New Manager Thread

HELLOOOOO...

have you walked around the locallity lately...including oldham centre...its very rare you see any latics tops on display being worn,but you see a damn site more city and united shirts on parade...

get out of the past..what happened 20 odd years ago happened...people and clubs move on....

if the owners say ok,if we dont move to failsworth thats it,the club will end would you still be anti moving from bp

like i said,doesnt matter who we appoint,as long as there the best available to take the club forward then we have to go with it....

Makes me laugh (actually, laugh is the wrong word!) how this line is trotted out endlessly in this Failsworth debate...as though it is acceptable now as it's happening...it's like saying Milton Keynes is "the way to go" etc. etc. etc. Not saying that's what we're doing, but I'm also not accepting that we give up on making Oldham people Latics fans.......

Edited by boundaryblue80

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out the city board someone posted earlier - someone has already said on there that if Citeh were not playing they would come to BP.

Well, that's a good reason to appoint him - keep the City fans happy in the hope they might turn up every now and then.

:censored: appointment TTA, in keeping with all the previous ones you've made.

Well, that's a good reason to appoint him - keep the City fans happy in the hope they might turn up every now and then.

:censored: appointment TTA, in keeping with all the previous ones you've made.

Never said it was a good reason Steve mate, just countering the point made by the other poster.

I'll tell you one thing.

There's no need for any extra fitness classes for Latics fans, what with all the leaping to conclusions and jumping on bandwagons that's going on in this thread.

:laught16:

Not really...it's a decent debate anyway...I'm starting to think that anyone is acceptable to manage us "if they're the right person for the job"...I wonder if Ron Atkinson would be welcomed if he wanted to get back into management, or Dennis Wise? etc. Even better, Adrian Littlejohn or Ian-Thomas Moore fancies a crack at managing?

arnt nearly all footballers/managers on holiday at this time of year???

some city fan puts it on there board and this board goes mental for it

i will comment on the new manager when the new manager actually gets announced thanks

Shut the :censored: up! Annoying :censored: :censored: !! :censored: hell!!

:grin:

no you shut up ok ian

why dont we email barry owen on his forum to make out to him we are not happy with dickov try and get him to ask oldham board to do a big u turn.

Edited by RoyleArmy

no you shut up ok ian

why dont we email barry owen on his forum to make out to him we are not happy with dickov try and get him to ask oldham board to do a big u turn.

you, my friend, are a tit. A real joker, just give it up

Makes me laugh (actually, laugh is the wrong word!) how this line is trotted out endlessly in this Failsworth debate...as though it is acceptable now as it's happening...it's like saying Milton Keynes is "the way to go" etc. etc. etc. Not saying that's what we're doing, but I'm also not accepting that we give up on making Oldham people Latics fans.......

were not doing anything like milton keynes...were moving down the road maybe.

and i doubt very much they have given up on making oldham people latics fans....considering 3/4 of the oldham people couldnt give a toss about latics id liken it to pissing in the wind...they have to practically give it way before any major increase in fan base is seen.

and this isnt a debate on failsworth this is a thread about the possibility of the new manager....

you just have a bee in your bonnet and cant move on over things that happened years and years ago...at the end of the day its a game of football...

doesnt matter really who the hell the board appoint,nobody is going to be 100% behind no matter what.

Thinking about it I'd take Dickov over Crossley. I stated last week if Gannon isn't getting it then I'd take Crossley. Crossley's is a smart guy, and would bring a different approach to managing than we've seen recently. But he's such a bland character, I just can't imagine him inspiring the young players to work hard, I could see him being walked over. I'm not sure he could inspire players to join us either. Dickov, as been mentioned is a leader, he'll put people in their places and command the respect of the players. With this being his first venture into managing he won't have "mates" or "favourites" and I can see him wanting to make a name for himself and taking us very seriously. The only thing I worried about is his tactical noose, he's a striker so hopefully he'll understand the need for more attacking play, but it's the other aspects which I have my reservations about.