New Manager Thread

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be foolish for Latics to say it is him until they have agreed everything and he has signed a contract. They would look stupid if they did that and then the move collapsed as could still happen if he doesn't like the package offered to him

How come this is a legible post and actually makes more sense than your previous 78 added together. I think you have a ghost writer, probably Ibby, or vice versa.

There's a bit of sense prevailing in certain areas around here with the delay in the announcement. Imagine the conversation last Monday or Tuesday.

AH & SC: Thanks Paul, we'll be in touch in a few days

PD: Thanks, I'm buggering off on holiday tomorrow to <insert destination of choice> but I'll have my mobile with me.

A few days later:

AH or SC: Hello Paul, we'd like to offer you the job

PD: Great, I accept if the terms are right.

A brief natter ensues where the basics are ironed out.

PD: Sounds OK chaps. I'll be there when I get back and sign on the dotted line as long as the deal's still OK.

SD to AH (or vice vesra): There you go, done and dusted, but we'd better not announce it in case Paul changes his mind or doesn't like the contract terms and make us look a pair of pillocks.

A day or so later

AH to SC (or vice versa): Some bloody newshounds have let the cat out of the bag. That could make us look a bit daft an' all. Oh well, we'll look daft now whichever way it goes. There's be a few donuts on that OWTB and in the Chron that'll make the most of it. Then there'll be those that will decide not to come next season 'cos they don't want Dickov.

SC to AH (or vice versa): Some wouldn't be happy if we got Carlo Ancelotti, Jose Morinho as his assistant and Arsene Wenger as coach.

My own feelings? Simples. How supposed supporters can make a decision on whether to turn up based on a new manager is beyond me. Look at all the managers who've been successful starting from scratch. We had Jimmy Friz and Big Joe here for 25 years between 'em and they were both new to management. There's plenty of others who've done it too, but now I'll just sit back and watch the doom and gloomers list all those who've failed.

Fer Christs's sake, guys 'n' gals, how chuffed would you be if you started a new job and your employees buggered off because they knew feck all about you but made their minds up anyway? At least we know it's not Gray and that's a positive move in most people's eyes and I've of heard kicking a man when he's down, but to wrestle him to the floor first to then kick him is beyond my comprehension.

Give the guy a chance (whoever it is) to prove his worth, or otherwise, THEN judge him.

Edited by Bristolatic

There's a bit of sense prevailing in certain areas around here with the delay in the announcement. Imagine the conversation last Monday or Tuesday.

AH & SC: Thanks Paul, we'll be in touch in a few days

PD: Thanks, I'm buggering off on holiday tomorrow to <insert destination of choice> but I'll have my mobile with me.

A few days later:

AH or SC: Hello Paul, we'd like to offer you the job

PD: Great, I accept if the terms are right.

A brief natter ensues where the basics are ironed out.

PD: Sounds OK chaps. I'll be there when I get back and sign on the dotted line as long as the deal's still OK.

SD to AH (or vice vesra): There you go, done and dusted, but we'd better not announce it in case Paul changes his mind or doesn't like the contract terms and make us look a pair of pillocks.

A day or so later

AH to SC (or vice versa): Some bloody newshounds have let the cat out of the bag. That could make us look a bit daft an' all. Oh well, we'll look daft now whichever way it goes. There's be a few donuts on that OWTB and in the Chron that'll make the most of it. Then there'll be those that will decide not to come next season 'cos they don't want Dickov.

SC to AH (or vice versa): Some wouldn't be happy if we got Carlo Ancelotti, Jose Morinho as his assistant and Arsene Wenger as coach.

My own feelings? Simples. How supposed supporters can make a decision on whether to turn up based on a new manager is beyond me. Look at all the managers who've been successful starting from scratch. We had Jimmy Friz and Big Joe here for 25 years between 'em and they were both new to management. There's plenty of others who've done it too, but now I'll just sit back and watch the doom and gloomers list all those who've failed.

Fer Christs's sake, guys 'n' gals, how chuffed would you be if you started a new job and your employees buggered off because they knew feck all about you but made their minds up anyway? At least we know it's not Gray and that's a positive move in most people's eyes and I've of heard kicking a man when he's down, but to wrestle him to the floor first to then kick him is beyond my comprehension.

Give the guy a chance (whoever it is) to prove his worth, or otherwise, THEN judge him.

have you bugged BP :lol:

:applause1:

have you bugged BP :lol:

:applause1:

Maybe, I do get out of Brizzle now and then. And Dickov has the same initials as me, so .....

(And I had to read that twice - I thought it said "Have you buggered BP". I don't even know Blue Pizza.

Edited by Bristolatic

Can I just point out...people can be gutted at the appointment, but still give the guy a chance. That is possible to do......

If it's happening to be Dickov as it seems, then that's what I'll be doing. I support OAFC...not TTA...not Ronnie Moore or Dave Penney...Not Chaddy the Owl...OAFC. For me, he'll be the 1st appointment I've disagreed with that TTA has made (I even thought BT was going to be a decent appointment at the time.) I don't think he's being appointed for the right reasons. Yes, there's gambles out there...young hungry managers too but a :censored:ty legend as we move "towards" Manc territory??? No thanks!!! But...I hope in a few years to come he's a Latics legend after securing the rights to that status...I fear we'll maybe struggle due to what he's given (I hope the Richards deal happens and maybe that will free up some cash) and I'll most likely be backing him like I have most managers (bar 1 real exception) against the masses as I've ended up doing on many other occassion. We shall see...

Edited by boundaryblue80

He's well known for his determination and never give up attitude which suits me fine.

Reading the City forum of how he's a hero there, and he has the chance here.

Bring together a young fighting squad of his own on freebies and unknowns, get them fit gunning with 100% energy and determination we'll match most sides in this league.

He could become a cult figure here and within 5 years have us challenging at the right end of the Championship in a new stadium.

Paul Dickov's Blue and White Army!

reading on a other forum i saw this

Iain Dowie who hasnt been offered the hull city job which looks like the job is going to Paul Hart.Iain Dowie i been told by my contact inside the club that he has rang Alan Hardy up tonight and has offered his service which is a great news.

could it be true.

Can I just point out...people can be gutted at the appointment, but still give the guy a chance. That is possible to do......

If it's happening to be Dickov as it seems, then that's what I'll be doing. I support OAFC...not TTA...not Ronnie Moore or Dave Penney...Not Chaddy the Owl...OAFC. For me, he'll be the 1st appointment I've disagreed with that TTA has made (I even thought BT was going to be a decent appointment at the time.) I don't think he's being appointed for the right reasons. Yes, there's gambles out there...young hungry managers too but a :censored:ty legend as we move "towards" Manc territory??? No thanks!!! But...I hope in a few years to come he's a Latics legend after securing the rights to that status...I fear we'll maybe struggle due to what he's given (I hope the Richards deal happens and maybe that will free up some cash) and I'll most likely be backing him like I have most managers (bar 1 real exception) against the masses as I've ended up doing on many other occassion. We shall see...

C'mon, you gotta admit its a close call, he was the highlight of last season!

reading on a other forum i saw this

Iain Dowie who hasnt been offered the hull city job which looks like the job is going to Paul Hart.Iain Dowie i been told by my contact inside the club that he has rang Alan Hardy up tonight and has offered his service which is a great news.

could it be true.

It was you who posted it on the other forum!

He's well known for his determination and never give up attitude which suits me fine.

Reading the City forum of how he's a hero there, and he has the chance here.

Bring together a young fighting squad of his own on freebies and unknowns, get them fit gunning with 100% energy and determination we'll match most sides in this league.

He could become a cult figure here and within 5 years have us challenging at the right end of the Championship in a new stadium.

Paul Dickov's Blue and White Army!

boolocks

He is also away from home if any robbers need a hit ? :lol::petesake: You really shouldn't tell the world your house is empty :lol:

I hear from a very reliable source that goldilocks has already broken his tiny little chair and eaten his porridge.