices for each of the three stands, not to mention all those other discounts mentioned above.

In response to Prozac's post, while I can see the point being made I do think that £50 season tickets for kids up to the age of 15 is excellent value. I do think the range of discounts, friend for a fiver etc for existing season ticket holders is competitive when compared to Rochdale and Bury - and presumably others.

For me the question isn't "Do I renew?". I already have done. It's how many parents of my son's mates do I talk in to parting with £50 in order to let me take the kids off their hands on a Saturday afternoon. Doing my bit to build up the fan base for the future.

One thing I have harped on about before, as have others, is the concept of the flexible 10 match ticket. Once the season is underway (or sooner if season tickets sales have dried up) the Club should market the 10 match ticket which is ideal for students who are away during the week or people who genuinely can't attend certain midweek games. Once these guys have committed to 10 games, they won't drift away when things turn stale on the pitch. Perhaps there could be a tier of pricing within such tickets to support the unemployed or low paid.

Edited by opinions4u

Oh and another club that lets Under 8's in for nowt.

Sheff Wed ST Prices and Perks

Not really a criticism of Latics but instead of the curt replies, why don't we pro-actively seek out those on very low-incomes. I know plenty of Latics fans that simply can't afford it and have therefore given up.

The Zebra Finance plan is simply not suitable for all.

The prices are cheap, with one or two half-decent perks but the club could be doing much, much more to attract those out of work and on very low incomes. There's a few clubs that do - Rochdale do, they offer cheaper tickets for Passport to Leisure Holders (cheaper leisure, Swimming etc for Students and the Unemployed - OMBC operate a similar scheme and have done since the mid-80s) but Latics again refuse.

Same with the 10 game ST, time to get their heads out of the sand and provide workable schemes that WILL have a good take up.

Why not do what Blackburn R***** have done for lower income families then.....£200 per st?

Edited by tangerinedreams

only open to those in Uni.

To get a student ticket, you need to fill in an application form every season providing 2 passport photographs along with a £13 admin 'fee' - all the ticket office staff need to do to put your name and a photo on a bit of card with a pritt stick and stick it into a laminate slip.

When handing in all this to the office, you need to bring with you proof of your university acceptance and length of course.

so the first game you attend in actual fact costs you £23, £10 thereafter.

There is no season ticket option or Student rate after leaving uni available for the 16-25 range, which is an area of fans the club are really missing out on.

I know many are put off the membership card for students based on the £13 fee and many who cant believe we dont operate a student season ticket.

Beg the fans to come, yet do little by way of organising it, sad times latics, sad times.

I've got one for my son at the cheap rate for 16-19 yr olds for the past three years. As he'll be a student he can then get a student membership card, taking him to 22. Not bad you know! Stop being so hypercritical without knowing what you're talking about.

Edited by apple