vuvuzela horns

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont mind them until they start to give me a headache. or is that andy townsend

edit - also, if south africa were to ban the horns, they'd have to do it after every team played an equal amount of games becuase thatd be unfair on teams that have already played. its too late to ban them now. looks like we'll just have to put up with them for the next month

Edited by oafc-latics

i dont mind them until they start to give me a headache. or is that andy townsend

edit - also, if south africa were to ban the horns, they'd have to do it after every team played an equal amount of games becuase thatd be unfair on teams that have already played. its too late to ban them now. looks like we'll just have to put up with them for the next month

Ban them for the next round of games

I think what annoys me (apart from the God awful racket they make, spoiling the atmosphere) is that while they're bouncing up and down playing the bloody things, they don't seem to have much interest in the game. Or is it me?

There's even a supermarket near me selling the feckin' things for £1.99 a go. If anyone plays one anywhere near me, I'll insert it into most available orifice so bloody hard, the owner of it will have the dubious pleasure of being able to blow one end and suck the other.....

... simultaneously!

Can you gather I hate the soddin' things. :ranting:

Edited by Bristolatic

Dear FIFA

I was writing to say that the vuvuzela is so far ruining my world cup. Lots of people are saying this is the most boring world cup ever. I believe the vuvuzela contributes to this by ruining the atmosphere. People dont just watch football for the product on the pitch, its also about the atmosphere and adreneline. The GO ONNNNNNN of an attack, the OOOOOOHH missed chance, the collective intake of breath after a great tackle, all this has been lost by the seemingly incessant attacking of the stadium by a massive swarm of giant wasps. The games have the feel of friendlies and I believe this is because us viewers are losing a sense from the game. When you attend a game you have the sights, the sounds and the smells, on TV you obviously lose one of these senses and, thanks to the vuvuzela, we have now lost two. Anyway, this is just my opinion, but I felt strongly enough about it to voice it, thanks for the outlet.

Regards

Darren Kelly.

Hopefully someone, somewhere is compiling a list of the people who have written in to various organisations complaining about the vuvuzelas. And hopefully they will be added to a longer list of all those who have written letters of complaint to Points of View and the Daily Mail.

Com the revolution they will be second on my list. Behind Leeds fans.

And scousers.... third on my list behind Leeds fans and scousers.

And politicians... fourth on my list...

:unsure:

:getmecoat:

According to James Corden (so it probably isn't true) if a Vuvuzela gets thrown onto the pitch when the game is in play they ALL get banned- pay attention Razza.

are you advocating I should chuck some on the pitch ? ;) B)

Edited by razza699

Some of them. The ones who are WRONG. <_<

but fifa say he might ban them, i hate them so ive chucked my two penneth in. it might, just might, have a teeny tiny effect.

meanwhile you make pointless posts that drift into cyberspace and mean nothing.

you need to re plan your LIST.

:grin:

but fifa say he might ban them, i hate them so ive chucked my two penneth in. it might, just might, have a teeny tiny effect.

meanwhile you make pointless posts that drift into cyberspace and mean nothing.

you need to re plan your LIST.

:grin:

:lol:

My LIST gets replanned on a regular basis.

Last time me and the brother-in-law worked on our own final solution over a few beers there were 9 people left. <_<

We was singing a lot at the England game....

Probably the positioning of the microphones, but there have now been two occasions when the crowd can be heard (and I've watched every game), other than actual goals being cheered.

Mehico last night. The other U.S.A, against our lot.

At the ground the African Trumpets may be okay, but on the telly there is next to no atmosphere. It'll probably get better now that next to no one is turning up to games as South Africa are nigh on out.

Probably the positioning of the microphones, but there have now been two occasions when the crowd can be heard (and I've watched every game), other than actual goals being cheered.

Mehico last night. The other U.S.A, against our lot.

At the ground the African Trumpets may be okay, but on the telly there is next to no atmosphere. It'll probably get better now that next to no one is turning up to games as South Africa are nigh on out.

At the games I went to all the foreigners were blowing them...