Latics Look To Change Fixtures

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but i am just not buying that the primary reason for switching the rochdale game is "to give the players a rest"

What a load of b******s.

Agreed, it also gives the opposition a days rest, so all things are equal aren't they ?

It's an absolute joke. Obviously not thinking about the fans at all. I can't imagine there are many (if any) fans that would want either game moved from 3pm on a bank holiday to 7.45pm on the Tuesday night. I know police costs are higher on the bank holiday, but they are higher for every club. If TTA didn't want to pay costs associated with running a football club and actually playing games, then they shouldn't have bought the damn thing.

It's pointless emailing Hardy. Be better off emailing 'Dale and Walsalls chief execs and telling them that they should tell Latis where to go.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

With the two grounds only a few miles apart I don’t see the gate being much different to a Monday night at 7.45pm

Alan

The game is not on a Monday at 7.45pm its a 3.00pm.... Maybe this is where Alan is going wrong

Probably best someone inform the club that the game is in fact at 3pm on Monday. Maybe we will all get our wish and see a decent match with a decent crowd on a Saturday and actually be entertained at BP for once. Highly doubt it though, the players need their rest?!?!

What a crock, if people honestly believe the club want to change the fixture due to Dickov wanting an extra days rest for the players then your mental. Its the same old story of the club NOT putting the fans first yet again.

Id rather someone from the club just came out and said "you know it, we're skint and we would rather not pay a higher policing bill, we're sorry but that's that".

Players need an extra days rest, laughable.

What's really frustrating is that the FL computer is programmed to throw out local derbies on bank holidays. Why didn't we expressly ask for this not to happen?

Surely Rochdale on a Saturday would have been a much better proposition than a Tuesday night?

I have to work to earn money during the week, too many games swithced to school nights meaning that I can't make it to the ground (as well as other things the club has done to piss me off) has meant that I have not renewed my Season Ticket this year.

This is just another example of how valued we are to the club.

Sad, sad, sad.

:disappointed:

And also angry

:angry:

Im really angry over this. I bought a season ticket again and was really looking forward to the 'Dale game. It will be very difficult for me to attend on a Tuesday evening. Is this the end of local derbys on a bank holiday or Saturday?

It would seem so, along with any other fixture that brings a large following and gets moved to week days due to Police advise mmmm. These Police deal with far worse in a season than Sheffield Weds/Leeds coming to Oldham on a saturday..

What would happen if we ever got the the championship with large followings from clubs such as Wolves, Burnley etc etc etc

Edited by NIKI1234

It would seem so, along with any other fixture that brings a large following and gets moved to week days due to Police advise mmmm. These Police deal with far worse in a season than Sheffield Weds/Leeds coming to Oldham on a saturday....

Police advice is just an excuse. It's police costs that's the governing factor.

I think it's more down to the police than to do with the club regarding the Dale games. Soon as Rochdale got promoted there was no chance on earth the GMP were having Oldham v Rochdale or vice versa on a Saturday arvo or a bank holiday. There was chaos when we played them in the Carling cup a few seasons back and even trouble between the 2 sets of fans every other week through out the current season so there was zero chance of it being a weekend fixture. I would also expect Huddersfield away to be changed to a Tuesday night aswell as the Yorkie police wont want that on a Saturday arvo.

I think it's more down to the police than to do with the club regarding the Dale games. Soon as Rochdale got promoted there was no chance on earth the GMP were having Oldham v Rochdale or vice versa on a Saturday arvo or a bank holiday. There was chaos when we played them in the Carling cup a few seasons back and even trouble between the 2 sets of fans every other week through out the current season so there was zero chance of it being a weekend fixture. I would also expect Huddersfield away to be changed to a Tuesday night aswell as the Yorkie police wont want that on a Saturday arvo.

The police must be wimps nowadays, they never asked us to rearrange fixtures during the 80s when we were in the old first division. Staning on the terraces as well then!

But the same Police can deal with 75000 fans at OT when Leeds come to town and Man city and Liverpool and then vice versa at the retun fixtures but they can deal with the hooligan threat of Oldham vs Dale on a saturday

Is Burnley v Blackburn GMP that was a saturday?

Edited by NIKI1234

I would be gutted if it got moved from the bank holiday Monday to a Tuesday night. It's bad enough that the game at Spotland is a Tuesday night without both of them being night matches. Both our matches with Huddersfield are Tuesday nights aswell.

I try to refrain from criticisng the club as i recognise it can be quite a costly business and they try to do the best they can.

Can't say i agree with this though, i echo other sentiments on here, this seems a cost cutting measure too far. It seems all our big games on Tuesday's now!

I could accept the fixture list as it was, no fault of the club as it was out of its hands who we got and when (requests to the football league aside if they made any), at least we got one Dale derby games to look forward at a decent time, but no the club decides to shoot itself in the foot seemingly. Surely the cost of policing will be less than what we might lose due to the number of people not being able to make it for a night game?

I try to refrain from criticisng the club as i recognise it can be quite a costly business and they try to do the best they can.

Can't say i agree with this though, i echo other sentiments on here, this seems a cost cutting measure too far. It seems all our big games on Tuesday's now!

I could accept the fixture list as it was, no fault of the club as it was out of its hands who we got and when (requests to the football league aside if they made any), at least we got one Dale derby games to look forward at a decent time, but no the club decides to shoot itself in the foot seemingly. Surely the cost of policing will be less than what we might lose due to the number of people not being able to make it for a night game?

Correct, lets hope Alan Hardy changes his mind.

My hubby has renewed his season ticket this year and he works away during the week.

Looking at the Tuesday night games he is going to miss:

Exeter

hartlepool

Sheff Weds

Walsall

With now the possibility if they fiddle with the Rochdale bank holiday game.

factor in any cancelled games during the winter/cup runs too that will be re-arranged. It means the will probably miss a quarter of home games.

Missing the biggies of Sheff Weds & poss Rochdale are not going to make him a happy bunny and again, will make him consider buying a ST next year.

Please OAFC, don't be fiddling, think of the fans

Get real, Oldham/Rochdale was never going to be a 3pm game on a Saturday or BHM, you only have to look at the Carling Cup game for evidence of that, the police are making the right decision to cut trouble out, and the bonus is we get an extra rest, now stop moaning.

My hubby has renewed his season ticket this year and he works away during the week.

Looking at the Tuesday night games he is going to miss:

Exeter

hartlepool

Sheff Weds

Walsall

With now the possibility if they fiddle with the Rochdale bank holiday game.

factor in any cancelled games during the winter/cup runs too that will be re-arranged. It means the will probably miss a quarter of home games.

Missing the biggies of Sheff Weds & poss Rochdale are not going to make him a happy bunny and again, will make him consider buying a ST next year.

Please OAFC, don't be fiddling, think of the fans

I will have his season ticket for the Wednesday game for a small sum. :wink:

Well it's upto Hardy what he wants. 3,000 dale fans on a bank holiday monday 3pm kick off or 1500/2000 on a tuesday night.

The dibble cant be that scared that the infamous Young Chosen Few are coming to Oldham. :lol::lol:

Get real, Oldham/Rochdale was never going to be a 3pm game on a Saturday or BHM, you only have to look at the Carling Cup game for evidence of that, the police are making the right decision to cut trouble out, and the bonus is we get an extra rest, now stop moaning.

So Latics fans have to lose a bank holiday fixture because a few nutters are expected to cause trouble..hooligans win again so that's ok ?

So Latics fans have to lose a bank holiday fixture because a few nutters are expected to cause trouble..hooligans win again so that's ok ?

Preventing trouble is the most important thing, moving the fixture will help sort that problem. Why can't you go on the Tuesday?

Preventing trouble is the most important thing, moving the fixture will help sort that problem. Why can't you go on the Tuesday?

Its already shown on here by many posters that they have bank holiday off, but have to work a late shift on the Tuesday.

The nutters should not dictate what days Latics play.