New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another plus point I can envisage, with him having links to City we might just perhaps start getting some decent young players on loan from our rich neighbours.

Yeah because Frankie Bunn wouldn't have had those sort of links at City, no contacts at all. I think there may have been a few changes at City since 'Super Dick' left and I am not sure Manchester United would be big fans of our (probable) new manager who played for Leeds, Arsenal and Manchester City.

Still anyone is better than Crossley or the 6ft gerbil (think his name is Martin).

We weren't being moved 4 miles into Manchester City (or United) territory when Joe was being appointed.

Never argue with a moron. They will drag you down to their level, quote themselves, then beat you on experience.

You used that one last week. You're better than that.

Won't have been last week but I feel its worth bringing back out and apologise to my watchers if you fell I am running dry. Last week was very much male group adult related banter, will try and shift style for the back end of the week.

Out of interest then, would you be happy with Mark Robins as a Latics manager?

I would have been 100%. We would have been in a much better position than we are now. Royle praised him loads for his job at Rotherham. Shame could have righted the wrongs of the early 90's.

I'm failing to see why anyone would be so against dickov being appointed. Typical latics fans never giving anyone a chance unless they used to play for or manage latics.

I personally will be delighted if dickov is appointed. It will be a breath of fresh air for a club that has gone horribly downhill.

Well, that's a good reason to appoint him - keep the City fans happy in the hope they might turn up every now and then.

:censored: appointment TTA, in keeping with all the previous ones you've made.

i disagree.

and only time will tell.

We went with tried and tested...

Warnock

Moore

Talbot

Penney

And it wasn't good enough for people...

We went with the new and eager...

Dowie

Sheridan

Ritchie

And besides Dowie it wasn't good enough for people...

What do I conclude... No one will be good enough for some :)

I think Dickov will be the sort of no nonsense guy we need. I encourage people to give him a chance.

I for one will be totally behind Dickov if he gets the job.

What really does get me down is the amount of Oldham fans living in the past we aren't a big club and it will be a long time before we are up the leagues. People are on here slating staff members at the club left right and centre.

People have short memories if it wasn't for Corney and co a few years ago we wouldn't have a team to support.

I very much doubt they would of gone with the story without confirmation...

Well who confirmed it? The club? I very much doubt that seen as they've delayed an official announcement. And dickov is very probably in the same boat...

Annndd are you actually suggesting that a tabloid newspaper would never make something up.....?