Can you really blame TTA?

It's a wonder they have backed us for so long, no one can sustain losses on the scale they have forever. Personally I can only thank them for their backing and wish them luck....

Now it would appear the hard times are back and we as fans are just gong to accept whatever is left... here or in Failsworth.

Thanks as well must go to Simon Corney, not sure how long he can continue to support us and can only hope for his sake there is some help out there in he form of another investor.

Let's hope there is!

Er...........Yeh!!!!

They may have initially rescued us from oblivion for which we should be eternally grateful, however, their decision making since, on just about everything you care to mention has been catastrophic!!!!

OMBC can take much of the blame, however, if Simon Corney followed suit and sailed off into the sunset could we honestly say we are in a much better position than we were 7 years ago!!!

Er...........Yeh!!!!

They may have initially rescued us from oblivion for which we should be eternally grateful, however, their decision making since, on just about everything you care to mention has been catastrophic!!!!

OMBC can take much of the blame, however, if Simon Corney followed suit and sailed off into the sunset could we honestly say we are in a much better position than we were 7 years ago!!!

Probably are - We wont be losing approx £50000 a week.

It's a wonder they have backed us for so long, no one can sustain losses on the scale they have forever. Personally I can only thank them for their backing and wish them luck....

Now it would appear the hard times are back and we as fans are just gong to accept whatever is left... here or in Failsworth.

Thanks as well must go to Simon Corney, not sure how long he can continue to support us and can only hope for his sake there is some help out there in he form of another investor.

Let's hope there is!

I actually don't blame them in the slightest.

Er...........Yeh!!!!

Er Yeh!!! the club was a week or two from going under????????????????? oafc1855

Irespective of what you personally think of TTA the money invested has kept us afloat and was say you or me who had made our fortunes in the commercial world through working hard....why would you continue to pour it down and Oldham drain when they have had no backing at all from any angle especially the Council!

Edited by bluesue

The second of my Nineteen Eighty Four references in two days. Doublethink. I can accept two contradictory opinions: appreciate and despise at the same time.

Okay, they kept us going. We existed. And thanks for all that, cheers. However I still think we can blame them. The alleged infighting, difference of opinions, reactive management rather than pro-active, a series of seemingly legendary blunders with commercial issues, apparent instances of being heavily influenced by the web-based Latix community, on occasion very poor PR skills, and there are probably more than I can remember or care to write at this time.

I feel like as a leisure business it was treading water for some time, they struggled, found it increasingly difficult to operate in this climate, and ultimately got squeezed out of the game.

To be honest though, I'd rather have the other two than Corney, and not just because of the money either. Any. Day. Of. The. Week. I wish it was he that was walking, I can't get beyond the idea that Simon Corney is the problem here.

yes i can blame them.

id say around 20%, with 20% going on the fans, 10% the oldham public and the rest can be lumped on the council.

A million miles wide of the mark as ever.

If we must play the blame game, it's a good 75% on the fans and the apathy and resistance to change of the backward thinking morons who inhabit this dead end :censored: hole of a town. With the rest on TTA's mistakes.

The council? What exactly have they done wrong? The BP planning delay was entirely insignificant, and since then they've been trying to HELP the club get a new stadium development off the ground. And don't forget, the council is elected by those apathetic, resistant to change backward thinking morons I mentioned.

The second of my Nineteen Eighty Four references in two days. Doublethink. I can accept two contradictory opinions: appreciate and despise at the same time.

Okay, they kept us going. We existed. And thanks for all that, cheers. However I still think we can blame them. The alleged infighting, difference of opinions, reactive management rather than pro-active, a series of seemingly legendary blunders with commercial issues, apparent instances of being heavily influenced by the web-based Latix community, on occasion very poor PR skills, and there are probably more than I can remember or care to write at this time.

I feel like as a leisure business it was treading water for some time, they struggled, found it increasingly difficult to operate in this climate, and ultimately got squeezed out of the game.

To be honest though, I'd rather have the other two than Corney, and not just because of the money either. Any. Day. Of. The. Week. I wish it was he that was walking, I can't get beyond the idea that Simon Corney is the problem here.

What he said.

A million miles wide of the mark as ever.

If we must play the blame game, it's a good 75% on the fans and the apathy and resistance to change of the backward thinking morons who inhabit this dead end :censored: hole of a town. With the rest on TTA's mistakes.

The council? What exactly have they done wrong? The BP planning delay was entirely insignificant, and since then they've been trying to HELP the club get a new stadium development off the ground. And don't forget, the council is elected by those apathetic, resistant to change backward thinking morons I mentioned.

:blink: an inifnate amount of miles wide, as ever

insignificant? the crash that has scared off tta came in the delay.

insignificant? the crash that has scared off tta came in the delay.

Arguable. So if there had been no delay what would have happened? We'd have started building when the crash hit and would have lost millions. That delay possibly saved us from oblivion.

(Ok, it just delayed the oblivion a bit as things have turned out).

Besides, to blame "the council" for throwing out the original application shows a complete lack of understanding as to how it works. The failure was that TTA did not manage to persuade the individual members of the planning committee that their plan should go through. Oh, and remember the double dealing of the LABOUR members of that committee - one of whom the morons of Royton re-elected this May.

I must say if i was Blitz and i came onto these boards, having thrown hundreds of thousands of pounds away, which i will never ever get back.. and i was being blamed (even 20% wtf?) id be pretty damn mad. Some people need to realise without backing from people like this we wont last until next week. And 350 quid a year on a season ticket doesnt come close to running the club, or give anyone the right to start dishing out blame. So hes come here and left with his wallet a lot thinner and said enough is enough, he isnt the first, he wont be the last. So why dont we have the grace to say thankyou for your time and money, instead of doing everything down all the time. That is unless anyone on here wants to throw everything they have worked hard for into this club until you have nothing left, then we will attribute you a percentage of blame!

no we wouldnt because tta would have sold the land before they allowed building, the losers would have been the builders.

the council turfs people out of their homes and allows private companies to build 'better' ones for different people. so they could quite easily have told the coffin dodgers that the football ground was there when they bought their houses, and the owners of the land are building some new houses aswell.

when they messed that up and they decided to help by proposing the failsworth ground, they met new resistance. the key point being the land is not theirs to give, the land has been protected since the 1940's. so what do the council do? they check the records back to the 1970's then smuggly announce they can give the land away. this annoys the resistance even more, so much more that they bother to check the real records and hey presto the council cant do this.

so we get more wasted months of

yes we can

no you cant

yes we can

no you cant

meanwhile two amigos think 'sod this crappy backwards town and its retaded council, were going home'

in light of this, though, i do think i charged headlong onto my percentages. and whilst not a million miles away, they are right now

5% tta

45% oldham full stop. the fans, the none fans, the dodgers, the weather, the resistance

54% the council

1% the council logo

I must say if i was Blitz and i came onto these boards, having thrown hundreds of thousands of pounds away, which i will never ever get back.. and i was being blamed (even 20% wtf?) id be pretty damn mad. Some people need to realise without backing from people like this we wont last until next week. And 350 quid a year on a season ticket doesnt come close to running the club, or give anyone the right to start dishing out blame. So hes come here and left with his wallet a lot thinner and said enough is enough, he isnt the first, he wont be the last. So why dont we have the grace to say thankyou for your time and money, instead of doing everything down all the time. That is unless anyone on here wants to throw everything they have worked hard for into this club until you have nothing left, then we will attribute you a percentage of blame!

his wallet wont be lighter in the long run, he hasnt given us anything, hes lent it to us.

Yeah course he has mate, im sure hes gonna get paid back when we start making some money.. oh wait a second.

i think you need to go back through all of what tta have said, mate. you need to take a look at what they originally said the bp site was worth, and the cost of the failsworth ground.

failing that you can have a look at the amount of land they have aquired, mate.

they havent given us anything, mate.

i think you need to go back through all of what tta have said, mate. you need to take a look at what they originally said the bp site was worth, and the cost of the failsworth ground.

failing that you can have a look at the amount of land they have aquired, mate.

they havent given us anything, mate.

So do you expect them to invest everything blindly and not protect themselves at all? Im pretty sure none of them will leave Latics richer, thats why i stand by my comments, and i think that if you attribute 20% blame to them.. then you need to get a lot better... mate.

well im pretty sure they will. time will tell, at least ill be happy if im wrong, pal.

for the record, even if they do leave here richer id say well done. if anybody is stupid enough to think they would have saved us, without the land and the potential profits, then theyre very silly indeed.

Rummy: fair enough but a lot of the points there are "alledged" and so is it fair to hold them against the owners' time in charge? I'd argue the biggest issue has been that they have still got questions to answer over the land.

The Council: undoubtedly Oldham Council have dropped the ball on public development issues in Oldham at times, but let's not scapegoat them. My old man works there and (despite being open-eyed and critical where appropriate) he tells some very different tales and perspectives about some of the things that have gone on. At the end of the day, OMBC doesn't exist to support sport in Oldham and the Liberal Council torpedoed the golf course, the local councillor humped sportspark 2000 (or whatever it was called), that sad-sack bloke bangs on about Ina Clayton all the time and so on and so forth.

Self-interest hits Oldham more than the Council ever will. Not least because politicians exist to get elected and there are too many local pot-nobs willing to spout off about NIMBY issues to expect the Council to risk upsetting them.

Let's not get excitable to make ourselves feel better by blaming a faceless entity.

Okay, not blame - nothing praiseworthy then. Yes, all right - apart from holding the fort. Just holding it, mind. For whatever reason there's been no progress at all, and in fact in a lot of ways we're worse now than we were at the beginning of their reign.

I can't blame Corney, he's just - well, not very good at this lark.

You're only as good as your last success, and I'm struggling to find out what Corney's was over the last six or seven years.

Okay, not blame - nothing praiseworthy then. Yes, all right - apart from holding the fort. Just holding it, mind. For whatever reason there's been no progress at all, and in fact in a lot of ways we're worse now than we were at the beginning of their reign.

I can't blame Corney, he's just - well, not very good at this lark.

You're only as good as your last success, and I'm struggling to find out what Corney's was over the last six or seven years.

That I'd definitely agree with - for whatever reason too many of the interested parties in OAFC have been holding the fort.

My biggest peev for some time now has been the lack of a coherent strategy going forward for the club; too many changes in playing personnel every close season being a particular pet hate. I for one do not want to point fingers at the board per se - from what I can see they have put consistently competitive budgets at Sheridan's disposal and seemed to go after good players aggressively; Davies, Kilkenny and Hughes being points in case. However, was enough done to try and lay the foundations of a continually successful side? Look at Moores era and for all the disaster of the ending, had we held on one more year then we had Armstrong, Hall, Murray, Low, Andrews and Hill all at ages where they could fulfil long-term roles within the team. I don't see that under the present management we have ever taken the long-term approach and signed young talent on a decent wage with a long contract to allow for us to build momentum and identity. Instead we have parachuted people in and out willy-nilly with 20 or so transactions every close season.

Taking the focus away from the board; have the Council ever put together a coherent strategy for supporting sporting clubs in the town? At amateur level the pitches are awful, cricket manages itself, rugby league is a disaster story and now the football team is playing in a three-sided wreck. Regardless of the fact that I cannot blame them for everything you have to think that their input has been to wait and hope that it all turns out for the best. Meanwhile other local towns have attracted investment and looked to move beyond us; I cannot see what has been done to arrest the decline.

Interesting view...couldn't agree more!

I'm thinking though, and hoping, that Corney can't personally afford for it to go wrong now. It would not surprise me in the slightest if the situation is that Blitz and Gazal don't feel Failsworth can be delivered in the timeframe set out but Corney still does. The worry will come if Corney can't deliver, as I expect a lot of his fortune will rest on its success...will a Chris Moore style exit then take place? Or worse?

Let's hope it all works out eh!