Post Game Thread v charlton

Thought bringing our new manager Carlton Palmer out at half time was a nice touch. Good that he got a hero's welcome too. Carlton Palmer's Barmy Army!

strange since andy ritchie has his name on the manager door at latics

That was just fecking awful. The whole season summed up in one game. Barely a shot on goal all game, no threat, :censored:e defending, awful goalkeeping. The easiest 3 points Charlton will ever get.

Every single player in the squad, bar Greegs, can f*ck right off at the end of season. Absolute :censored:e.

Can't understand the fans in the RR end cheering at Charlton fans when Leeds went 2-1 up ???

Surely it is better to play Leeds next season than Charlton.

I was hoping Leeds lost and either Milwall or Charlton went up automatic with the other going up via the play offs .

But then i am sane not a moron !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My merit (I use the term loosely) marks;

Flahaven 5.. Brill style error killed the game.

Goodwin 5..Some awful distribution.

Black 5...Got rid of the ball like a hot potato.

Gregan 6...Average compared to this seasons heroics.

Hazell...6.. Similar to Gregan.

Smalley 5...A virtual spectator.

Whitaker 6...Tidy, but little impact going forward.

Stephens 7.. Erratic, but best of a bad bunch.

Taylor 6...Poor in first half, slightly improved in second period.

Abbott 5..A shadow of his earlier season self.

Guy 5..Ran about, but rarely touched the ball.

Subs

Eaves 5..Could not get into the game, needs to work hard on holding the ball under pressure.

Brooke 5...No impression.

Millar 5.. Hardly saw the ball.

Subs

Eaves 5..Could not get into the game, needs to work hard on holding the ball under pressure.

Given that 5.5 surely must be average, you think several players were above average??

Thought bringing our new manager Carlton Palmer out at half time was a nice touch. Good that he got a hero's welcome too. Carlton Palmer's Barmy Army!

Change a few of the words around and I could have been spot on! :grin:

Subs

brooke no impression!!!!.what game was you watching then....thought he did well under the circumstances,got into some good positions,i thought the 3 young lads didnt do too badly....as opposed to the ones who went off...

thought the game was nicely balanced until there first goal....should never have been allowed to cross but there ya go...

we lack a cutting edge simple as...abbott wants to score the perfect goal every game and wont just hit it...whitts should have put it out wide to taylor in first half instead of shooting straight at a defender..

some good shots in the second half and there lad pulled off a couple of decent saves...

we was never going to be in it once they scored,they were far too good for us...

so thats it,end to a :censored:e season,and hoping the club appoint the right manager in the closed season and bring in some decent players...

The ovation for Roger Palmer showed the crowd are still passionate, the management and players just need to give them something to be passionate about.

It was great for him to be back. THE highlight of a miserable game and a miserable season.

I thought we started brightly, played some good stuff until they scored and then pretty much little else happened for the rest of it. One or two half attempts.

Managed to sit infront of a guy who moaned constantly all game, no interest in getting behind the team at all just generally annoying but then near the end pointed out this gem. Of the team that finished the game minus Goodwin and Flahaven who are loan signings the team had no players Penney brought in, not one.

Could say that Penney in the transfer market was a disaster, it's still Shez's team here.

brooke no impression!!!!.what game was you watching then....thought he did well under the circumstances,got into some good positions,i thought the 3 young lads didnt do too badly....as opposed to the ones who went off...

thought the game was nicely balanced until there first goal....should never have been allowed to cross but there ya go...

we lack a cutting edge simple as...abbott wants to score the perfect goal every game and wont just hit it...whitts should have put it out wide to taylor in first half instead of shooting straight at a defender..

some good shots in the second half and there lad pulled off a couple of decent saves...

we was never going to be in it once they scored,they were far too good for us...

so thats it,end to a :censored:e season,and hoping the club appoint the right manager in the closed season and bring in some decent players...

How many attempts at goal did he have ?

So much for putting on a show and taking the game to charlton.....that was an abysmal end to a shocking season and did nothing to persuade any waverers to dig deep for a season ticket.

We had nothing to lose for pete's sake.......i think the players minds were on tonights end of season bash!

Time to put this miserable season to bed.

So much for putting on a show and taking the game to charlton.....that was an abysmal end to a shocking season and did nothing to persuade any waverers to dig deep for a season ticket.

We had nothing to lose for pete's sake.......i think the players minds were on tonights end of season bash!Time to put this miserable season to bed.

No doubt plenty of enthusiasm will be shown there. :wink: