Trust.. The on going debate

rudemedic

It is your opinion and one been you have gained by not asking any of the question you have self answered and unfortunately got wrong

For instance?

Have the club ever asked you for any of 'your' money, have they asked you to buy any machinery, kit, financial support? Is it that you've just thought, it'd be a good idea if we bought this or that!! Would the club have bought them anyway, if they needed them?

A request was made to the Trust by both TTA and CEO for help of financial support. A later supported request was made by the head groundsman as his budget would not accommodate the equipment he needed to ensure the training and playing pitchs were maintained.

With the help given to the groundstaff the BP pitch was in the top 3 pitches in our league and Lee thanked the fans for helping provide the rquipment to make that possible.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A request was made to the Trust by both TTA and CEO for help of financial support. A later supported request was made by the head groundsman as his budget would not accommodate the equipment he needed to ensure the training and playing pitchs were maintained.

With the help given to the groundstaff the BP pitch was in the top 3 pitches in our league and Lee thanked the fans for helping provide the equipment to make that possible.

Although that may be true.

Can I make the request you give me free money too?

£100,000 will do.

I'll build you a new stadium, and keep you involved in OAFC. You can even sit at my dinner table. Honest.

But I need that free money still. Mmmmm free money.

I like your intentions. But Smartz is right. Every single one who put money in has just paid a rich man a few pounds.

Joining Trust Oldham is one of the easy ways at the moment you can help the club.

When you join the Trust, the membership donation helps to support the club in a variety of ways. The money is used to provide assistance where and when needed to help not just the club itself but the youth set up and groundstaff.

We plan to raise money in many different ways over the next few months, all with the intension of supporting the club if needed.

Your £5 donation will help the club in many ways. Your Trust Membership will also help you the fan !

Coming soon will be a list of a number of places and companies were being a Trust Member will give you discounts and extra offers. You will also recieve discounts at all trust events.

Join the Trust in 3 different EASY ways

New Trust Website www.trustoldham.co.uk

Shouldnt this be on the Trust section of the forum?

With the help given to the groundstaff the BP pitch was in the top 3 pitches in our league and Lee thanked the fans for helping provide the rquipment to make that possible.

self answered and unfortunately got wrong

See, I actually asked a question then asked another, never answered my own :wink:

All I'm saying is, would the club have funded these purchases if the trust didn't have the money or the position within the club? Would they have financed it outside of the budget just like they have with the players outside of the original playing budget?

Although that may be true.

Can I make the request you give me free money too?

£100,000 will do.

I'll build you a new stadium, and keep you involved in OAFC. You can even sit at my dinner table. Honest.

But I need that free money still. Mmmmm free money.

I like your intentions. But Smartz is right. Every single one who put money in has just paid a rich man a few pounds.

£100,000... would be an unreasonable request so it would be declined :wink:

No money that we give would EVER go direct persons at the club ! If anything we eith pay the bill or buy the item needed.

Due to a relationship with a fan who owns a business connected to the request and funding acquired, we bought the equipmey for over £400 less than RRP.

It works to ways, the money not spent by the club on the equipment was available for the wages or loan fee of a signing....

Which is very honourable but not, in my opinion, the Trust's role. The Trust should be about safeguarding the club's future and not a club fundraiser for day-to-day expenses which is what its chairman seems to believe is all it can be.

self answered and unfortunately got wrong

See, I actually asked a question then asked another, never answered my own :wink:

All I'm saying is, would the club have funded these purchases if the trust didn't have the money or the position within the club? Would they have financed it outside of the budget just like they have with the players outside of the original playing budget?

No, the equipment wasnt urgent and vital to the pitch, the work could have been done by the groundstaff but the equipment meant over 4 hours was saved in man hours worked.

The way I looked at the requested was that the pitch is vital for the team, not only the playing surface to play but to ensure that games go ahead in bad weather.

Stockport Countys pitch is prime example, no work was done with it unlike ours and they had double missed games which caused loss of match day revenue.

The fact we got a massive saving on the equipment also helped :wink:

Which is very honourable but not, in my opinion, the Trust's role. The Trust should be about safeguarding the club's future and not a club fundraiser for day-to-day expenses which is what its chairman seems to believe is all it can be.

The way I looked at the requested was that the pitch is vital for the team, not only the playing surface to play but to ensure that games go ahead in bad weather.

Stockport Countys pitch is prime example, no work was done with it unlike ours and they had double missed games which caused loss of match day revenue.

We struggled by have 3 or 4 postponned I honestly done know what it would have been like if 5 or 6 gams were cancelled

£100,000... would be an unreasonable request so it would be declined :wink:

No money that we give would EVER go direct persons at the club ! If anything we eith pay the bill or buy the item needed.

Due to a relationship with a fan who owns a business connected to the request and funding acquired, we bought the equipmey for over £400 less than RRP.

It works to ways, the money not spent by the club on the equipment was available for the wages or loan fee of a signing....

Was it though, who told you that? Did the club just thank you and carry on regardless?

No, the equipment wasnt urgent and vital to the pitch, the work could have been done by the groundstaff but the equipment meant over 4 hours was saved in man hours worked.

The fact we got a massive saving on the equipment also helped :wink:

We struggled by have 3 or 4 postponned I honestly done know what it would have been like if 5 or 6 gams were cancelled

Valiant effort mate but you're going nowhere with this!!!

As i said, not got a gripe with any individual but with the concept of the trust itself!

The only thing you've achieved is to allow the owners to knock on your door and 'utilise' our money.

Valiant effort mate but you're going nowhere with this!!!

As i said, not got a gripe with any individual but with the concept of the trust itself!

The only thing you've achieved is to allow the owners to knock on your door and 'utilise' our money.

I take no personal offense to anything mentioned. I just want people to know the reasoning and background of comments when not always correct.

I've been saying this for months. I was a member of the Trust a few seasons ago. I will not re-join to help fund things the club's owner(s) should be funding.

If there was a guarantee all Trust's funds would be there for us, the fans, to cushion the blow when Corney walks (matter of when, not if, IMHO), I would happily pay towards a worthwhile cause. However, it seems a bit late, 10s and 10s of thousands of pounds later, the Trust finds itself in a weak position, at the club's beck and call, with precedents that have been set.

I've been saying this for months. I was a member of the Trust a few seasons ago. I will not re-join to help fund things the club's owner(s) should be funding.

If there was a guarantee all Trust's funds would be there for us, the fans, to cushion the blow when Corney walks (matter of when, not if, IMHO), I would happily pay towards a worthwhile cause. However, it seems a bit late, 10s and 10s of thousands of pounds later, the Trust finds itself in a weak position, at the club's beck and call, with precedents that have been set.

I would consider rejoining in spite of that actually, if the voting policies were changed. Under current rules members have no influence in the decision of who is Chairman. If members vote someone off the Trust board, the remainder of the board can co-opt that person back on. And, worst of all, Barry, as Chairman, can veto any nomination of a director, meaning if anyone were looking to put themselves forward as a possible alternative Chairman, he could block their nomination to the board.

Meanwhile, good old Baz, man of the fans, avoids posting on here, because he's so out of touch with the people he purports to represent, that he consistently manages to put his foot in it, on the rare occasions that he does post.

I would consider rejoining in spite of that actually, if the voting policies were changed. Under current rules members have no influence in the decision of who is Chairman. If members vote someone off the Trust board, the remainder of the board can co-opt that person back on. And, worst of all, Barry, as Chairman, can veto any nomination of a director, meaning if anyone were looking to put themselves forward as a possible alternative Chairman, he could block their nomination to the board.

Meanwhile, good old Baz, man of the fans, avoids posting on here, because he's so out of touch with the people he purports to represent, that he consistently manages to put his foot in it, on the rare occasions that he does post.

Yeah. Wasn't even going to go into my issues with Big Bad Baz and a few of the Trust Directors, along with a distrust of them, and therefore of how the Trust is run.

Edited by maddog

1.) Its not Stockport's pitch

2.) The team that owns the pitch is called Sale Sharks and they play this game called Rugby Union. In Rugby Union they have this thing called a scrum where the force of a LGV (and near to the weight of one too) cuts up a pitch really well. Not to mention Rugby Union tends to get played in more severe weather conditions than football.

3.) Stockport County could have the Rolls Royce of tractors and a team of groundsman who have all been headhunted to be chief greenskeeper at St. Andrew's and their pitch would still be :censored:

I can tell you what would have happened if we had 5 or 6 games postponed- Mr. Corney would have been in the press and moaned about loosing £30k in pies alone (despite the pies being the responsability of the catering company). Barry Owen would have got the trust to give the club some money (as apparently we can't save it for a rainy day). Then some rich Jewish blokes who are from North London, had no previous connection to the club prior to buying it for what it was worth then (and is now) £1, and supposedly run this massive telecommunications company but can't seemingly run a drinking session in brewery if its connected to a football club wouldn't have lost as much money. On the plus side, you, Barry, Lookers Carl, and any other trust board member would have had pie for breakfast, lunch and tea until they started going off (which since I suspect they are freezable is never).

In Rugby Union they have this thing called a scrum where the force of a LGV (and near to the weight of one too) cuts up a pitch really well.

Even though a supporter of the the other code, I can't let this pass without adding that it's mainly the ruck (and maybe mauls too) that churn up the turf, as the feet are used by the players (mass) to move the ball about (or ruck) as they cannot use hands.

We should never have bought the 3% holding...

We should still have that money WE raised in the trust accounts...

We should of been building that fund up over the last seven years and not giving more money to pay for things the owners should be paying for...

The trust should ballot the membership to elect the "fan on the board"...

Anyone should be able to stand who can command the support of the majority of the members...

BUT that is all in the past...

So what now...

We should start doing all the things we should of been doing from the start... It is never too later to start doing things right... but giving what I have been reading on here from various people involved with the Trust, they want to carry on with business as usual...

It just feels like many fans have given up on the trust and given the comments and fall outs over the last week I can't see people re-engaging with it. So I think the only real option is to find another owner who is willing to lose £15k a week for the foreseeable future... Talk of the trust is just an interesting distraction.

I would say we have gone nowhere in the last seven years but that would be unfair... at least we aren't losing £50k a week... then again at least the council owned the stadium...

We need to find out what is going on with the land first and foremost because at the moment we seem to be in a really naff situation. Agree though, there's no point crying over spilt milk and I don't recall huge cries of dissent way back when the Trust made a number of these operational decisions. Bit harsh to hammer them after the event.

Also on the Trust we shouldn't be losing sight of the fact that they are fans doing a job that not everyone wants to do, so let's stop carping and start thinking. We need the Trust to look into the club's options as of right now - what is the situation with BP; how much it cost, how much it is worth, prices on the Failsworth deal, is that still an option etc etc.