meet the manager

It's all good PR. Maybe some mistakes are being learned from, plus an extra effort to get the fans onside. Certainly can't hurt.

Those who went to the fans forum soon after Ronnie Moore was appointed will (hopefully) remember it as a pretty positive event. Shame things didn't quite turn out as hoped back then, but that's no reason not to do it again.

It's all good PR. Maybe some mistakes are being learned from, plus an extra effort to get the fans onside. Certainly can't hurt.

Those who went to the fans forum soon after Ronnie Moore was appointed will (hopefully) remember it as a pretty positive event. Shame things didn't quite turn out as hoped back then, but that's no reason not to do it again.

Who said it didnt work out under moore?

A top half finish is a massive achievement for us now

Whoevers idea it was / is, well done. Even if I can't go to the forum, it's a step forward and a whata needed Imo.

An aim of the trust is to continually provide the club with ideas and assistance were possible.

It is something I wanted to hold within the next 10 days but this isnt possbile for a number of reasons

Many's the true word said (apparently) in jest

we're not doing going down this road again are we?

Comments and Posts in jest is one thing, but I think we all clearly know there are many on here who are not able to seperate fiction from the real world ??

please let me reply to ur pm and can u please let me have it please il not use the pm again thank you as a promised you.

Have you blown a gasket? Go for a lie down mate, it's getting late.

we're not doing going down this road again are we?

Comments and Posts in jest is one thing, but I think we all clearly know there are many on here who are not able to seperate fiction from the real world ??

Eh? I was only really agreeing with what you said in post 11 of this thread, and what you have told me personally in much more detail, and which tallies with what Simon Corney has said to me. Sort out what the Trust is actually doing, and where it starts and the Club stops and make it public and there won't be any confusion about who did what or who prevented who from doing anything. You just can't have it both ways, if the club stopped you doing something or stole the glory, just say so, if the Trust is too pussy to speak it's mind then it's sod all use anyway. Why hint at it, we can take the truth.

Eh? I was only really agreeing with what you said in post 11 of this thread, and what you have told me personally in much more detail, and which tallies with what Simon Corney has said to me. Sort out what the Trust is actually doing, and where it starts and the Club stops and make it public and there won't be any confusion about who did what or who prevented who from doing anything. You just can't have it both ways, if the club stopped you doing something or stole the glory, just say so, if the Trust is too pussy to speak it's mind then it's sod all use anyway. Why hint at it, we can take the truth.

You know something Andy, you again take personal agenda to add fuel and bitterness to contrive a meaning behind things I say !

Like a few things refers to half time entertainment I have worked on for next season.

Organising away travel next season for fans so the club dont lose money

help Boundary Blues so they dont lose money

Work with the community department so that the Oldham Athletic name and brand is seen in the wider community

Raise the profile of fans within the club and its marketing

Improve the match day experience of fans

and more...

Why should I sing I shout about what I have done, how I have saved the club money, how I have made the club money...

I have done this for the club on behalf of the Trust.

Now if Simon Corney as told you something different I ask you to let me know because I would be VERY interested to know what SC as said about the Trust to fans !!!

The club and Trust have one goal.... OAFC .. it doesnt start it doesnt stop it does and should work together... The trust supports the club were it can and ensures the bigger picture is looked at on behalf of the fans in general

No fuss on this chaps. We work together on many matters and this will be one of them. Paul Dickov is keen to meet fans and we see it as a way forward to arrange some sort of informal gathering.

A venue will be arranged and announced on the official site first.

Nothing sinister in all this we just want to involve fans, something that has been requested more and more recently.

Regards

Barry

No fuss on this chaps. We work together on many matters and this will be one of them. Paul Dickov is keen to meet fans and we see it as a way forward to arrange some sort of informal gathering.

A venue will be arranged and announced on the official site first.

Nothing sinister in all this we just want to involve fans, something that has been requested more and more recently.

Regards

Barry

So how much of this* is from the newish marketing guru (please say loads as it is his job)?

*The meeting, the email, etc...

None of it. Ther Board listens to fans. Many say that they felt there should be more communication with the manager.

Barry

Fair enough. What exactly does he do then, if this isn't his domain?

Just working with the community and 10% reductions on tracksuit tops?

Fair enough. What exactly does he do then, if this isn't his domain?

Just working with the community and 10% reductions on tracksuit tops?

Everyone puts the effort in . Guy W. does a full shift beleive me.

Barry

Everyone puts the effort in . Guy W. does a full shift beleive me.

Barry

Since he joined I think there has been a distinct increase in club to fan harmony.

I just wonder if he had a hand in this. Let's face it, a Neil (?) Joy makes a shed load of difference, and I hope he can be the same. If he isn't having an input in the new Dickov era, I think it's a step backwards. And by an input I mean making major decisions like organising manager:fan stuff and advising the manager to send out emails. Obviously not everything, but certainly a major input.

But, I'm not saying that Dickov, Hardy, the Trust shouldn't be exempt from putting forward ideas too.