New Manager Thread

According to another message board:

Posted by fryatt1969 on 29/5/2010, 10:36 am

"if the rumours, about gannon are correct... why last night, did simon corney and alan hardy- meet ian dowie, in a manchester hotel- to talk over the managers post... im not saying, he will take on the job! but the meeting happened... fact!"

:unsure:

According to the same message board and Posted by faz6335 on 29/5/2010, 7:22 am

"There is no doubt about the current situation. Jim Gannon was about to be appointed as County manager, but tha long awaited announcement from the county takeover group scheduled for 3.30 yesterday was cancelled throwing the club into turmoil again, including James Gannon, who along with his trusty(and good freind of mine Peter Ward)assistants futures. Now to put this in perspective. Jim and Peter HAVE been interviewed by latics and are only waiting for confirmation that the county takeover deal has genuinley stalled before taking the two year deal on offer at latics. Thats the only reason Alan Hardy has said that he may have to wait several more days. Nothing to do with second inerviews or any other crap. They are waiting for Gannon, pure and simple. Hope i have cleared the mystery up lads!!!. By the way, Wardy is a geordie lad through and through but has lived in Ashton U Lyne for years. Would be great move for him. Top Player, Top Coach, Top Bloke."

My head hurts now - and I'm replying to my own posts!!

:o

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the same message board and Posted by faz6335 on 29/5/2010, 7:22 am

"There is no doubt about the current situation. Jim Gannon was about to be appointed as County manager, but tha long awaited announcement from the county takeover group scheduled for 3.30 yesterday was cancelled throwing the club into turmoil again, including James Gannon, who along with his trusty(and good freind of mine Peter Ward)assistants futures. Now to put this in perspective. Jim and Peter HAVE been interviewed by latics and are only waiting for confirmation that the county takeover deal has genuinley stalled before taking the two year deal on offer at latics. Thats the only reason Alan Hardy has said that he may have to wait several more days. Nothing to do with second inerviews or any other crap. They are waiting for Gannon, pure and simple. Hope i have cleared the mystery up lads!!!. By the way, Wardy is a geordie lad through and through but has lived in Ashton U Lyne for years. Would be great move for him. Top Player, Top Coach, Top Bloke."

My head hurts now - and I'm replying to my own posts!!

:o

Thrown into turmoil !!!! What a load of made up sh1te.

Thrown into turmoil !!!! What a load of made up sh1te.

If you look at that guy's posts on there I'm sure he also said that Frankie Bunn was set to be announced as manager.

Still fully expect Mr Gannon to be announced as manager of County. Your coming out of administration arent you in the near future after the legal issue that postponed your press conference yesterday was sorted?

Think Gannon would probably do a good job but if the delay is that he would sooner be managing County in Lge 2, let's get someone in who is only interested in making Oldham a success, shouldn't be a problem as according to Hardy the quality of applicants was very good! :wink:

If you look at that guy's posts on there I'm sure he also said that Frankie Bunn was set to be announced as manager.

Still fully expect Mr Gannon to be announced as manager of County. Your coming out of administration arent you in the near future after the legal issue that postponed your press conference yesterday was sorted?

Yeah, that was sorted in 24 hours, the papers have been signed off by the administrator and are with the FL to rubber stamp. They'll be a press conference next week I suspect.

Yeah, that was sorted in 24 hours, the papers have been signed off by the administrator and are with the FL to rubber stamp. They'll be a press conference next week I suspect.

I dont really care about County.

According to another message board:

Posted by fryatt1969 on 29/5/2010, 10:36 am

"if the rumours, about gannon are correct... why last night, did simon corney and alan hardy- meet ian dowie, in a manchester hotel- to talk over the managers post... im not saying, he will take on the job! but the meeting happened... fact!"

:unsure:

Now then, while it's fair to say there can't possibly be two people in the world as ugly as Ian Dowie, and thus it can't be a case of mistaken identity, the chances of the above meeting having happened are somewhere between nil and over Simon Corney's dead body.

Quite a few names being mentioned on here, Gannon, Dowie, Roeder.......

It really is going to be a dagger to people's harts if Martin Gray is announced as manager :wink:

Anti-climax does not evern begin to describe it... :lol:

If they could get a decent appointment and announce it on monday or tuesday then that leaves two full days for season ticket renewals. If the appointment proves popular I definitely reckon we could beat last years ST total

ok.look at it from owners point of view...

with the excemption of ronnie moore and shez,there track record of appointing managers is :censored:e to say the least..

they admit they messed up giving moore the boot early due to fan pressure....

they left shez decision to a stupid time when it was pretty obvious he was a dead man walking come december...big joe couldnt halt it and the rest is history..

penney barring probably 12 games was crap all season,far worse than moore...

so they have to get this one 100% right or there up the creek..do you buckle once again to a certain amount of fan pressure and go for bunn or ritchie or an other ex latic....it would more than likely boost season ticket sales a bit,and probably buy him some valuable time to get it right...

or do you go for a gamble as in an untried man,which could possibly boost sales but wont buy him any time,as soon as going gets tough the outers start again,tta get it in the neck

or do you go down the route of possible....giving it gray and alienating 95% of the fan base and sell no extra tickets...or the man they call judas...DOWIE.....

i personally wouldnt have a problem with dowie coming back...but dont think others would want it if the rumours are try

ok.look at it from owners point of view...

with the excemption of ronnie moore and shez,there track record of appointing managers is :censored:e to say the least..

they admit they messed up giving moore the boot early due to fan pressure....

they left shez decision to a stupid time when it was pretty obvious he was a dead man walking come december...big joe couldnt halt it and the rest is history..

penney barring probably 12 games was crap all season,far worse than moore...

so they have to get this one 100% right or there up the creek..do you buckle once again to a certain amount of fan pressure and go for bunn or ritchie or an other ex latic....it would more than likely boost season ticket sales a bit,and probably buy him some valuable time to get it right...

or do you go for a gamble as in an untried man,which could possibly boost sales but wont buy him any time,as soon as going gets tough the outers start again,tta get it in the neck

or do you go down the route of possible....giving it gray and alienating 95% of the fan base and sell no extra tickets...or the man they call judas...DOWIE.....

i personally wouldnt have a problem with dowie coming back...but dont think others would want it if the rumours are try

There's absolutely zero chance of Dowie coming to Latics. Aside from the fact we can't remotely afford him, TTA had a very public falling out with him when he left for Palace.

Do you think the club have gone cheap and offered the position to Gray but delaying the announcement until after the ST discounts has ended? Whilst fans are thrown a number of different names, the club is hoping that STs are sold until the hammer blow first thing next week.

Either that or the candidate is delaying their decision whilst they network on potential signings that next season's budget (or the budget they're asking for) will extend too...including loans from past clubs. Hmmmmmmm

Do you think the club have gone cheap and offered the position to Gray but delaying the announcement until after the ST discounts has ended? Whilst fans are thrown a number of different names, the club is hoping that STs are sold until the hammer blow first thing next week.

Either that or the candidate is delaying their decision whilst they network on potential signings that next season's budget (or the budget they're asking for) will extend too...including loans from past clubs. Hmmmmmmm

I think they've offered it to Gannon.

He's using the leverage with the County takeover people to up the deal he'll get at Edgeley Park.

Jim Gannon will be manager next weeek. Of Stockport County. Frankie Bunn to Latics. Nicky Butt on a one year playing deal to Preston.

Now then, while it's fair to say there can't possibly be two people in the world as ugly as Ian Dowie, and thus it can't be a case of mistaken identity, the chances of the above meeting having happened are somewhere between nil and over Simon Corney's dead body.

Looks like Corney must've been dead then...coz it happened...

NB. As I said at the time I was told though, i'd find it hard to believe it'd be anything to do with him having the managers job.

Edited by boundaryblue80

I think they've offered it to Gannon.

He's using the leverage with the County takeover people to up the deal he'll get at Edgeley Park.

Jim Gannon will be manager next weeek. Of Stockport County. Frankie Bunn to Latics. Nicky Butt on a one year playing deal to Preston.

From what I've seen of Corney, I can't imagine him being used as leverage and especially if it's a local rival and in the league below next season. It's not Gannon.

I'd have Dowie back in a shot.

Why exactly? he failed to get us promoted despite our team being comfortably good enough to be in the top 2. He had one good 6 months at Palace and since then has failed spectacularly in every managerial position he's held. He's decent fitness coach but John Harbin is better than him at that anyway. We might as well just give Harbin the managers job.

From what I've seen of Corney, I can't imagine him being used as leverage and especially if it's a local rival and in the league below next season. It's not Gannon.

"Jim, I want your answer no later than Sunday evening".

There. Offered to the best candidate, and if Gannon can't agree to the deal within a reasonable timescale then you move on.

Perfectly reasonable way for both parties to conduct business.

"Jim, I want your answer no later than Sunday evening".

There. Offered to the best candidate, and if Gannon can't agree to the deal within a reasonable timescale then you move on.

Perfectly reasonable way for both parties to conduct business.

+1

The club can't have Gannon/whoever else they may have offered it to thinking that they have Oldham Athletic wrapped around their little finger. Perfectly reasonabe that the club have said we are offering you the position, these are the terms, we want an answer by sunday.

This is just my personal opinion. I am not saying Gray definitely won't get it, but the very fact that they are 'checking references' to me sounds like they are going for an external candidate. Also, I think if we were going to give it to Gray, we would have announced it by now. As he is already under contract with the club, they wouldn't have to negotiate terms and could have named him manager more or less immediately after reaching a decision.