Catching up on Latics World last night, I was particularly impressed with this lads attitude. :imnotworthy: Rightly or wrongly, I now feel a tad guilty over my quite scathing criticism of his woeful performance last term and hope he can ge back on track and start delivering on the promise I thought he showed early doors.

Furthermore, it's been pointed out to me that he's a smart looking lad ( <_< ) so perhaps the club ought to consider teaming him up with Greegs for any forthcoming promotional work.

Catching up on Latics World last night, I was particularly impressed with this lads attitude. :imnotworthy: Rightly or wrongly, I now feel a tad guilty over my quite scathing criticism of his woeful performance last term and hope he can ge back on track and start delivering on the promise I thought he showed early doors.

Furthermore, it's been pointed out to me that he's a smart looking lad ( <_< ) so perhaps the club ought to consider teaming him up with Greegs for any forthcoming promotional work.

Blacky used to go to the school i work at. He's a nice lad who works hard and i think he was improving towards the end of last season. Hopefully this will continue.

Not seen the Player interview but I think they posted an article on the Fishal picking out the main bits.

I didn’t know he was a local lad & Latics fan until I read it; thought it was only Taylor (and Allott when he was here) that were Tic’s. It really shouldn’t effect how you view a player; but it does to me actually.

Knowing he’s “one of us” puts a new slant on it in a very superficial way.

Black is still only a prospect. He's raw (like all of the other youngsters we have) and has lots to improve on in his game BUT, in the last few games he strung together at the end of the season he showed a glimmer, a flicker of real talent IMO. I felt more comfortable with him at LB than I did / do with Lomax there; and TBH; he looked a better bet than JJ too on his (JJ) showings before his injury.

Blacks still a good way from being a ‘finished’ Left Back, but unless someone new is brought in; he’d start the season as 1st choice LB for me.

Edited by Ackey

Not seen the Player interview but I think they posted an article on the Fishal picking out the main bits.

I didn’t know he was a local lad & Latics fan until I read it; thought it was only Taylor (and Allott when he was here) that were Tic’s. It really shouldn’t effect how you view a player; but it does to me actually.

Knowing he’s “one of us” puts a new slant on it in a very superficial way.

Black is still only a prospect. He's raw (like all of the other youngsters we have) and has lots to improve on in his game BUT, in the last few games he strung together at the end of the season he showed a glimmer, a flicker of real talent IMO. I felt more comfortable with him at LB than I did / do with Lomax there; and TBH; he looked a better bet than JJ too on his (JJ) showings before his injury.

Blacks still a good way from being a ‘finished’ Left Back, but unless someone new is brought in; he’d start the season as 1st choice LB for me.

Only thing counting against Black is his height, other than that he is a good league one left back for his age.

Also i think a few of the other youth products that are here are tics, smalley is one, i think brooke is another, alessandra maybe but we nicked him from dale i believe.

Only thing counting against Black is his height, other than that he is a good league one left back for his age.

Also i think a few of the other youth products that are here are tics, smalley is one, i think brooke is another, alessandra maybe but we nicked him from dale i believe.

Black is listed as 6ft, so that's not a problem really.

Smalley is a dirty red unfortunately. Brooke isn't a Tic either; he's from posh Cheshire and is a ManUre lover too..... :disappointed:

Black is listed as 6ft, so that's not a problem really.

I must be 6ft 3in at leas then.. :unsure:

Smalley is a dirty red unfortunately. Brooke isn't a Tic either; he's from posh Cheshire and is a ManUre lover too..... :disappointed:

Always thught he was an oldham boy? He went to Our Ladys in Royton and was a tic supporter i heard..

I must be 6ft 3in at leas then.. :unsure:

Always thught he was an oldham boy? He went to Our Ladys in Royton and was a tic supporter i heard..

Read an interview with him where he 'fessed up. After I'd stuck up for him and everything. I scrubbed myself with a loofer until I bled.

smalleys got the record for 200m for his age at our ladys, wish he'd use that in actual games

Given that the pitch is only 100m or so long, it may not be that much use!

In fairness, he does show pace. Unfortunately that means the ball tends to rolls out of play near the corner flag for a goal-kick slightly faster than it does when Joe Colbeck plays on the right.

from what i've seen i think the same, totally over-rated at the back end of last season, i know he's young and room for improvement, but didn't stand out particulary well.

:blink:

Blue pizza sorry lad but you think the sun shines out of :censored:'s arse! bet you thought eardley was crap ?

Black is what 20 years old ? and is improving all the time. His attidude towards training and his self development is class.

we will see in the next few seasons what black is capable of and then maybe you could write another email to the current manager about keeping black at the club.

:blink:

Blue pizza sorry lad but you think the sun shines out of :censored:'s arse! bet you thought eardley was crap ?

Black is what 20 years old ? and is improving all the time. His attidude towards training and his self development is class.

we will see in the next few seasons what black is capable of and then maybe you could write another email to the current manager about keeping black at the club.

:censored: is miles better than Paul Black. Fact.

maybe so but the fact is paul black is not crap. if he was "crap" he wouldnt be kept on at a pro club for so many years. :censored: may be better but he is not as good as you think. i can name a load more players who are better than him in lower league.

you just need to come out of :censored:'s arse and see the real world.

maybe so but the fact is paul black is not crap. if he was "crap" he wouldnt be kept on at a pro club for so many years. :censored: may be better but he is not as good as you think. i can name a load more players who are better than him in lower league.

you just need to come out of :censored:'s arse and see the real world.

Black looked decidely average from what i've seen, as i said before he might have potential but how long do you wait to see it.

I'd agree with that.

I only speak in fact.

I don't know about miles better. Maybe metres.

Come into a poxy league one club and played over 25 games for them, on the books of a premier league club, compared to what Black has done? Definatley more than metres.