Trouble for Preston

Possibly not as much of an issue as it looks at first sight.

Debt HMRC are after is in the main only 20 days overdue, AIM suspension is the formal procedure in this case.

A local businessman has recently ploughed around £13m into the club, so it may be fair to assume that this probably isn't quite as bad as it first looks - though a sign that there will be further cutbacks at PNE.

Probably also a good indicator as to the very good players they are releasing or have on the transfer list.

They'll just do what us and loads of other clubs have done....no need to worry.

I echo OldhamSheridan's sentiments - I wouldn't mind seeing a club go bust, as harsh as it sounds...football needs a reality check. Quick.

Wouldn't want to see Preston, or any Lancashire team for that matter, go under though...

Edited by Yard Dog

I echo OldhamSheridan's sentiments - I wouldn't mind seeing a club go bust, as harsh as it sounds...football needs a reality check. Quick.

Wouldn't want to see Preston, or any Lancashire team for that matter, go under though...

Logically, i suppose, maybe football does need a big name to go to the wall to give it a kick up the arse. But it's not something i'd wish on the fans of any* club,and it'd be a very sad day for football if a club with Preston's history went under.

*I think i speak for everyone when i say if a big name has to go under,please let it be Leeds

A local businessman has recently ploughed around £13m into the club, so it may be fair to assume that this probably isn't

Trevor Hemmings lent them another 500k to try and stop the winding up order but it didnt work, i wouldnt be to worried if i was a PNE fan, Hemmings is a life long fan who is worth about 500 million. There chairman Derek Shaw is worth about 30 million, and the Patel family are shareholders and worth about 100 million.

Edited by fleetwood Blue