1st Player has signed

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even sure he's better than what we've already got.

I don't mean to be harsh, but at least give the guy and the club a chance!

We have had a lot of turmoil recently and this signing sounds like a decent one. I honestly expected a lot worse.

This link has Taggart mentioned in the text Linky

I don't mean to be harsh, but at least give the guy and the club a chance!

We have had a lot of turmoil recently and this signing sounds like a decent one. I honestly expected a lot worse.

This link has Taggart mentioned in the text Linky

Taggart was mentioned in the original Sky article too, they removed it. Not very well either, as the rest of the paragraph is still plural:

Now: "The enthusiasm of Paul Dickov was fantastic, they are committed to the cause at Oldham and have some big plans."

Then: "The enthusiasm of Paul Dickov and Gerry Taggart was fantastic, they are committed to the cause at Oldham and have some big plans."

Taggart was mentioned in the original Sky article too, they removed it. Not very well either, as the rest of the paragraph is still plural:

Now: "The enthusiasm of Paul Dickov was fantastic, they are committed to the cause at Oldham and have some big plans."

Then: "The enthusiasm of Paul Dickov and Gerry Taggart was fantastic, they are committed to the cause at Oldham and have some big plans."

Crafty buggers! :grin:

Does that mean that some news was leaked that shouldn't have been?

He's had some decent games against us for 'pool, but some of the comments here make him sound like Lionel fecking Messi. He's a lower league midfielder with a bit of skill. Get a grip people!

come on Garcon he is better than Whits and Worthy , him and Stephens should work well together

Look at the :censored:e weve had over the years and this guy is Ste bloody Gerard

He's had some decent games against us for 'pool, but some of the comments here make him sound like Lionel fecking Messi. He's a lower league midfielder with a bit of skill. Get a grip people!

Agreed. It's progress, but it's not exactly a "great signing!" yet.

Hopefully, however, it's a sign of us moving in a forward direction.

Agreed. It's progress, but it's not exactly a "great signing!" yet.

Hopefully, however, it's a sign of us moving in a forward direction.

I think the possibility of Latics getting a "wow!" signing is very remote, given our budget etc.

What we need are "sensible" signings...I have no complaints on this one.

jones is another butcher.

taggart is number 2 get over ir or go and see for yourself at the lancaster club

Im more intruiged to see your 44 other posts , all as positive as this?

For a club with a reduced budget this guys a cracking signing

What does concern me is that we apparently beat Championship clubs with a two year deal on offer.

If we're as painfully skint as it would seem then this could be a noose round our neck come the end of the season.

jones is another butcher.

taggart is number 2 get over ir or go and see for yourself at the lancaster club

For a moment I thought you meant a Midfield 'kick the feck out of everyone' butcher, not Richard. :huh:

Left foot... intriguing.

Ahhh... League 1 football. Ive forgotten that comforting lull of terrible build ups, edge of the box scrambles, terrible pitches, and slightly mis-hit shots that go in the top corner. Sod all this world cup malarky with skill, tactics, and entertainments - give me more football like that amazing carlisle attacking play.

Left foot indeed. I'm sure there will be lots of people pointing at him and whispering at Boundary park.

What does concern me is that we apparently beat Championship clubs with a two year deal on offer.

If we're as painfully skint as it would seem then this could be a noose round our neck come the end of the season.

Going off reports the championship club was millwall and he wanted to return to the north west so maybe money wasn't the only factor in his decision making.

Going off reports the championship club was millwall and he wanted to return to the north west so maybe money wasn't the only factor in his decision making.

hmm Im not sure , an extra grand a month wouldnt stop me moving down south for a year or so :wink:

hmm Im not sure , an extra grand a month wouldnt stop me moving down south for a year or so :wink:

It's not all money, is it? Maybe at Millwall he will be a squad player at best, whereas at BP he's guaranteed regular starts.

It's not all money, is it? Maybe at Millwall he will be a squad player at best, whereas at BP he's guaranteed regular starts.

Missus wanted him back to Manchester apparently...and the uber shy Kieran Lee now hassomeone to pal about with as they played at United togther for the ressies and youths and made their debuts around the same time for the Scum.

There are some seriously negative people on here. We are on a reduced budget yet we've signed a player that has turned down at least one championship team and at least one league one team to sign for us. Surely this is at the very least a decent signing?? Even if we signed messi some on here would still think he isn't good enough for us!!

There are some seriously negative people on here. We are on a reduced budget yet we've signed a player that has turned down at least one championship team and at least one league one team to sign for us. Surely this is at the very least a decent signing?? Even if we signed messi some on here would still think he isn't good enough for us!!

To be fair, he is a bit one footed.