your high's and low's of 2009/2010

High = coming from 2-0 down to draw with Col U at home. Felt like we'd turned the corner after a :censored: run. We were wrong.

Lows = too many to mention really. Probably the win at Stockport which felt like a defeat.

High point - MK Franchise at home won 2-1 and actually played well and entertained, we also dug out 1 or 2 good away wins if not great performances at places like Orient, Brighton, Tranmere which helped keep us up.

Low points - pretty much everything else really, our home form in terms of results and performances was pretty poor all season, entertainment value really did reach rock bottom. Also a special mention for Joe Colbeck among the low points, tries very hard I know but to think we paid money for him (couldn't trap a bag of sand) tells you everything you need to know about Dave Penney as a manager and a judge of a player.

I've not been to that many games but...

High: Brentford away- good banter beforehand and during the game, did all four pubs, and one of the best goals I've seen by a player in a Latics shirt for a while

Lows: Not seeing us win for over 12 months (some of that was last season)

Also a special mention for Joe Colbeck among the low points, tries very hard I know but to think we paid money for him (couldn't trap a bag of sand) tells you everything you need to know about Dave Penney as a manager and a judge of a player.

Hmmm.

Us fans always moan about players not having enough effort, but when they put plenty of effort into every single game they play, criticise them for not having ability.

I would honestly rather have a team of colbecks than parkers or whitakers due to the fact he puts everything in despite lack of technical ability.

Without shadow of a doubt, my high point was MK Dons at home. A top performance.

Definitely. And bonus points for winding up Ince to the point that he got booked, then red carded, then screamed "F**K YOU" before being dragged into the stands.

Lows? where to start....any of the many,many games when we've spent the whole of the second half checking our watches every 30 seconds wondering how much longer we've got to sit through this dross. Actually the low point, as i mentioned on the Penney sacked thread, was after watching us fail to pass the ball forward all afternoon vs Millwall, then hearing Penney describe it as "an excellent performance, we really set the standard today". The horrible combination of despair and blind fury...

Highs....football wise, I'm struggling here :disappointed: off field: seeing a 50 year old trying to do a backspin, breakdance style in a packed Euston train station on the way back from Charlton.

Lows: Yeovil last week :ranting:

I personally think that may have been the straw that broke the camels back for TTA

Hmmm.

Us fans always moan about players not having enough effort, but when they put plenty of effort into every single game they play, criticise them for not having ability.

I would honestly rather have a team of colbecks than parkers or whitakers due to the fact he puts everything in despite lack of technical ability.

Did you go to MK away? <_<

Hmmm.

Effort is no substitute for ability.

If you don't have the ability in the first place, it really doesn't matter how much effort you put in as you will still be absolutely :censored:e.

Effort is nothing without ability.

Players like Parker are even worse because as we saw at the lashers he definately has some ability, but refuses to put any effort in.

Effort is no substitute for ability.

If you don't have the ability in the first place, it really doesn't matter how much effort you put in as you will still be absolutely :censored:e.

Effort is nothing without ability.

Players like Parker are even worse because as we saw at the lashers he definately has some ability, but refuses to put any effort in.

So, you would rather have a team of whitakers, he has ability, but he only has a good game about every 10 games, rather than a team that puts in 110% every game?

Ability but not putting in the effort, is worse than no ability but effort.

I would rather pay money for people who attempt to earn their wage than those who dont put effort in, & i think the majority would agree.

So, you would rather have a team of whitakers, he has ability, but he only has a good game about every 10 games, rather than a team that puts in 110% every game?

Ability but not putting in the effort, is worse than no ability but effort.

I would rather pay money for people who attempt to earn their wage than those who dont put effort in, & i think the majority would agree.

WTF, a team of Whitaker's are you kidding, I don't think he has much ability or effort, try a team of Wellens's.

So are you saying you would rather have a team of Colbecks?

Good luck with that.

I want effort and ability, not just effort, all the effort in the world is a total waste of time without ability.

Ideally I think it might be a good idea to get players with ability who put some effort in, rather than no ability but stacks of effort.