New Manager Thread

Not sure if its a wind-up merchant on oafc board (most probably), but they have said gannon turned the job down over the weekend and the next choice is someone who wasn't/isn't on the lists mentioned and has past connections with the club.

'I am happy with the choice and you will be too'

IF this is all true, dowie anyone?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if its a wind-up merchant on oafc board (most probably), but they have said gannon turned the job down over the weekend and the next choice is someone who wasn't/isn't on the lists mentioned and has past connections with the club.

That smells of Ritchie, but several people on that board apparently 'in the know' have already said that Bunn and Crossley are both getting it

All this is pathetic though, 4 weeks it has been yet the club are 'in no rush' but want everyone to 'get their skates on' and buy season tickets - shows what idiots we have in AH and BO - they just don't get it do they.

Try getting your heads together, getting a manager in, then start making demands, you just might reap some reward.

i'd be much happier with Dowie than any of the other names mentioned

i'd be much happier with Dowie than any of the other names mentioned

But that's because he's a completely unrealistic target. I'd be happier with Jose Mourinho than any of the names bouncing about on this thread.

But that's because he's a completely unrealistic target. I'd be happier with Jose Mourinho than any of the names bouncing about on this thread.

but we know Mourinho distanced himself from the job days ago - did you not get the text????

"Jose Mourinho today ruled himself out of the running for the Oldham Athletic managers job. when asked whether he was the man to bring the good times back to Boundary Park he replied - "I'm not that f*****g special""

:grin:

Lolly Badcock, Iain Dowie or Frankie Bunn for me if Gannon has knocked us back.

I can't imagine Ms Badcock's tactics are all that great but her motivational skills will be superb- plus she's from down South can't we have someone more local :wink:

Just read it

The guy claims that he wasnt on the 'list', whether he is referring to the list on victor chandler or the shortlist i do not know, but theres not a chance in hell the club are just going to offer it to someone not on the shortlist after going through the whole recruitment process.

BS in my opinion

Notts County have Lee Hughes up front so please forget them as finishing below us at present.

Never said they would finish below us, just stated their budget will be similar to ours next season.

Just read it

The guy claims that he wasnt on the 'list', whether he is referring to the list on victor chandler or the shortlist i do not know, but theres not a chance in hell the club are just going to offer it to someone not on the shortlist after going through the whole recruitment process.

BS in my opinion

May seem like a long shot but Gareth Southgate?

He's on the Notts County shortlist according to the BBC & TTA may have approached him if the story about Gannon rejecting it and someone not on the list is true.

Just read it

BS in my opinion

but what if that person initially seemed unrealistic as he'd only just managed in the Prem and there was also a bit of history, however, he then contacted TTA once the selection process was already underway, cleared the air etc....?

but what if that person initially seemed unrealistic as he'd only just managed in the Prem and there was also a bit of history, however, he then contacted TTA once the selection process was already underway, cleared the air etc....?

I cant see it but you never know, I think we need to see from here really, I cant see it being much longer now before we get a manager, but either way we need to be patient, let the process run rather than rush for the sake of getting the headline in for the fans.

Just read it

BS in my opinion

The longer this goes on though does make me think that there has been a few spanners in the works, It's not beyond the realms of possibility that there could be a suprise appointment. If Gannon has turned us down (Which I'm now beginning to believe) and none of the other interviewed met the criteria I'd be happy that the Corney and Co didn't make an apppointment out of desperation.

Any one of those 10 will know they are second best, If we've gone all out to get someone not interviewed originally They will come in knowing that it was we've approached them after 9 other people weren't the right ones.

We could do with an announcement date to be fair.

The longer this goes on though does make me think that there has been a few spanners in the works, It's not beyond the realms of possibility that there could be a suprise appointment. If Gannon has turned us down (Which I'm now beginning to believe) and none of the other interviewed met the criteria I'd be happy that the Corney and Co didn't make an apppointment out of desperation.

Any one of those 10 will know they are second best, If we've gone all out to get someone not interviewed originally They will come in knowing that it was we've approached them after 9 other people weren't the right ones.

We could do with an announcement date to be fair.

Update now on OS. Manager is on holiday

but we know Mourinho distanced himself from the job days ago - did you not get the text????

"Jose Mourinho today ruled himself out of the running for the Oldham Athletic managers job. when asked whether he was the man to bring the good times back to Boundary Park he replied - "I'm not that f*****g special""

:grin:

:lol: I knew I'd regret unsubscribing from the official SMS updates!

That will be Crossley then.....????

New Manager OUT... Feck hes only just got the job and hes gone away...lol....

Bollocks re anouncement it could be made today.

Probably went away because he thought someone else had got the job.

crossley is on holiday and according to a facebook contact of his on the oafc board he shortened his hliday frm 2 weeks to a week, went on sunday.

Looks like MC, will back him but the wrong choice IMO, although any one of the choices could be away on holiday...