• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get this soulless talk... The soul comes from the fans surely?

I think it looks good from the outside... My only moan is I would like to see the corners filled in and I question what we will or will not own in the end...

I applaud your perseverance but fear you're never going to get that question answered fully.

The picture I used was one that was used today to show how they WANT to build the stadium

Yeah I understand that but it's clear that some people see the presentation and think YEAH I like it (with corners) only to be hit with the harsh reality..............oh well lets hope they WANT to spend a little more or get future investment in to build the corners

I applaud your perseverance but fear you're never going to get that question answered fully.

You have to wonder why considering its overall importance... but no one seems arsed so I will just chalk it up to me overeating before I get called a trouble causer again...

Yeah I understand that but it's clear that some people see the presentation and think YEAH I like it (with corners) only to be hit with the harsh reality..............oh well lets hope they WANT to spend a little more or get future investment in to build the corners

Which many people will do...

To be fair to the TTA though I don't think they have ever hidden the fact its going to be no corners unless they can get investment and I wouldn't expect them to try and sell half a dream to the supporters. They are showing the big picture... The fact some supporters haven't got enough about them to ask the big questions is not there fault really.

Let's have some transparency.........how easy is it to show what we will in all probability be starting off with.....be open with the fans.....it just might work!

In terms of presenting the stadium visually, we are only ever going to see it in this 'horseshoe' form. It sells the idea and potential better! I imagine on the cutting room floor they have a version as it will initially be built. I agree it would be good to see this.

Let's have some transparency.........how easy is it to show what we will in all probability be starting off with.....be open with the fans.....it just might work!

For transparency there should of been more examples of the corners not being filled in but its not hard to imagine what it would look like without the corners...

Here let me help... I would imagine it will look something like this....

1715-0.jpg

Also you can see on the video they show one of the ends without corners...

Edited by oafc0000

Absolutely..........thats my point

Let the fans see what the club intend to build and not it's potential and let the cards fall where they will................I'll be there come what may, i'd just prefer to have my expectations realised and not extinguished

Edited by Chadbarmy

You have to wonder why considering its overall importance... but no one seems arsed so I will just chalk it up to me overeating before I get called a trouble causer again...

I agree entirely, it's a genuine question and concern but somehow just seems to get overlooked.

For transparency there should of been more examples of the corners not being filled in but its not hard to imagine what it would look like without the corners...

Here let me help... I would imagine it will look something like this....

1715-0.jpg

Also you can see on the video they show one of the ends without corners...

:petesake: Oh Dear!

:petesake: Oh Dear!

I hope I am not being unfair to this new development but without the corners filled in its almost a carbon copy is it not ? or am I missing something ?

Its probably the best we can hope for these days...

I would take it over this...

3411548477_520a49fe9d.jpg

Although I always dreamed of this...

0,,10337~3494712,00.jpg

Edited by oafc0000

Let's assume for a moment that the third party deals required to fill the corners doesn't materialise .... it would be a major gesture of goodwill by TTA if they could at least stretch to one corner ... this would make 50% of the stadium "joined up" which, aesthetically, would be a significant improvement on 4 separate stands.

You would hope a forward thinking business could find a way to generate additional income from this ...

Let's assume for a moment that the third party deals required to fill the corners doesn't materialise .... it would be a major gesture of goodwill by TTA if they could at least stretch to one corner ... this would make 50% of the stadium "joined up" which, aesthetically, would be a significant improvement on 4 separate stands.

You would hope a forward thinking business could find a way to generate additional income from this ...

I have to say O4U I normally agree with most of your coments, but I am sure that the TA are working at getting the best deal for the corners.

The fact they nearly have signed up a 120 bed hotel with Premier Lodge or Travelelodge type company and a Cinema gives heart to that

I think they are forward thinking, it's the economy that is a major factor in getting someone to invest.

They might have a few potential investors lined up, I think it wrong to assume they have not thought oof it or are not pursiing it.

In general, not just at you, Why do most Oldhamers fear the worst EVERY time?

I'm sick to death of all this "souless flat-pack carbon copy, one tier" bull:censored:. What do you people actually think we're going to be able to afford to build or even fill?? A mini Wembley?? Get a frickin grip. We're a League One (just) club with an average support of about 4k. Perhaps rising to 5-6k if we start to play well. Take a look at Wigan. Big ground with tall sides. And still half empty every game. Is that what you want??

The people of Oldham aren't going to suddenly pack out any stadium of ours regardless of design. Away fans aren't going to suddenly come in their droves if it's some spellbinding unique design. People are going to come or not dependant on the football. It's very, very simple.

Any stadium can generate an atmophere - it just needs the right type, and amount of fans to fill it. BP is a :censored: hole death trap, sorry, I mean it's full of character and charming. There's no atmosphere there either.

As for the planning proceedure and the residents objections? If it helps, my Mrs works in the planning dept at Rochdale council (she's good with the kids though....) and she says that generally, it doesn't matter how many objections there are - as long as a project doesn't break any planning regs or laws, it gets passed.

I have to say O4U I normally agree with most of your coments, but I am sure that the TA are working at getting the best deal for the corners.

The fact they nearly have signed up a 120 bed hotel with Premier Lodge or Travelelodge type company and a Cinema gives heart to that

I think they are forward thinking, it's the economy that is a major factor in getting someone to invest.

They might have a few potential investors lined up, I think it wrong to assume they have not thought oof it or are not pursiing it.

In general, not just at you, Why do most Oldhamers fear the worst EVERY time?

I'm sure they are doing their best.

I just look at the current state of play and assess that their best doesn't always meet the aspirations of fans.

If I feared the worst, I wouldn't be worrying about one corner of a new stadium. I'd be worrying about what's left of professional football in Oldham.

I hope they pull this deal off with massive success for Latics and for TTA.

I'm sick to death of all this "souless flat-pack carbon copy, one tier" bull:censored:. What do you people actually think we're going to be able to afford to build or even fill?? A mini Wembley?? Get a frickin grip. We're a League One (just) club with an average support of about 4k. Perhaps rising to 5-6k if we start to play well. Take a look at Wigan. Big ground with tall sides. And still half empty every game. Is that what you want??

The people of Oldham aren't going to suddenly pack out any stadium of ours regardless of design. Away fans aren't going to suddenly come in their droves if it's some spellbinding unique design. People are going to come or not dependant on the football. It's very, very simple.

Any stadium can generate an atmophere - it just needs the right type, and amount of fans to fill it. BP is a :censored: hole death trap, sorry, I mean it's full of character and charming. There's no atmosphere there either.

As for the planning proceedure and the residents objections? If it helps, my Mrs works in the planning dept at Rochdale council (she's good with the kids though....) and she says that generally, it doesn't matter how many objections there are - as long as a project doesn't break any planning regs or laws, it gets passed.

I would agree, all these flatpack stadiums acutally look like "new stadium's" and that is the issue. We could potentially make it look like a catherdral or a castle of the Imperial War Museum, but lets remember that OAFC is a loss making 3rd tier football club, which if was any sort of other business would have been wound up years ago.

Also, both Oldham Council and Manchester Council are investing a hell of a lot of money in the border areas in order to regenerate them. Hopefully Latics will be seen as a real positive influence to the area and that the local councillors make the right noises about Jobs and Investment at a time of recession. Perhaps they should also say that its not the football fans they should worry about breaking into houses/TA, but their jobless neighbours.

:applause1::chubb:

I'm stopping moaning, lets move ASAP! Can't wait to get into our new home!

We need to Petition what the ends will be called! And what potential stadium name will be, Reading the moaners on this thread

The "Souless" stadium sounds about right!

:blink:

I'm stopping moaning, lets move ASAP! Can't wait to get into our new home!

We need to Petition what the ends will be called! And what potential stadium name will be, Reading the moaners on this thread

The "Souless" stadium sounds about right!

:blink:

I said to AH at the consultation yesterday that they'd be mad not to try and sell the naming rights to Morrisons.

They're in huge competition in the area with the Tesco just down the road - "The Morrisons Community Stadium" anyone?

~Puts tin hat on~

I said to AH at the consultation yesterday that they'd be mad not to try and sell the naming rights to Morrisons.

They're in huge competition in the area with the Tesco just down the road - "The Morrisons Community Stadium" anyone?

~Puts tin hat on~

If it brings in £££ the can cal it what the hell they like....

Whilst others haven't enough about them to understand why their concerns are, in all probability, unfounded.

Well said.

Here's to the "New Boundary Park".

Edited by apple